Really, it depends on what you are looking for. I loved it but I appreciate that it could be not everyone's cup of tea. Let me write what I enjoyed and decide yourself whether it is thumbs up or down for you.
- it is a relatively small hotel. It is surrounded by massive Hiltons, Marriots and others and it is 1/10 of their sizes.
- no massive pool entertainment or anything like that. Relatively quiet and - if you ask me - less tacky.
- food to die for. Go for all inclusive as there are not restarurants nearby. Anyway, the choice and the flavours - WAY above average a 3-star hotel.
- lovely, sweet and helpful staff.
- location. 2 min away from the ferry to the island, dolphins and other attractions. 5 min taxi (or a bus) ride from the centre, clubs and restaurants. Cannot be beaten!
- it is located literally on the beach.
- many locals stay there.
- cosy, relaxed athomsphere with iguanas passing by and palm trees above your head.
- rooms vary. The first one we got was pretty scary - no lampshades, broken toilet and a tv from 1987. But hey, we asked and we got moved to a lovely, clean and modern room which would be typical for a good 3-star hotel.
- there are security guards patrolling the hotel at all times but regardless - you get a sense of needing a safety deposit. It is, however, provided by the hotel free of charge.
- the beach is relatively small.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dos Playas a 3 stars hotel is ideal for its convenient location in the famous hotel zone of Cancun. It is situated directly on the beach, next to the pier for traveling to Isla Mujeres, and in front of an Aquatic Club. It is located only 5 minutes from world class dining, many restaurants and the heart of the hotel zone and nightclubs. Dos Playas hotel features lush gardens and breezy palms for ultimate relaxation on a beachside getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelPower so you can book your Hotel Dos Playas Beach House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.