“Awesome Place!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Peabody, Massachusetts
“Awesome Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

My Fiancee and I just got back from The Fiesta Americana Condessa All Inclusive Resort. We were there from 05/12/12-05/19/12. By Far this was one of the best places we have stayed in Cancun.I have been 6 times to different places. From the time we stepped off the shuttle service, to check in, to every single person you encounter through-out your whole time on the resort, we were greeted by friendly and courteous staff. The resort is clean and meticulous. There is always someone cleaning and making sure the resort is at its best. The pool area is amazing. From the impressionable pool to the activities directors, to the AMAZING pool service and staff. Manuel our daily pool bartender was so good. He was funny and right on the ball with having to order just once...knowing what everyone was going back for the second time. The beach staff was equally amazing, Pedro and Herculio and Jose were FANTASTIC!! They too had an unbelievable memories. They remembered our names after ordering drinks from the first day. If you like fish tacos, please do not miss them at lunch time at The Cervechio Resturant. Rudolfo, Jerimeiha, Arana, Jhonny, Pedro, and the rest of the staff there are so quick to take care of you. They made the BEST fish tacos ever! Your choices of resturants are wonderful. There is the buffet Kalamba that is open breakfast lunch and dinner with many different things on the menu. The pool side grill is located on the back side of the pool if you want hamburger hot dogs, poppers, french fries etc.. There is the Mexican resturant which was DELICIOSO!! The resturant next to the pool is a buffet in the day for lunch and converts into an Asian cuisine at night. The Rosada resturant is the hotels Italian place. Please make sure if you want to try this one, that the men have closed shoes and a collared shirt, or you will be denied access. (no exceptions). No matter where you go for food, you should be satisfied. Remember you are in a hot climate, on an ocean front property your room will be damp, and there will be musty smells. It is to be expected in the Carribean. The rooms were adequate with all the amenities that are needed while your away. They were clean and for me that was the most important. There were safes in your room so that you can keep your valuables locked at all times. If you needed anything more such as towels or more bottled water, all you needed to do was ask. All the staff spoke english. The hotel lobby bar was great at night. Coral and Denisse were the waitresses that took care of us all night. They were always checking on us to see if we needed anything else and were a world of information when you asked them anything about going into downtown, etc. If you want to go downtown to do some shopping, I recommend the Plaza Del Izla. (Island Plaza). Its a safe and good place to shop, but there is no bargaining. There are resturants and shops and even an aquarium. It costs 1 US dollar each way per person and the bus stop is right outside the hotel to the right. The bus is marked R1 downtown. Just tell the driver when you get on you want to go there and they will tell you when you arrive at the plaza. Same when you get the bus back to hotel, just tell them Fiesta Americana Condessa and they will yell out when your there. The hotel also offers a vacation club package. What this means is its a time share option. So note when you check in, they will have a hotel staff person talk to you, welcome you, and ask if you want to do a 90 min tour with some sort of gift at the end of the presentation. On Friday night the local merchants had a small market set up outside the hotel. Here you can bargain but there are so many talents there such as the man who finger painted scenes on ceramic tiles, to the most impressionable man who was doing blown glass figures. AMAZING. They prefer cash or pesos, but the man who does blown glass will accept AMERICAN EXPRESS cards only for credit card options. I was saddened by this because I didn't bring mine, or have enough cash to but something. Next to the lobby is Narango coffee bar. They have GREAT coffee selections such as cappuccino, espresso and even frozen coffee frappes, with choices of muffins, danish, cookies etc. It was very refreshing. There is a gift shop on site, however it is better to buy gifts at the shopping plaza. Free internet cafe is open there also. You can email home, check emails, facebook etc..for free. Just a note to you guys booking here, there are a lot of people that visit from all over. This also means that bathing suits might be a tad different from what we as American's might be used to. Tipping is not required however I recommend it. These workers work very hard and it helps them out. We brought a lot of small bills and tipped our waiters/waitresses, bartenders, and housekeepers. Again its not required, but we felt it was the best way to say thank you for all their hard work to help us have a great vacation. The way you treat these great people will be reciprocated. Talk nicely to them and they will be nice back. Please remember not to treat them like they are your personal slaves. (its amazing that we actually saw people doing this!) Go here, you will not be disappointed. We really did enjoy our choice here and hope to be back here again soon!

