“Expensive”

Elefanta Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Elefanta Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 1,036 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Inspired on the culture, architecture and mainly on the Indian gastronomy, Elefanta restaurant was created. Bringing a bit of the magic and misticism of this place, in fusion with a modern city, the Elefanta Indian Cuisine concept was originated. With the service of our chef, Basant Kumar and other indian borned members of this team, we offer an exotic culinary delight, in a very authentic and special place. The restaurant has two tandoor ovens, typical from India, that brings to your palate the unique and exquisite flavors from our kitchen.
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We went during march spring break. The food was delicious, but I thought the price was too high what I received. I did get mosquito bites all over my legs as we were seated next to the lagoon. Oddly enough, I didn't get mosquito bites at the thai lounge next door. Overall, a good meal, but very expensive.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

After staying for a couple of days eating food served at my resort I craved for some nice Indian food and found this gem of a restaurant. Loved the food and service. We were seated outdoors at the pier over looking downtown and the location was just perfect for enjoying a peaceful dinner. Had the best Dal, Kulcha and fried rice. Also liked the chutneys served with appetizers and the cute little wooden spoons for serving chutneys. The food was a bit pricy but I did not mind as I was a tourist and was more than happy to find good Indian food there.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I went there to celebrate his birthday, the hostess pamela was very nice and they took a piece of birthday cake with a candle and they all sang the birthday song, it was nice.
Food was nice, not to spicy, I was not sure were to go since it was on a sunday and most of the restauranst I wanted to go were closed, but this place was beautiful, the lagoon, the candles, very romantic!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Tucked away, literally, behind the construction at La Isla mall, Liverpool, and the aquarium is a delightful array of 3 Asian restaurants. We had tried the Thai in years past and enjoyed it, but found a wondrous, authentic Indian experience (minus the after-dinner anise) at Elefanta. On the lagoon and darkly lit, we wondered if this was too romantic to be tasty -- we were pleasantly surprised. Samosas of ground lamb were light and flaky. Paneer in a tomato sauce over veggie rice was fabulous. The vegetables in the rice were perfectly crisp and flavorful! And we enjoyed the garlic naan, not too garlicky but delightfully crisp.Mao, we played it safe with our selections but were so happy, we will go back for more adventurous choices.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We are no experts in Indian food but we enjoyed our meal. Small portions. Nice atmosphere. Pleasant service.