All reviews round pool ocean front long pool rectangular pool haven bar room service serenity pool club guests flavours restaurant serenity package beautiful resort partial ocean view room swim up room american steak bluetooth speaker club ocean hydrotherapy circuit
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel was everything I expected it to be, having read lots of reviews and researched the location etc before booking. I suggest people do the same before booking as then you won’t be disappointed expecting something it’s not.

Hotel is secluded, not in walking distance from any shops or restaurants and is located in a conservation area plus a coral reef. So wide beaches with crystal clear still water it is not. Hardly anyone was on the beach, as there’s a lot of shrubbery and still seaweed in the sea although not at all as bad as what I think the whole of the coast has had this summer. This is definitely a pool based resort, not a beach one. And there is little evening entertainment, more of a quiet resort more for relaxing.

But what it is is a stunning and beautifully designed hotel with excellent food and drink and wonderful staff. The pools are exceptional - a round walk in pool that feels like you’re walking into the sea, and a long pool split into two levels that I actually gave up swimming the length of as was tiring :)

This was the first time we went for a room with a swim up/pool outside the room. It was 100% the right decision to go for an ocean facing swim up as we loved spending time here in the mornings sunbathing, either with just the sound of the waves or our own music (if no one else were in their pools) and then spent the afternoon around the big pools. I don’t feel we would have used the bath that is on all other upper levels but the pool yes. Waking up to a view of the sea each morning was beautiful. And I loved the aromatherapy spray each evening on the pillows and in the room.

We found food and drink to all be very good and portion sizes were just right. We also liked that there was no buffet in the evening. We far prefer a la carte and there tends to be less food wastage in my opinion. Usually we like to eat outside on holiday but it was so hot that we welcomed the restaurants indoors with aircon! I do agree that it would be useful to have some drinks menus in Limes or the pool bars as even though I love my cocktails, I struggled to think of different varieties while I was there! So mainly went for pina coladas, which were gorgeous!! That said, the waiting staff round the pool would often bring a surprise which were great.

The staff are fantastic and friendly. Christian and Eduardo looked after us (we didn’t get to say good by to you Christian but thank you so much as we had a wonderful holiday). And the pool waiting staff often remembered our drinks choices from day to day and brought us new rounds without even asking. Waiting staff and bar staff all fantastic.

So without detailing every part of the holiday, I do have some recommendations for improvements. These are not negatives, every business should constantly be iterating and adapting to meet the businesses needs.

- Provide a bath mat for the patio for rooms with pool. The marble floor can get slippery with water everywhere.

- Cocktail menus to help make good choices :)

- Reduce the prices of treatments at the spa. Stupidly expensive, twice the price of a good spa at the uk. We’d have definitely bought treatments if they had been reasonable. $240 for 80 minutes is expensive.

- Serenity package is a bit pointless. Why not just offer guests staying in ocean front rooms all of the perks but forget the serenity concept. Other than breakfast at Vistas and a lounge that we went to twice and were the only ones in there, there seems no differences. We didn’t need to reserve tables in restaurants as they were always available.

- Have a towel hut. Yes the pool guys bring towels and set up beds, but I’m more than happy to grab a towel myself - I just think a hut would be better than a wheelie bin!

- Try to encourage more people to go on the beach by removing more shrubbery (if allowed to) and putting a beach bar on there maybe? Make the water sports more inclusive and give then a more prominent position.

- Loved the music round the pool, totally to my taste. But I can see why it’s not to everyones taste - I know that my 70 year old parents wouldn’t have enjoyed it some days. Something more Latino in the afternoons maybe. The DJ was great, but sadly this was only on one day.

- Nothing Mexican about the hotel except the wonderful staff. Instead of a trio playing very dated, crowd pleaser music one evening (think Sweet Caroline etc) bring in authentic musicians playing something a bit cooler. We heard some great live music in the beach bars on Isla Mujeres. The trio we heard reminded me of the film The Wedding Singer!

- Use less plastic water bottles, serve water in plastic cups. We had around 8 plastic bottles of water a day in our room during our stay. Times that by the number of rooms - it’s a lot. Help save the planet!

- Turn the Haven bar into something a bit more lively and inviting. The bar itself is too small and hidden in here, make a feature of it, like the bar in Limes. The space is currently uninviting and empty. And Limes is too small to handle all the guests that prefer to go in there instead.

As I say, not negatives but would make this resort even more fantastic.

Also, would highly recommend a catamaran trip with Albatross. Fantastic day and a chance to swim in the stunning turquoise waters and experience the island of Isla Mujeres.

I would 100% recommend this hotel and would love to return.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank shangri-lada
havenresorts, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Haven Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear shangri-lada,

It is a great honor for us to read your kind comments. We sincerely thank you for taking the time to let us know the details of your stay with us.

Thank you for rating our food service with amazing quality, we provide a high level of mixology experience and we are happy to read you enjoyed it.
We will share your good comments to our staff. We are delighted to know the level of service you received from the staff members exceeded all your expectations; we are proud to have professional, hardworking women and men at Haven.

Regarding your appreciation about our ocean front, we thank you for your understanding regarding the beach conditions, as natural area we do our best to promote together with Aqua World many water activities like paddle board, kayaking and sailing, we hope you had the opportunity to do some of this mention activities.

We work hard to create the right atmosphere and experiences that accentuate the uniqueness of our property so we sincerely thank you for your all your recommendations and suggestions, be sure that our guest’s comments play a large role in making every stay even better. We are working hard to surpass the expectations of every guest and make them have the best vacations.

All your comments have been already shared with key positions in our organization; in order to implement adjustments that enable us to improve our service to make Haven even better.

When you come back you will be happy to see that we did take actions based on your recommendations.

