All reviews david guetta dance music pool party day bed coffee bar corner suite vip area amazing vacation the pool and beach area buffet restaurant higher floor all inclusive resort beach service coco bongo bali beds alfredo like royalty
Selected filters
Reviewed June 5, 2019

First of all, I REALLY wanted to like this place and I went against all of the reviews that I read and went anyways. BIG mistake.

See- let me preface this by saying that I have been to this resort before. It used to be the ME Cancun. I came with a group of friends and had a GREAT time! The food was decent but the staff was awesome. They definitely made our trip. This time, I was really looking forward to seeing what they had done to the place. I love concerts and great music- so this seemed right up my ally.

Day 1- Check in. What a joke. You are standing in the hot as hell lobby waiting atleast 45 min for your turn to check in. There has to be something they can do to get people checked in faster. It seems like everyone is just kind of taking their time. They are in no rush to get you to your room. The first person that we encountered that was unfriendly was at the receptionist desk. While checking in, I gave the gentelman our confirmation and kindly reminded him that we requested 2 double beds in our reservation. Without a second thought, he told me that my request meant nothing, and that it was just that. A request. I understand that it is a 'request', but there is a completely different way to handle that. They were able to accomodate us and all was right with the world!

-Room- we got into our room. Nothing has changed in the lower floor rooms except for the fact that they look like they have been really neglected. Pretty run down. Either way, we were in Mexico and ready to hit the pool/beach/bar. We changed into our suits and headed that way! BTW- the AC never got below 75degrees F in our room.

-Grounds- the grounds and pools looked beautiful! They did a fantastic job in the regard.

-Swim Up Bar in the Party Pool- WORST SERVICE EVER. The very first drinks we ordered were wrong and served in the most disgusting glasses ever. Just washing them dump the drinks, dip the plastic glass in the dirty soapy water is gross. Besides that, the servers at the swim up bar have got to be the rudest I have ever encountered. Look- I know they were busy, we waited patiently. It wasn't until we pulled out money that they even looked at us. Once we ordered our drinks, they took the money and left. My friends ordered 2 strawberry daiquiris (they were in the frozen machine). Upon receipt, this wasn't even close to a daiquiri. She tried waiving the bartender over to ask for something different. He waived her off and never came back. I was the winner of the deal. I ordered two beers- u can't mess that up. After being shoo'd away, it kind of dampn'd the vibe but we were still determined to have a great time.

Beach- BEAUTIFUL! I mean the sand and the water are breathtaking. This is why you come to Cancun. AND there were PLENTY of beach beds available! Which was AWESOME! We found one in a great spot on the beach and posted up! The beds were super comfortable. The ONLY complaint about the beds would be that you cannot get drink service to your bed. Or we were never offered any type of drink service any of the days we had a bed on the beach.

FOOD- THE BIGGEST DOWNFALL OF THIS PLACE. I don't remember the food being exceptional when it was the ME but it was decent. The food now, AWFUL. There are really only two restaurants that were open when we were there. The "Mexican" and the Asian inspired. The decore in both was very nice, especially the asian one. You know what wasn't nice- how painfully slow it was to get your drinks or food. Look- you are in Mexico- we weren't in a rush to get anywhere BUT I think waiting 45 min to get a SINGLE drink is RIDICULOUS. At the mexican restaurant, I had to ask 4 times for them to bring the chips and salsa. That is legit the EASIEST thing you can do. After the 4th time, I finally got up and started rumaging through their stations to see if I couldn't get the items myself. Then they decided to bring over the salsa- still had to wait another 5 min for chips. The food was BLAH at the mexican and the asian inspired didn't taste good the first time I at it, and definitely didn't taste good the second time 3 hours later when it came back up. (GROSS)

The Buffet- DONT DO IT. This looked absolutely HORRIBLE. I have been to different all inclusives all over Mexico. I have been going since I was 18 years old- Im now 34. I have never experienced food from a buffet like this. It was all a waste.

OVERALL- Mark. My. Words. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THIS RESORT. It is really a shame to see how bad this place has gotten. I wanted it to be awesome! I wanted to buy into the Ibiza hype (BTW- Ive been to Ibiza and this is a joke that they market this hotel that way!). I wanted to write a review to debunk the bad ones that I have read. I just can't. I wouldn't want anyone else to have the same type of experience that we did. To top it off- I brought a friend of mine here that had never been out of the country before and I am dissapointed that this was her first taste of mexico.. Save yourself and choose anywhere else.

PS- we've been back for 10 days and Montezuma's revenge is still in full force.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank StephAlbChi
Reviewed May 31, 2019 via mobile

From all the bad reviews I've read I couldn't agree more with what was said! All everyone asks for when they go on holiday is somewhere nice with no time to make complaints. The only nice thing in this hotel is the swimming pools the beach and the beach bar staff (delirio). Everything else is just terrible, the food, there isn't much variety not to mention on one of the days on the weekend we literally had nowhere to eat that we had no option but to go have dinner out of the hotel and pay when we had all inclusive! The staff are the rudest people I have ever come across at any hotel, i have stayed at 3 star hotels in other countries and have had much better experiences than this! The lady from the burger truck by the pool was the rudest person i came across the whole holiday! The water in the bathtub was the slowest ever took more than 3 hours to fill up, we literally went to have dinner left it running came back and it wasn't even half way, the shower water decided to go from hot to cold alone, half of the time burning us. When we brought an all inclusive package it said all concerts included, turns out that concerts are only in March and April which we got told when we got to the hotel so I dont know what concerts i paid for in my package! For the name it has of melody maker I was there from a Friday to Friday and I hear music on Saturday by the beach and then only in the bar at night that was it! Think the name doesn't really sound anything like you would here nice music and have a good time.

