“Great place to stay”
Review of Ambiance Suites

Ambiance Suites
Ranked #62 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed September 15, 2013

All the staff from check in to check out are all very professional, and extremely helpful. They are also very courteous, and kind, and I enjoyed my stay, and I definatly reccommend this hotel for anyone traveling to Cancun. They are also very helpful if you are going to continue your travels to other cities, or your headed down to Belize. I thank the whole staff for all their considertions, and sincere kindness. Adriana King, San Antonio, Texas

Room Tip: Standard rooms are more than perfect for couples, or singles,
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GeneralManagerAMB, General Manager at Ambiance Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to post this great review. We look forward to being your hosts once again in the future.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed for 7 nights in early August. Since the beach is not important to us, we always opt for downtown hotels with a quiet pool. We usually stay at the Radisson, but decided to give the Ambiance Suites a try on this trip. We are very glad we did! We stayed in a standard room which was perfectly acceptable, but next time we will pay the few dollars more for the Junior Suite. It looked roomy and has more living area. We were impressed by the overall cleanliness of the hotel, the quality of the sheets and the towels, and the friendliness/helpfulness of the staff. We especially liked the female security guard, we never got her name, but she stored our bags when we arrived and greeted us each morning with a smile. The Reception Desk was helpful in all ways, even suggesting the best place to buy a birthday cake.
I cannot understand all the complaints about the continental breakfast being "just toast, juice and coffee" Hey folks...that is what a continental breakfast is!! If you do not wish to eat in the hotel restaurant, there are plenty of breakfast places within walking distance. We found the service in the restaurant to be very friendly, although slow. Some mornings it was so full that there was no where to sit. Not sure what is the solution to that, but it didn't really bother us to wait between cups of coffee.
All in all, ours was a great stay and one that we will repeat. Radisson, you just lost some clients and Ambiance Suites, you gained some!

Room Tip: If the Junior Suite is just a few dollars more than the Standard Room, book the Junior Suite.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerAMB, General Manager at Ambiance Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to post this fantastic review. We look forward to being your hosts once again in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This hotel is the best for the tourists who are planning to do "full-day excursion/tours". I had to go to Chichen Itza, Ek Balam, Coba, Xel-Ha, Zip-Line adventure etc... so many!!!.., so I decided that all-inclusive hotel would be not a good choice!! So, I booked this hotel. Because it is a new hotel, not many reviews were found in many sites. But, I am glad that I picked this hotel.

Location: perfect! It is in central Cancun. The better place to explore Mexican restaurants!! They are cheaper. Also, you can find 5 restaurants by walk (not even a minute..maybe a minute) Especially, I loved the restaurant called Taco d madre (They open till 12 sometimes 2am(weekend.. i think) Also, you can easily find taxi around this hotel. The casino is right next to the hotel, so many taxis are around there.. I went to many restaurants while in stay, and taxis are really cheap. (3dollars- downtown Cancun)

room: very nice. I especially liked housekeeping. The room is huge for two people. 2 double beds! there are table, fridge, microwave (which was very neat), sofa, big tv etc. The bed was comfy and I liked it

front desk: hmm.. I did not ask many questions. I don't think they are extremely friendly as in other hotels in Cancun. (you know, all-inclusive ppl are very nice:) However, they were polite and.. just did their job.

price: I actually checked all of the downtown hotels. This one was the best! There were cheaper ones, but the facilities seemed very old and got negative reviews

good things about this hotel: late check-in. (I arrived Cancun after 11pm, but they gladly helped us) / microwave (I used it everyday) nearby restaurants

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I came to Cancun for extensive dental surgery and stayed at the Ambiance for 10 nights. Everything POSITIVE the other reviewers have pointed out is very accurate. I rate Ambiance as "excellent" on all the usual points and would definitely stay here on holiday, but I would also like to focus on and praise its suitability for "medical tourists" coming to Cancun. It is close to every type of convenience(supermarkets, transportation, drugstores, shopping mall, etc.) someone recovering from minor medical or dental procedures would probably need. The staff is very friendly, understanding, helpful, and supportive. I will definitely stay in this hotel when I return for more dental work next year. Ambience seems to attract a diverse international clientele, which makes it relaxing AND interesting for a medical tourist needing to stay relatively close to the hotel. This is not a "medical spa", but is just right for the independent, budget- conscious medical tourist who wants a safe, relaxing base. Sherie B.

Room Tip: My courtyard facing room was just right. Lovely courtyard and pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GeneralManagerAMB, General Manager at Ambiance Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We live in isla Mujeres and enjoy going to the casino which is next door to the hotel. We have stayed there on several occasions and have always been happy with tho condition of the hotel the rooms and the comfort of the bed. The noisiest part of the hotel is on the street front if possible request a room away from there for a quiet evening.

Room Tip: Away from the street front
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I really like new hotels. Especially when I arrive not knowing that it's new.
This is my fourth trip to the Yucatan and it seems that either a departing, or in this case an arriving flight (mine landed at 9pm local time) puts me in a hotel closer to the airport before beginning or ending my vacation.
I spent the last 2 nights at Ambiance, the first because it was late to start heading south and the second because I've become fond of the area that the hotel is located in after spending time there over the last 3 years.
You can walk to great restaurants, a15 minute bus ride will put you right in the middle of the hotel zone where it's a short hop through any lobby to the beach and, if you want to try your luck, there's a casino right next door.

Did I mention it's all new?
Beds
Curtains
Coffee Maker
Fridge

Everthing...

My advice is go there and use all of these things before someone else does.

WiFi had every bar lit all the time.
AC is great.
Staff is friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Pick one, they're all new.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sean M
GeneralManagerAMB, General Manager at Ambiance Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Reviewed July 25, 2013

New, located a few blocks from downtown, not fancy very basic but, very very clean, superb beds,great air conditioner. great for people who is goging to spend much of the time in activities out of the hotel

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Victor C

Many thanks for taking the time to post this great review. we look forward to being your hosts once again in the future.