We all at haven look forward to your return.

Cordially,

Vanessa Tabibnia
Guest Relations Manager
Haven Riviera Cancún Resort & SPA

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place is so awesome and the staff is amazing. Always checking on you to see how you doing or what else they can do for you. I love the 24 hour room service especially Jose. Made us feel so welcome

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just came back yesterday after 14 nights , The hotel looks and sounds amazing when you look it up on the net ,,,,But 5 star it is not ,the staff are lovely friendly but very much in your face looking for tips, we booked a room with garden view but got a so called up grade to a partial sea view doing us a favour they said ,,,but it was because the hotel was half empty and they wanted us all In one area, 5 restaurants it's supposed to have but really it's got 4 but the seafood one only open 4 nights a week, little to no entertainment no bar menus or cocktail lists so difficult to know what's on offer, ask for spirits by name we had a few gins that were vodka ,possible they use labeled bottles but put in cheap local rubbish, you will also need plenty of anti acid pills and a big supply of adult nappies as YES THE TUMMY BUG IS REAL ,ALL THE SECOND WEEK SEVERE TUMMY CRAMPS WIND HEADACHE AND THE RUNS, 100 USD FOR 4 PEOPLE TO CANCUN AND BACK,, no there's nothing to do at the hotel other than get burnt wow its hot factor 50 plus needed,gym is great hardly used no real activities, and take ear plugs for when the Americans turn up and take over which they did second week , our room half of the time stank of rotten drains and the air con wow polar ice cap all the time no way to turn it up down or off, (possible flat battery in remote though) don't leave your balcony door open if your air con is on because it causes the floor tiles to become an ice rink, don't answer the feed back e mails while your there as if you have even the slightest moan or suggestion (like a bar menu or courtesy bus) the staff never leave you alone it's like big brother watching you all the time , The staff are nice friendly the flight and transfers with tui were spot on, no tui rep at the hotel though, IN MY OPINION CERTAINLY NOT 5 STAR AND IF I WAS YOU I WOULD BOOK INTO MOONS WHICH IS NEXT DOOR SO MUCH BETTER MORE POOLS MORE RESTAURANTS ,,but this is just my opinion I am sure others had a much better time ,, one thing if nothing else, BE VERY AWARE THE POO BUG IS A REAL THREAT CYCLOSPORA CAYETANENSIS

Room tip: Book another hotel
2  Thank ROBACOM

Dear Rob Acomb,

We thank you for the time you have taken to tell us more about your stay at Haven. We truly appreciate your preference and to have given us the opportunity to host your last holiday.

We regret to hear that our efforts to exceed your expectations were taken in a wrong way.

Regarding your concern about our Food and Beverage department, we want to share that as a 5-star resort, we operate under different international certificates, such as Cristal and other similar Tour Operator’s requirements, we undergo food analysis processes, and rest assure that all spirits have the required security seals. Our company understands the importance of protecting our guests and our constant evaluations prove that after almost one year from opening, we are still getting great results and feedbacks.

Air conditioning areas when exposed to the humidity of the peninsula can create damp areas, this is why all doors must remain closed.

We do have drink menus; I have shared your comment with the bar manager and he will make sure rooms and bars have them available all the time.

I have checked for a report or feedback during your time frame stay and found nothing; not even with our medical 24-hour service.

We work to offer different options to all our guests; Haven is more of a wellness and gourmet resort (not party oriented) and we sincerely regret to know that our daily activities have not exceeded your expectations. We have a weekly schedule program with many outdoor day activities and by night Limes Sports Bar, Havens Lounge and our Moons Cabaret that presents great different shows. I’m assuming that for whatever reason you missed our activities.

Cordially,

Vanessa Tabibnia
Guest Relations Manager
Haven Riviera Cancún Resort & SPA

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First time in Cancun and didn’t regret to book this beautiful resort at Haven Riviera.
We had an amazing time and felt always welcome. The staff was always friendly and took care of us. Some of them started small taking with us and gave us the feeling of being not just “a” random guest.
Some of the staff greet even greet us by our names from day one. Never had that experience in an other hotel!
The resort itself is beautifully designed and it felt very luxury. From the entrance to the beach beds is everything well designed and comfortable at the same time.

The restaurants in the resort are serving amazingly good food and we didn’t feel like being in an all incl. hotel. Only the missing price in the menu let you don’t forget that fact.

The designer, who designed the resort, knew about the “not so nice” beach (because of the seaweed) and created a very realistic artificial looking lagoon in its resort center. As you could see on the pictures of the resort.
Yes, a seaweed swim out is not possible (at least during our stay, but we had still a great time.

Everybody who is looking for a get away holiday should visit Haven Resort. And just to clarify it, I didn’t get paid for this review.
I just didn’t find one single negative aspect who is worth to mention.

1  Thank mileshighclub
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just come back form a week at haven for our honeymoon and we can't stop raving about it!

We stayed in a partial ocean view swim up suite (we were upgraded on arrival from a garden view swim up FOC). The room was immaculate, filled with everything you need, cleaned daily. The swim up rooms round the circular pool get the sun until approx 12/1pm. Which is perfect.

Rom service is amazing (about a 45 minute wait usually) and the food is lovely... breakfasts especially!

We ate in all the restaurants apart from the seafood one as we weren't so taken by the menu. But the rest were lovely and there is no need to pre-book. The drinks are great and the bar staff will make you anything if you're not sure what you want, you can tell them what you do and don't like - they come back to you with something gorgeous.

The pools are great and pool staff can't hep you enough - constantly coming round to see if you need a drink etc.

We will definitely be back!

Room tip: Swim up room around circular pool are sunny until midday
2  Thank LBrown86