“Good food in a beautiful setting”

Elefanta Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Elefanta Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 1,022 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Inspired on the culture, architecture and mainly on the Indian gastronomy, Elefanta restaurant was created. Bringing a bit of the magic and misticism of this place, in fusion with a modern city, the Elefanta Indian Cuisine concept was originated. With the service of our chef, Basant Kumar and other indian borned members of this team, we offer an exotic culinary delight, in a very authentic and special place. The restaurant has two tandoor ovens, typical from India, that brings to your palate the unique and exquisite flavors from our kitchen.
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Quite good food, given the rather touristy location, just outside of a shopping area and local aquarium. The setting is lovely, small private huts overlooking the lagoon. The service was excellent, bringing me a pashmina so that I would not be chilly in the breezy weather the night we were there. There was a nice selection of vegetarian items, something I found lacking in many other local eateries. All in all, a nice surprise and highlight of all the food we ate during our vacation. We enjoyed it so much, we ate dinner there twice.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

The service was good, the chiken tikka masala and palak panneer was really good and I ask for mango lassi mmmm!! that was Delicious !! the restaurant is beautiful and very romantic overlooking the lagoon.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We ate hear mostly because of the beautiful view of the bay. The Indian food was okay, though I'm not a fan of Indian food, so may be I'm not the best judge. I was fine but didn't stand out in my mind in any way. The seating is right on the edge of the bay and very romantic.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Very expensive, yet average taste. But the ambiance was nice...till we got bitten by mosquitoes. There are plenty of them as it is overlooking a lagoon. There was even a can of bug repellent spray on the seat (Not sure if it was by the restaurant) :-)

I tried the vegetarian variety and my friend tried the meat. Both were below average. The naan was too hard and chewy. Daal was decent and the veg curry/paneer mutter were below average. Surprisingly, Jeera rice was too hard and grainy. It's hard to rate good any Indian restaurant that does not prepare its rice properly.

The only item that impressed me was the veg kabab platter. The veggies and the Kabab was done nice, crisp, presented nicely and was a delight.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We absolutey LOVE Indian food, and have eaten it all over the world. Our experience last night was just a huge disappointment, as well as incredibly expensive for Indian food. i would venture to say that this was perhaps the most expensive Indian food we have ever eaten per dish, even in some of the finest Indian restaurants in New York City and London. None of our dishes had a modicum of the great blend of flavors associated with Indian food. We had a chicken biryani, a lamb korma, lobster with Indian spices (not), & garlic naan. The staff was very nice, just as found all over Cancun but the service left a lot to be desired. It is a very lovely setting, without a doubt, but this in itself does not substitute for good food & service. We would not have minded the ridiculous prices had the food been just wonderful, and the service more professional, as we are definitely "foodies".

2  Thank lhr824