Tripadvisor
Cancun
Review Highlights
Snorkeling tour

This tour took us to 3 unique ecosystems An open cenote, a cenote cavern and an ocean inlet. This... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Mumzers
Victoria Harbour, Canada
via mobile
AWESOME TOUR!! Cenote, ATV and Tulum ruins

What a great tour! These guys are extremely nice and accommodating. We did the single ATV ride... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
W5998IEtylerc

All reviews open cenote our tour guide atv ride zip lining ricky martin tulum ruins underground cenote chichen itza plus tour amazing site cenote experience great excursion an excellent guide colonial town fear of heights the entire trip highly recommend this excursion mayan history
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

At the end of December our family and friends gathered together in the Mayan Riviera, Mexico, for my daughter’s wedding. During our stay we hired the tour company “Aventuras Mayas” to take us to Chichenitza and to a special Cenote and natural park on the second half of the day.
Our bus driver and guide arrived to pick us up in a new and comfortable air conditioner tour bus, and while he was driving to the Mayan ruins of Chichenitza (a wonder of the world) he showed us how knowledgeable he was about this extraordinary prehispánic culture by giving us a heads up of what we were going to be seeing in Chichenitza.
It is good to point out that this archeological site was packed of tourists, but out driver knew where to park and he was so efficient that he already had our tickets to get in at hand.
Our guide was an impecable driver too, who took us step by step across this amazing site. We visited the observatory where the Mayas use to observe the stars, and plan their calendar, to the site where they practiced their unique way of playing the famous Mayan Ball Game. Our guide answered all our questions efficiently and with excellent command of English.
After Chichenitza we went to an Hacienda were we did some zip lining into the waters of a pristine cenote, in the middle of a natural park. We were also able to snorkel and see the colourful fishes. When we finished having fun there a well served dinner was waiting for us. The dinner consisted of many delicious Mayan dishes.
This Hacienda is spotless clean! It’s kitchen is opened for all to see and it’s staff is very polite and welcoming.
I highly recommend Aventuras Mayas. They have many other tours to accommodate any kind of tourists. The company has also extreme sports, and other interesting excursions. Highly recommended!

Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

My husband and I went with some friends of ours and chose the ATV and cenote cavern swim. It was our first time staying in Playa del Carmen and there were lots of choices for excursion activities. Our guide was Enrique and he was very patient and kind. I would encourage those who are novice swimmers to put air in their life vests so they do not tire out treading water. I was very blessed with their patience as I was a novice ATV rider and still had a great time without slowing down the others. Thanks to our guide team!

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 1, 2020 via mobile

My family found that the tours offered by this company are worthwhile for first-time travellers to the area of Cancun-Tulum. If our extended family hadn’t booked with them, I doubt I would have paid $120/person to start. To date, we have attempted two full days of different excursions:
1. Day One
Our Snorkelling (Cenote) Adventure was well guided by Victor. Two of the three stops are in the same jungle compound, just steps apart from zip lining over freshwater. As scuba divers, we were not inspired by the brackish river/inlet marine life, but it is harboured where the tour company owns a pier along the Playa Cancun shoreline. The freshwater cave owned by Mayas was the best part of the 3-site snorkel trip.
2. Day Two
We found the combined package with Tulum archaeological site not as developed as Chichen Itza. Still, Tulum offers families a small taste of the local Mayan civilization /history. The latter tour package is ideal for thrill-seekers or those with mobility issues, who’ll get a cenote glimpse of the Mayas-owned cave (closer up than deeply sunken Hacienda Chukum). You’ll find Tulum scenic and yet not as wide to traverse as Chichen Itza grounds, where travellers tend to get lost in the woods!
Tip: Where to spend your cash is the key travel. Bring your own cell/iphone in a ziploc bag, so you can snap your own photos even in the cenote. The photo packages sold by the local company are outrageously expensive, and the photos are very poor grade/resolution. Also, bring bug repellant or rain jackets, and cash for tipping the guide. The showers and gift shop that sells hats, flip flops or sunscreen remain at the end of your trip, at the inlet if snorkeling. Any potential purchases won’t help you at the cenote (where mosquitoes thrive in the jungle)!

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed December 25, 2019

We did the Tulum ruins, cenote cavern and ATVs. Bus arrived on time morning at 8:15 am to Now Jade Resort. The jorney took 1.5 hours from the resort. Highly recommended the tour guide Ricardo Olivares.

Reviewed December 21, 2019 via mobile

I did the ATVs, cenote cavern, and the Talum ruins. The bus arrived on time. My tour guide Alfredo was awesome. The best part of the day was the ATVs, and surprisingly, the food! It was delicious. It was better than my hotel’s food! I do wish that umbrellas had been provided for the Talum trip though. I’d definitely recommend!