Room Tip: Highly recommend an ocean view room. We stayed in the Luna (moon) Tower on 5th floor
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Donna G
ManagerFACC, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thank you very much for such a generous and detailed review and for mentioning so many positive elements about the resort.

Staff members are happy to know that their efforts have been appreciated, thank you for highlighting the great service that you received during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warmest regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,766)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

My family traveled all over the world - America, Europe, Asia and Africa. This is the best, though it was 4 stars.

When we arrived at the airport, we were very surprised. Cancun is not like in Mexico. It was so clean, so pretty. It is better than a lot of places in America. The hotel zone is so nice, just like a paradise on the earth.

The hotel has a Hugh hut at the front. My kids loved it. We took a lot pictures. The coconut trees are so pretty with many fruits on each of them. We picked a few, and broke them, we drank the fresh juice. It was so fun, so memorable.

The best part is their food, so many choices and food is everywhere in the resort. We have been to Red Sea, the Mediteranea, though they are marked 5 stars, they are not comparable with Fieasta Americana. The services here are good too. You only give one dollar for tip every meal/time. We even got upgraded an ocean view room. They surprised us. It was free.

We were too busy with a lot excursions, we missed all evening shows. It was a great thing that we did swimming with dolphins. My kids loved the foot push. that was the highlight of our Cancun trip. But snorkeling was not the best. We went Red Sea, Egypt which is the best in the world. The colorful tropical fish swimming around you and between your legs and arms in Red Sea. They
even bite your toes in Red Sea. That was so fun there.

Our flight was in late afternoon. The hotel let us have lunch there. This is impossible in Europe, Asia or in Africa. In Egypt, they charge you twice for the lunch because they aim for your money.

In short, it was a great place to go. All my family voted to go back again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review. I’m very glad to know that your stay with us resulted in such a pleasurable and memorable vacation.

We are looking forward to having you and your family as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Medford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

My mother and I went to the Fiesta Americana to celebrate Mother's Day (5/12/12 to 5/16/12) this year and it was the BEST Mother's Day ever! We were warmly greeted by Marina at the Front Desk who could not have been nicer. Everyday we ended our day by having the BEST fish taco's with Eduardo. I can not say enough about the wonderful service and people we meet at the resort! The food was wonderful and the drinks were made with top shelf liquor if you asked. The rooms are damp, but it didn't bother us that much since you are not in the room that much. Matteress were hard, but we didn't have any problem falling to sleep. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Joan T
Thank you very much for sharing your review. It’s truly rewarding to know that your stay with us was excellent and that you were pleased with the quality on the food, the beach and the service provided by our staff. I appreciate your constructive criticism, as this is our source for growth and perfection.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun.

Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

The people were great. The food was tasty. Location real nice. Bed room was just okay. It smelled musty and the mattress appeared to be older- had lots of bumps (I went with a group and we all had the same experience with mattresses). I ended up with a sore back. The rest of the bedroom was clean, refreshed and a great view.

Except for my bedroom- the rest of the experience was great. I would definitely return here after I confirmed they had fixed the bedrooms.

Room Tip: I don't think you can get a bad view
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank James R
Abington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

My wife and I have stayed in Cancun before and were pleased with our choice at the time. First time at this resort. It was the greatest time we ever had. Can't say enough about this hotel.The staff could not do enough for us,from check in to check out. Food was excellent in all resturants, but I would say the Mexican was best. We will be back next In fact we plan on making this a yearly
event.

