Open today: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Scuba trip to Cozumel

A brilliant, smaller scuba company which specialises in a personal service! My wife and I are... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
combatsmurf
Glasgow, UK
via mobile
Smaller shop with attentive service - great experience!

Manta Divers is a smaller shop that has great service. Alex was quick to respond to our questions... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
thatdiverlife

Recommended experiences in and around Cancun
from $95.00
from $59.00
from $60.00
from $79.00
More Info
All reviews dive shop dive master blue gecko night dive dive sites star padi chac mool dive package boat crew great dives open water dives refresher course underwater museum rental equipment discover scuba diving experience experienced divers
Selected filters
Reviewed September 21, 2016

My cousin was certified by Manta Divers in Cancun and they provided a fantastic experience for her. Zac made sure that she was completely at ease during her pool work and gave her extra attention when we were on our dives.. A great time was had by everyone

Reviewed September 21, 2016

Our trip included novice divers as well as experienced divers and an age range from 22 to 77 years old. Museum dives, reef dives and cenotes were all covered. I will use Manta divers again when I return to Cancun.

Reviewed September 21, 2016 via mobile

We had such a fun time and were greeted by a beautiful tropical bird when we came in. While we were snorkeling we saw 2 stingrays and one huge sea turtle. The water was so clear you could see straight to the bottom. It truly was an amazing experience. Also the staff was very nice.

- Amelia Oliver

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed September 19, 2016

I chose Manta Divers after finding their information off the PADI website. The reviews were great and I was looking forward to my dive. This one day of diving was the sole purpose of my three day trip to Cancun. Once I arrived at the dive shop, the receptionist at the front was very polite and we chatted for awhile. Great lady. However, once the dive master (instructor) came in, I immediately noticed he was not very personable and did not even introduce himself. My first thought was to leave and get a refund, but I had already spent so much money on getting there, I figured I would stay. As we started to get fitted for rentals, I did not feel welcome and the instructor gave me attitude for not remembering which size wet suit I wore. As we made out way out to the dive site, we did do a briefing which was nice and once we were under water, the instructor also did a good job of finding sea life in hidden places. When we returned to the dock after diving, we took all of our gear and set it on the dock. I accidentally grabbed his BCD and equipment and carried it into the dive shop instead of mine. Once he caught up to me, he started screaming at me telling me I was going to get someone killed if I go through life not paying attention to details. I felt like this was a bit drastic and I am well aware that attention to detail is important as my job is very detail oriented and places peoples lives in my hands every day. However, I was on vacation trying to relax and it was a minor mistake. It was something he could have briefed me on in a more polite manner. I'm sure there are a lot of great instructors that work for Manta Divers, but I will not dive there again.

Date of experience: September 2016
MantaDiversCancun, Manager at Manta Divers Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2016

Dear Officeinthesky,

Extremely sorry to hear about your experience diving with us ! Can you please contact Alexandra by email at mantadiversoffice@gmail.com and give us your phone details so we can call you and discuss more thoroughly what happened that day and convince you to dive with us again next time you're in Cancun.

We work very hard to maintain a high level of service at all times and make sure people have such good memories, they will come and dive with us again and again.

Thank you very much for your honest review !

Alex

Reviewed September 16, 2016

We had three generations of Donaldsons, grandfather, son and 4 grandchildren. The dives ran on time, there was no waiting. The boats were clean and nice. There were open water reefs, wrecks and cave dives. Our divemaster gave very clear instructions and made sure that we were suited up properly, especially the grandfather. i felt very safe.