Hostel Ka'beh
$337
$330
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$465
$365
$503
$626
$506
Hyatt.com
$269
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$803
Moon Palace Cancun(Cancun)
$604
$538
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsado bus stationwell equipped kitchenstayed here for two nightshot showercoco bongofree breakfastevening activitiesenjoyed my stayguacamolehotel zonehammocksdormjenganetflixdiegomexicosupermarket
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere in this hostel is amazing!!! They hay great activities every night that's include free drinks or food most of the time, no check out time is one of the best things ever, also the precautions about bug beds, are great, is a really clean an nice place. Yes the hostel is small but perfect to meet other travelers (in my opinion one of the reasons to stay in a hostel) seems like a big family.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Flakka82
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I've stayed at Ka'beh for a total of 6 nights; during that time, I've got to know all the staff who were definitely one of the best aspects of the hostel - genuinely interested in chatting to you and creating a nice homely vibe. The hostel itself is generally well equipped. The main downsides I found were a lack of bathrooms (2 for about 25 people if the hostel is full!) and also the lack of any comfy chairs (the 'sofa' being a particularly uncomfortable choice). But I know the second issue is actively being resolved, so hopefully won't be an issue soon.

As far as the aforementioned party vibe, it very much depends on the people who stay there. There's always an option for guests to go to a Cancun club night, but in general people will have a few civilised drinks and chat. The hostel puts on activities like tequila jenga or beer pong, but these are more just a way to get everyone chatting than a invitation to descend into total debauchery.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank bsjw84
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed at Ka'beh the first three days of my trip in Central America. What a great place to start a journey like this. The staff was so cool. The first night we arrived, the girls who work there took us to go clubbing. What a night! The night after, they cooked for us and the night after that, it was open bar. For 20 pesos. The price was ridiculously low. My friend and I liked this place so much. It's in Cancun, so you really feel the vibe of the city other than in those big hotels near the beach. There's a bus stop near the hostel if you want to go to the beach and there's AC in the dorms (which is really appreciated in Cancun). The staff are also amazing to recommend you what to do and where to go. I would go there again anytime.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2013

A friend and I stayed here at the final stop on our months long Central America journey. We had no interest in any of the usual Cancun attractions and just wanted a quiet place to organize and pack.

This hostel had a bit of a party vibe. This probably wasn't helped by the sign at the front door stating something like "11PM: Drinking! 2AM: More drinking!" It turned out to not be too bad, though. Some of the staff was very cold and unfriendly, but others were friendly.

I guess everything regarding "vibe" met our expectations from a hostel in Cancun, which was definitely not the place for us! =)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sean S
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Whilst Cancun wasn't for me, Ka'beh has left me with some fantastic memories. David has created a great hostel over the last four years and one that lives up to the promise of being your home away from home. There's no need for me to describe why I like the hostel so much, in fact I'm not sure if I could anyway, stay there when in Cancun and you'll find out for yourself. Keep up the good work David

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo