“relaxing, beautiful” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“relaxing, beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

We stayed at the Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun the last week in February 2012. The property was very nice and well kept. The rooms were nice, but the beds were really uncomfortable. I used the gym to run on the treadmill a few times and having access to that was great. The pool was clean and the pool bar was fun. I like that the property was smaller compared to other resorts on the beach and it didn't feel packed, although everyone went to the pool early to "reserve" their chairs, but I was one of them, so we always had a good spot. I also liked that it wasn't the "spring break" crowd. There were still people partying at the pool bar and it was fun, but not over the top and the place was pretty quiet after 10:00pm or so. The beach was clean and the water was beautiful. The food was really good and I loved all the food options by the pool at lunch. The fish tacos were great! The restaurants were good and we only had to wait to get in to the Italian restaurant because it was so small. The employees were all very friendly and gave good service. Overall I thought the resort was really nice, the food was great and we would definitely come back to this resort, despite the uncomfortable beds.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank becky-mn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,618)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fontana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

my husband and i went june 2011 and had a great time!!! we are going back this june 2012

omg i was in love with the beach!!! so so pretty! the food was SO good! i just love the taco bar outside

everyone was so nice...i felt like i was a queen. as soon as we walked in they took our bags and handed us a drink. =)

we did leave the resort to go shopping not far at all from the resort. we took the bus. we also found nice bars with some good music! very safe place! Fiesta american condesa is the best!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank helen l
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

First things first, I love AIs. There is nothing better than leaving one credit card number and never worrying about anything again. This one was very nice.

When were there the beach was very uncooperative and marked as red flags for the entire visit. However, two resorts over to the right, there was a fantastic sandbar so we happily played in the water there. The pools are nice (filled with loud drunk people, but hey! it is Mexico), and we are just more ocean people so we made the schlep quite a bit.

The restaurants have the most amazing presentation. The food is so pretty but a little bit of a let down. However, I am sure if they seasoned their food to my liking people would be complaining it is too spicy. I would recommend the Mayan fish in the formal Mexican restaurant. It was nice to finally something eat something not deep fried.

Speaking of formal dining, there are a ton of complaints of tripadvisor when an AI requires reservations for their "fancy" restaurant---I wish that I had video taped the night we tried to eat at the fancy place here that has a no reservations policy. UTTER CHAOS. There was no visible system to having people seated, (we called it quits after waiting for 2 hours for a "30 minute" away table---only 2 of us btw), just a ton of very angry very hungry people yelling at incompetent/over worked hostess. They either need to get those buzzer thingys, honor their actual list, hire some more hosts, and/or start doing reservations.

It was a big let down to get all dressed up in our fancy clothes for a romantic dinner to wind up eating at the buffet. The more infuriating part was it was Asian night where they closed the Asian restaurant and put the same food out in the main hall. We had already eaten that food twice. Oh well.

The room are nice sized. People are weird. I actually preferred having the small bathroom with the sink and vanity in the room as to allow different people to act get ready at the same time. It is nice to be able to put on your face and not be kicked out every five minutes so someone can use the toilet :-)

Ladies, BRING CONDITIONER!!! I spent nearly the entire trip trying to buy some but they don't even sell it on the premises. Or in the spa. Or at the nearby gas stations. I wound uo shoving my frizzy dried out afro under baseball caps. Sexy.

All in all, the food was better than other places that I have stayed, the mattresses terrible but the rooms lovely, well-staffed, liquor top-shelf, nightly shows surprisingly great, and not in gloomy Chicago. I would recommend it other people but probably not return. Kind of over Cancun.

Room Tip: As always, ocean view, high floor if you care about view.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
6 Thank pizziehl
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

My husband and I went to Fiesta from March 22-26. Overall we had a very nice time. The only other place in Cancun we have stayed was at the Riu Palace, and in comparison I would def choose the Riu over Fiesta, but it was still a very nice stay.

Pool/Beach: Pool and beach area were both very nice. We're more pool people and only did the beach for a few hours the first day (plenty of chairs on the beach). The key we have found on vacations like this is to go down by the pool between 7:30-8 am and save yourself some chairs so they're there when you're ready. By 830 or so, most of them will be taken. There were 2 bars near the pool as well as the pool bar. The pool bar was awesome of course, and they played music that came from the pool bar area, where there was always a big crowd of people that would gather. Pools were very nice, no complaints.