Room Tip: Up grade to a Junior suite ocean view
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bobnamder76
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

Just got back from 5 night 5-6-12 to 5-11-12. Was in room 350 Ocean front. Just overlooking palm trees, the pool bar slightly to the right and of course the gorgeous aqua water! I lied in bed every am enjoying my nice cold air conditioned room before heading out for the day. I am VERY light skinned so I could no sit very long on the beach so I was mostly at the pool bar. I am very bad at names but there was a young man bar tender at the pool bar and he was great. Always friendly and had your drinks ready to go before you were done the one in your hand. He also made a great shot called White Coral. YUM! The other bar tender at the pool bar was EH. We would ask for drinks and he would just ignore you and walk away and let the young kid do it all. Lazy I guess. Ok I want to make this short and sweet or I could go on and on.

I ate at the Mexican restaurant and the Japanese and both were very good. No complaints
We ate room service A LOT! Also, very good and usually took 20-25 min. Good selection.
The French Bread aka French Toast is YUMMY!! No syrup needed. Loved it.

PRO's

ocean front room -- is not that much more and totally worth the view! I was in room 350 and the a/c was nice and cold and the ceiling fan was nice and strong. was never hot in the room. probably under 70 degrees the whole time.

fish/shrimp tacos and guacamole and salsa was delish. I could eat it every single day!

the staff is great! all very friendly and helpful. Friend of ours said the bar tender told him on the american's and canadian's tip. what's a few bucks?? if you can afford to go on vacation, you can afford to spend $10 a day on people that wait on you hand and foot!

Beach - gorgeous!!! BUT watch out for knock down waves all day every day and a rip current!

lobby bar - is a fun place at night but after 8 you can't really get a seat at the bar. Bar tenders are the best in the resort!

I didnt see any of the shows so I cant comment on them.

I did not see ANY bugs at all in our rooms or common areas. This is very unlikely and we were very pleased.

CON's

Lobby bar is tiny. 12 bar stools maybe? Also, this is the only bar in the hotel open after 6.

Pool bar has hardly no entertainment. Bingo for 20 min. and some random music. This pool has a great set up and is HUGE. It would be SO much fun with pool games!!!

Beach - TONS of sea weed wraps around your feet while your in the water. YUCK. this skeeves me out!! Also, only shade is way up near beach bar and there is NO breeze so you can stay for long. Would love some umbrellas on the beach so me and my translucent skin and enjoy the waves and see breeze like everyone else.

Bring lots of sunscreen. I think it was $20-25 a bottle at the resort. I went through 2 cans. Christmas Tree shop $2.99 :)

As mostly all other reviewers said, the beds are hard but not like cement. I sleep on a plush latex mattress at home and this firm mattress was a bit uncomfortable but i didn't lose sleep over it.

Room Tip: ocean front rooms are not that much more money and are totally worth it!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Kristen1169
ManagerFACC, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. It’s great to know that Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun has met your expectations in different ways, such as service, facilities and rooms.

There is always a room for improvement and your suggestions are very much appreciated.

We are looking forward to having you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Hartville, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

Our stay at the resort was beyond amazing. I don’t even know where to begin! I guess I will start with the staff. Everyone, bartenders, wait staff, housekeeping, they all greeted us with a warm smile and a pleasant ‘Hola!’. We renewed our wedding vows while on the trip, and the wedding staff and photographers were beyond accommodating and helpful as well. I was treated like a true bride, not just a 'renewal', which was very special.

Food and drinks were great. I didn’t experience watered down drinks, in fact, most of the trip is a blur, so it was quite the opposite! I’m sure most of these were from Efram’s (pool bartender)doing. The food was also great. Breakfast was always wonderful, I had an omelet made every morning. Also at breakfast, I enjoyed the great selection of fruits, breads and fresh juices. We also had wonderful meals @ the seafood place & the Asian place. We ordered room service every night as well, and it too was enjoyable. I wouldn’t say the room service was fabulous, but definitely good.

The resort itself was also very beautiful. The pools and deck were kept clean and the wait staff was attentive and prompt. We were upgraded to a Jr Suite for our vow renewal package. We had 2 bathrooms and 2 balconies. The King bed had an extra pad on the top and the comforter and pillows were very, very comfortable.

We have done all inclusive before in different parts of the Caribbean, but had never been to Mexico. This was by far, the best place, even better than some 5 star resorts I’ve been too. I can’t complain about a single thing!
Keep up the great work!