“MERAK is the only good thing about it!!!”

Hummer Jungle Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
All-Inclusive Self-Drive Hummer Tour: Ziplining...
Ranked #25 of 290 Outdoor Activities in Cancun
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Explore Cancun and Riviera Maya like never before - Driving a Hummer! Hop aboard a fully automatic Hummer and take the adventure of a lifetime, visiting an authentic Mayan ruin treasure, visit jungle ancient species at an interactive jungle animal shelter. What about walking among 13ft crocodiles, feed deers, chat with parrots and wacaws, pet a boa and more! Go on a thrilling ziplining adventure and a wild ride on your automatic ATV through the mayan jungle! Swim in a sacred cenote, a natural sink hole filled with sweet water. Have lunch in front of the beautiful turquoise caribbean sea. Book Hummer Jungle Tours TODAY and experience the very best of the Riviera Maya and go back home totally renewed! A Unique experience... Don't take chances, reserve directly in our official website, we manage small size groups so our tours are booked quickly and you get the attention you deserve.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I booked the tour online via Cancun-discounts.com for four people (which by the way don't book anything on that website) but unfortunately my bother could not travel to Mexico due to passport issues. I emailed Cancun-discount and hummer jungle tours about the situation if I could get some type of reimbursement. ( the rest of us were still doing the tour so they weren't loosing any money) Cancun-discount.com told me that they were no responsible for the issue to fix it with hummer jungle tours which I think is very unprofessional and they also gave me a number that did not exsit and never replied to my emails after that. After emailing hummer jungle tours about 20 times not exaggerating they finally replied to me the day of the tour saying that they will give me more information as the tour goes on through out the day. We went on with the tour and we had a good time.. food quality wasn't the greatest they barely gave you any food, I mean you been doing activities all day by the time you get there your starving, but the over all experience was fair MERAK IS A GREAT TOUR guide only good thing about the tour was. So back to my money situation they never told me anything at the tour when I got back to my resort they had email me returning only $30 hello I paid 155 for that tour and they are only returning $30 they did not paid food for my brother or gas money or anything so they just ripped me off $130.00. ONLY DO THIS TOUR IF YOU ARE 110% YOU WILL NOT BACK OUT DUE TO AN EMERGENCY BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT REFUND YOU!!! wait i still emailed them back asking why they only gave me $30 only replied once giving me some poop of a story and I emailed them again and again and again and they never replied so don't book with them nor Cancun discounts total rip offs. And professional and also they aren't well known in Cancun.

2  Thank Adriana L
"fantastic guide"
in 6 reviews
"amazing tour"
in 11 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 7 reviews
in 13 reviews
in 242 reviews
in 52 reviews

Reviewed March 9, 2013

My partner and I just recently visited Cancun, Mexico. We are generally "sit on the beach and enjoy the sun and some drinks kind of vacationers. This vacation we decided we wanted to at least do "something". After lots of research and excellent reviews, we signed up for the Hummer Jungle Tour. It was an absolute highlight of the trip. "Easy", our tour guide was great. He was so personable and knowledgeable, he made the trip very interesting and enjoyable. On this excursion you do so much in a day and it is so well worth it. Every part of the day was fun. "Easy" knew and shared so much information about the Mayan Ruins, I was happy to get my "culture" in. From the ruins we went on to zip line and cliff dive in the cenote - which was a lifetime experience that I will always love, four wheel on ATV's through the jungle and zip line through the jungle. It's off to lunch on the beach - which was also great. We ended the trip with a stroll around the interactive zoo. If you get the chance to do this trip and want a full day of a great time, you have got to check this out. We went in February and the day was "cool" (70's), so my only suggestion would be to have a light jacket or sweatshirt just in case. The view at lunch was gorgeous, but it was cool with that ocean breeze.

2  Thank mam9209
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We won't recap everything that this excursion entails as others have done. After several days lounging at the resort, we really felt like we got to experience more of what Cancun has to offer during the Hummer Jungle Tour. Mayan ruins, ATV, zip lining, cliff jumping, and crocodile handling in a single day -- what more could an adrenaline junkie want? The higher adrenaline activities are optional and some members of the group opted out without a problem. The "petting zoo" seemed more like Jurassic Park than those we are accustomed to in the US, but again optional for those that are squeamish about interacting with reptiles, monkeys, birds, etc..

Our guide, Ezekiel, was great and spoke perfect English. He taught us about Mexican culture, Mayan history and much more. While we had prepaid for the trip directly with the company, our daughter was ill on the scheduled day and they allowed us to reschedule to a later date when she was better. We were in a nice, small group with a total of 8 people in two hummers including Ezekiel. Thanks Ezekiel and come visit us in California. ~J and K

2  Thank JB_and_KB
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were picked up on time in a clean, well maintained Hummer H3 by our guide; Merak who was friendly, knowledgeable and professional the whole day. This is not a 4x4 romp through the jungle, splashing through huge mud puddles and flying down dust tracks at break-neck speeds. If you're looking for that - this is not it. This is more along the lines of a day of unique sight-seeing in a Hummer which you get to drive.

Our first stop was the Mayan ruins to the south of Cancun called 'El Rey'. We were guided through the area by Merak who obviously knew what he was talking about and spoke with genuine enthusiasm for the subject. Part of our group was from Brazil, and my wife and I spoke only English but Merak shifted seamlessly between Portuguese and English and we never felt left out. After an hour or so we drove on to a zip-line area in the jungle were we flew through the jungle at tree-top level. We'd never done this before but the staff were professional, safety conscious and polite.

After this we took ATV's through the jungle to a private cenote which was pure magic. Crystal clear water and a zip-line that allowed you to drop in with a splash. Back onto the ATVs to the Hummer.

A short ride to Puerto Morelos for lunch by the sea in a lovely little restaurant, then on to 'Crococun' which is a small zoo that contains all manner of local animals most of which have been rescued from other collections. A large number of reptiles, birds, deer, free-to-come-and-go monkeys on display which can be handled under the watchful eye of your zoo-keeper. Pouches of animal-friendly fruit and nuts could be purchased so you can feed the animals yourself. Finally, back into Cancun late in the afternoon.

Excellent day made all the better by a skilled and knowledgeable guide. Well worth it. Saw so much without feeling regimented or rushed. Fantastic.

4  Thank Thwibble