Open today: 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM

from $59.00
from $99.00
from $99.00
More Info
All reviews tamales rice pudding amazing tour guacamole mexican cooking taco these guys an amazing experience hotel zone cayetano gracias luis guide informative
Selected filters
Reviewed August 6, 2019

It was a wonderful calsss, very fun and knowledgable chef!

Def recomend trying it out when you are in the area

Date of experience: July 2019
JaviCFT, Manager at Cancun Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2019

Thanks for visiting us!

It was a pleasure sharing the kitchen with you =)

Reviewed July 23, 2019

We were amazed by this tour. We visited 4 local, authentic taco shops. These were not touristy at all, some were in side streets that you would never find unless a local showed you.
Every taco was fantastic. Mexico makes some great beers, every beer (full bottles each time) was great.
We also happened to be at a taco place when a lucho libre (wrestling) match was happening behind the building. This was really neat to experience. Really added to this food and culture tour.
Our guide Christian was very helpful, spoke perfect English, and really made this experience great.
We were driven between each stop, the van driver always put us right in front of the restaurant, and was always right in front to pick us up. Very convenient and time-saving. This tour is very safe, at no point did anyone bother us or anything. We were in safe areas, good police presence, and tour operator has ensured that every minute of your experience is safe and enjoyable.
I would highly recommend this tour for anyone who visits Cancun. This was by far our favorite activity on our vacation.
This appears to be a small local company focused on sharing REAL Mexican food and culture. Please consider this tour because this supports local people and local businesses.
None of the places we visited had air conditioning, however the van did. If you suffer in the heat, you may want to consider bringing a cooling towel to keep cool. None of the places were HOT inside but just be aware they are warm.

Date of experience: July 2019
JaviCFT, Manager at Cancun Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2019

Hello Chris,
we can't say enough thanks for such a detailed review!

You got it right we're a small company focused on sharing real Mexican and local food and culture!

Safety, comfort and of course a delicious gastronomic experience is what we offer =) it really made my day to know that you noticed about all these factors.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 17, 2019

Honestly, I was skeptical when my friend insisted on absolutely doing this Taco & Beer tour while in Cancun. But, having done it, I can ABSOLUTELY say I'd do it again! The spots that our guide took us to were definitely not in the main hotel zone, so it would have been hard to find these spots on our own. The travel to and from the tour was very comfortable: the guide was punctual to pick us up, spoke English well, and the van was spacious with AC.

The first couple of spots our guide took us to were more traditional. We started with some favorites -- bc who doesn't love some authentic tacos al pastor. Then we tried a couple more places with tacos that were a little less familiar to me. It was the third stop that our guide also introduced us to my new favorite : gringas -- tacos that are grilled with a crunchy, cheesy exterior and oh-so good deliciousness. Add some beer (or locally styled micheladas, as was my choice) and you have a match made in heaven I can't wait to go back. I'll even leave room for churros next time.

Thanks for reviewing us!

You definitely need to leave some room for the churros next time!

See you in Cancun soon!

Reviewed July 14, 2019

My wife and I are what people call "foodies". So everywhere we make an effort to find the best restaurants in town and try the local hidden gems.

This tour is the perfect combination of both! We were picked up by our guide Luis, who is a lovely native Cancuner, and our driver in an airconditioned van.

Luis helped us explore all the different local dishes, from the best tacos we have had in my life - legit Mexican style -, to delicious things that we had never tried before as "carpaccio de caracol". We had 5 different dishes on several different restaurants and my favorite was a local meat dish that Luis explained to us is the calf of the cow cooked for 12 hours - unfortunately we don't remember the name in Spanish.

Everything was fantastic, really exceeded my expectations - specially for the price. We did a similar tour in Peru a couple of years ago, which was very good, but this one is incredible, couldn't recommend more!

Hello David,

thanks for your review!

It was a pleasure having you with us.

Reviewed July 13, 2019 via mobile

Cayetano and our driver Jorge picked us up at the hotel, and we started our tour! It was only my girlfriend and I on the tour that day so we for a very personal tour experience. Cayetano took us to four local restaurants where we had a variety of tacos and beers! We saw a mariachi band perform and even got to make our own tortillas! Great way to see Cancun center in a safe and informative way! Perfect English and very friendly! Thank you very much and we would recommend this to anyone coming to Cancun, interested in food or not!

Date of experience: July 2019

Thanks for recommending us!

such great reviews encourage us to keep up with the hard work =)