“Great Argentinean Steak restaurant”
Review of Bandoneon Cancun

Bandoneon Cancun
Reserve with OpenTable
Bandoneon Cancun is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 1,111 Restaurants in Cancun
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the best area of downtown (“El Centro”), Bandoneon is a wonderfully elegant, contemporary restaurant – making it a favorite of locals, and tourists alike. Our menu is designed to satisfy everyone. Each selection is prepared with the finest ingredients and highest quality standards. A special Charcoal Grill provides the perfect flavor to our meat and fish. To complement your food, we recommend that you try one of our fine wines imported from “La Argentina”.
Reviewed May 3, 2013

It is so lovely and clean in this restaurant. The wait staff is wonderful and the food is excellent. I will order the fish next time I go

Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I enjoy exploring local custom, culture and food (yes we are foodies) when we travel so it was not uncommon for us to zero in on Bandoneon (in dwntwn Cancun about a 20 minute cab ride from the Hotel zone. ~$20 US) We went to dinner here late one night and had outstanding Argentinian "rib eye" steaks are great Argentinian wines. The wine "towers" were a real discussion point. Kind of a fusion / art nouveau type of atmosphere. V. clean, air conditioned. Traditional wait staff in vests and ties. This is the place to go to see how locals go for special dinners. The service, food and wine selection were all great! We further enjoyed our conversations with the local families about Cancun, Argentinian's in Mexico and how few Americans they really see in this restaurant. A great, off the beaten path experience. Not for families with small children.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great service, very relaxing atmosphere and great prices. Wide variety of cuts to choose from and several fish plates. Great wine menu as well. I had great service and really enjoyed myself. I recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Situated in the downtown of Cancun ...nice place...excellent food...great service.
I highly recommend it. First time this year and for sure We will go back.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Went there for my birthday with 2 friends.

This place is terrific, one of the best steaks in my life.
With that out of the way, lets start.

Decor: The decor is set somewhere between elegant and casual, nice, heavy wooden tables with good plates and adequate glassware.

On to the food:

Apps:
We shared the swordfish carpaccio which was utterly mediocre.

The Marlin Salpicon was good and by far the best of the 3 things we shared(could have used a bit more lime, but that is entirely subjective).

Wrapped provoleta was nice.

Bread is delicious by the way.

The STEAKS:
My friends have gotten a Medium Ribeye, a Medium-Rare Sirloin and I got a Medium Rare Tenderloin.

All 3 pieces were absolutely terrific, cooked to requested temperature and the steaks were actually rested, which is one of the reasons they tasted so great.

Sides: We shared the souffle potatoes and spinach and those 2 were more than enough for the 3 of us. The potatoes were amazing and the spinach was prepared just right, I loved it, even though I am not a big spinach fan.

Wines: Exclusively Argentinian and while I do realize the thinking behind it, I feel a couple of wines from different countries, like Spain would add more choices, without detracting from the overall emphasis of the list.
We had 2 bottles, a Saurus Sauvignon Blanc(a bit higher in alcohol, tropical fruit and little creaminess, overall quite tasty) and a Foster Reserva Malbec 2008 which was quite complex, supple and went very well with the food.

Dessert: We had the sampler, which was nothing to write home about. For the tiramisu, they use whipping cream which is a huge let down as I am a BIG tiramisu fan, o'well.
We had 2 other desserts which I can't remember the names of, but they were nothing special.

Do try the late harvest Pinot Noir they have, quite interesting.

Service: Amazing from start to finish, unobtrusive and attentive.

Would definitely recommend and go back.