Food: For breakfast we just did the buffet at Kambu (standard fruit, breads, cereals, omelettes to order, sausage, potatoes, etc. etc.). For lunch we liked the Asian restaurant, pretty much right next to the pool. That was a buffet as well and you could get burgers, salad, seafood, nachos, etc. For dinner, the great thing is that unlike other resorts, you don't have to make a reservation early in the morning/day. They are like any other restaurant you would normally go to- you put your name in and there may be a wait (plan on a 30-45 min wait at the Italian place). We thought the italian restaurant was the best. Food was excellent. The Asian was very good as well. Least favorite food-wise was the Mexican. Portions were small and not as good as the other places.

Fitness center: Very nice- we got down there by 8 or 830 each morning and there were always others in there but not too crowded. There are 4 treadmills and just about the same amount of steppers. There were free weights, 1 leg machine and another arm machine. No complaints here!

Staff/Rooms: The staff was super friendly. No complaints at all- they were great. The rooms were ok- again, Riu definitely beats out on the rooms. Things were very damp and there was a constant damp smell (we printed our boarding passes the night before and the next morning they looked like we dropped them in water). But you expect that kind of thing at a resort, so we didn't care!

You can't go wrong w/an all-inclusive, and this was no exception-you will enjoy your stay here!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank buffalogirl08
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

This hotel is one of the smaller ones in the hotel zone. I paid $185/night for a room by myself as part of a special conference rate. I would not pay a penny more to stay at this hotel. The beach is excellent, service and facilities are OK. My complaint with this hotel (and the complaint of most of the 300 conference attendees) would be the food. The two buffet restaurants are not very good and the two a la carte restaurants (only open for supper) are mediocre at best.

I got a decent room on a high floor (7th) with an ocean view which was decent. It was located on sea tower which is the only one that had wifi access. Rooms is spacious. Bathroom is very small.

Entertainment is pathetic. The shows at night are not shows but rather stages for hotel guests to embarass themselves. The kids club and the teen room are very small and do not offer very much to do. That being said the staff at the hotel is very friendly and does go out of their way to provide good service.

Room Tip: Sea tower 5th floor and above with ocean view. Negotiate at front desk. If they give you a poor ro...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Joseph S
Flushing MIchigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I just returned from a four day stay at the Fiesta Americana Condesa. I traveled with my cousin and my aunt neither of whom had been to Cancun before. This was my 12th visit to cancun, my first staying at the Fiesta Americana. Both my aunt and my cousin were apprehensive about staying at an all inclusive, as neither had stayed at one before. I travel frequently and always stay at an all inclusive. From the minute we arrived we were not disappointed. Check in was a breeze, approximately 10 minutes. The person handling our check in noticed that since there was 3 of us we might like an additional bed, also he also reassigned our room so that we had a balcony with sitting room, since some of the rooms do not have a balcony that you can walk out on. Within 5 minutes of arriving in our room our luggage was cheerfully delivered to us. We changed clothes and set out to tour the resort. Our first stop was the cerveche bar located at the edge of the pool and overlooking the ocean. There we enjoyed fresh chips and pico de gallo, and guacamole delicious! The menu also had lobster stew, calamari, fish and shrimp tacos among other wonderful choices. After a short walk around we headed back to our room where an additional bed had already been delivered and made up for the night. Breakfast the next morning was also a treat, eggs, bacon, fruit, juice, pastries beans, rice and a wide variety of other items to choose from. The resort is immaculate. The grounds are beautiful and the people could not be nicer. The specialty restaurants were wonderful, especially the italian. Everywhere you go in the resort you are greeted with a warm smile and a friendly helpful person. I have nothing but praise for the Fiesta Americana Condesa. Thank you for a wonderful time!

Room Tip: Oceanfront room with a balcony is worth the extra charge
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank sunlver50
Nashville,tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

This is a great all inclusive hotel. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are great. Pool is big and beautiful. Beach is wide and water is very blue. The playmakers at the resort who do the daily activities make your trip. Also for all those folks telling you cancun is dangerous.......they are crazy. These people go above and beyond to make your vacation special! If you choose this hotel I promise you will have a great vacation!!!

• Stayed December 2011