From all these bad things there were many more but I will tell you of the worst of them all which we leave you in shock!!!

The hotel celling everywhere on the inside from the lobby to the main restaurant was a disaster! It was full of water bubbles, cracks, different colours but not paint colours! Different dirt and ruined colours! The celling in the restaurant had water dripping right beside the food, over peoples head and in the plates, yes this happened to me I was getting food and water fell right on my head and on my partner's shirt! Not to mention on Thursday morning before leaving the hotel at 7am for a tour we walked of the lift and the celling in the lobby had collapsed and there was literally a pool of water that we had to walk over to walk out the entrance!

I can assure you this is all true and wouldn't lie about anything it was the most shocking thing I've ever assited at any hotel!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ana R
Reviewed May 31, 2019

We had both good and bad experiences with this hotel. Check in was smooth from first point of contact to escorting us to our room. A very exquisite presentation to say the least. We booked a luxury ocean front suite and thats exactly what we got until it was time to shower. We had a nice, spacious, dual his and hers shower but it wouldn't stop overflowing and spilling over to the rest of the bathroom, we had to use multiple towels to stop the overflowing. Very uncomfortable showers and water wouldn't get hot unless we ran the hot tube on the balcony. Breakfast was great but lunch and dinner was not a hit and became redundant after day 2 of the buffet. Out of the 4 restaurants that were advertised, we only ate at one due to one constantly under maintenance and the others short hours and long wait times so we were stuck with buffet food. Although we had VIP services and our wristbands showed that, we it came to adult drinks, getting top self was always a hassle. Bar locations weren't the best either, there were only 2 open at all times each day which seemed weird being that it was a holiday weekend (Memorial day weekend). They did not stock our mini bar the entire 6 days and we had to call them for more drinks, no snacks ever restocked. Cleaning services were great in our room, she came on a consistent time of our choice and when we were not in the room and returned while she was there, she still made me scan my card to get in, that was great knowing that our belongings were safe. When asked for late check out, only by one hour, we were told that was not available due to them closing that building down for the week. So long to short, room was nice, pool was nice, people were very nice and helpful. Thankful for Julio at the front desk, Ivan pool side service and Fernando at the top bar. Would we return? Probably not!

Room tip: Anything with Ocean Front
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

One week before arrival I called the hotel and requested early check in at 7am, the supervisor on the line assured me that the room would be available to check in when we arrived.
Day of arrival: Front desk staff were beyond rude and unprofessional. Our room was not available when we arrived, and we were told house keeping does not come in till 9 am and the room wont be ready till 3pm. Cecilia the supervisor had major attitude while checking us in, was very unwelcoming, was talking over me as I was explaining her that we were assured that the room would be ready. She said the only option for us to get an early check in is to upgrade the room to more expensive room which would of been additional $1000 if we wanted to check in sooner. After 3 hours of going back and forth & me telling her that I don’t feel well and that I am close to passing out she had our room available around 10am.
Signature ocean front room: The only positive aspect of this room was the view which was beautiful. Toilet was not flushing completely, the water from the faucets was pouring very slow, the shower water was going from hot to cold on its own and there was a leakage from the portable shower head that we had to fix. The bathtub took over 2 hours to fill due to the water pouring in slow. One small trash can was placed visible under the sink that would get filled quickly, we had to use additional plastic bags to fill in with trash. Right above the bed was the air conditioner unit that was leaking water on the right side of the beds dresser. There was large cockroaches in the hallway, reported this to the hotel staff and they didn’t seem to care. Housekeeping wouldn’t replace the towels, every single day we contacted them for towels. The refrigerator was not refilled & when we asked for water they would charge $5 delivery fee. Room service food after midnight was disgusting, wouldn’t give that food to a dog.
Buffet for breakfast & lunch: The food was okay but the service was horrible. When the staff at the buffet gets their tip at the beginning they provide service. Beginning of our breakfast we gave our waiter his tip, he was very attentive and would ask us every few
minutes if we were okay, the other days during breakfast and lunch the attention was not the same, till we tried again giving them a tip at the beginning and of course this is when service was provided.
Ate only at their restaurant Botanico, the food was okay, okay if you are starving and you need to eat. The service again was horrible, took them 30 minutes to approach us after we were seated to take our order for drinks and food. Wrong item off of the menu was brought to us, when we questioned the waiter her rolled he eyes walked away and brought the menu back to us slamming it on the table, asked us what is the correct order and snatched the menu off of my hand.
Service at the pool: again tipping them in the beginning = getting decent service, or else you have to literally have to try your hardest to get service such as them taking your orders, this goes for the poolside bar as well.
Food trucks by the pool: The lady working there seems beyond miserable & doesn’t seem like she enjoy her job. Took the orders with attitude and made the experience uncomfortable.
Delirio day club: This area is additional $ on weekends, to use their cabanas or beds you have to buy a bottle. We literally paid $200 for a bottle of Tequila so we can have a place to lay because the regular pool wide didn’t have beds available and at this point we didn’t care we just wanted to have an area by the pool. We ordered hookah and never got it, they told us they only have 5 hookas and all of them are taken.
The gentleman working outside were great, they were the only ones with a smile on their face and who actually cared to interact with the guests with professionalism and with the attitude wanting to help. I regret not considering all the reviews and not switching to another hotel.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pebbles0514
Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

This hotel has go down hill, since it has become Melody Maker.
On arrival they did not have the room we had paid for, so we had to change rooms in the second day.
The checkin staff are very rude.
Food is terrible.
This is not the party hotel it claims to be.
A handful of staff are great. However, the rest are terrible.
I had visited this hotel 3 times before when it was Meliá and is was Great. My first and last visit to Melody maker.
My advice is to stay well clear as it’s like the Fyre Festival. A big waste of money

3  Thank PEASPEAS