“Golf”

Riviera Cancun Golf Resort
Ranked #42 of 292 Outdoor Activities in Cancun
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We played golf here one day on our trip away from Moon Palace. Not worth it at all. Stay on property at Moon Palace, and enjoy all the ameidies of the all inclusive resort. No fun at the course. Everything ran off the fairway and into the swamp. When we got there the starter said "Welcome to the Jungle" and that is what it was. 1 positive of the place was that my son and I played the course in 3:05 because there was nobody else there!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"challenging golf course"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Have played here several times over the last few years -- it is a tight course in many places -- yet a good layout. Bring extra balls if you don't hit it straight or it is a windy day. Lots of water around the course. The staff is not very friendly but the resturant staff was excellent - as was the food. Try the gespacho soup.
The 17th and18th holes are great Jack Nicklaus design

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Jesus the golf pro is the BEST!!! My wife has been to two of his sessions once in Dec. 2012 and now in July 2013. He really went the extra mile and is a huge asset to the Riviera

1  Thank Mike R
Reviewed July 10, 2013

While staying at Club Med Cancun, I went for one round of golf at Riviera Cancun. It was a wonderful round of golf - the course isn't easy - because balls that go into the rough are gone, because it is jungle, water or both - but most of the fairways are quite wide and the course is fair. It was a very pleasant experience and I would go back again. While on the course, we saw several small alligators which was very amusing and added to the local color.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I brought my son here twice and on both occasions I really enjoyed the golf but unfortunately can't say the same about the staff.

I spent close to 1000 dollars for both trips to this golf course, although on both occasions, we were treated disgustingly with total ignorance and disrespect.

The second time being on this beaututiful course had definitely been the cutting edge in terms of the staffs disobediance towards us.

The course usually has a staff caddy which supplies drinks and snacks for golfers every couple of holes, and to our total dissatisfaction we unfortunately had to come back to the reception after the 14th hole to get water as the staff caddy was virtually nowhere to be seen after the 4th hole.

On the 4th hole we also ordered food and had only received a substandard sandwich, in which the staff member forgot to bring another sandwich that we ordered. The female staff member unabruptly wasn't sorrowful of her mistake and to take it to a next level, had not brought us the sandwich during the whole 18 holes.

On the 18th hole as we were finishing our game, we where approached by a staff member with the nametag 'javiour', who was totally and utterly unaware of any such customer service and started shouting at us both and ranting on about a situation which was totally irrelevant to our game of golf, giving threats of fining us both of $50 dollars. As we kindly asked why, we were given abslolutly no explanation whatsoever, which to be totally honest is completely disgraceful seeing we have paid a horrendous amount of money to play golf in this course in the past week.

He seemed to being making derogatory terms in Spanish towards us which my son had picked up with his limited knowledge in the language. He basically steped all over us checking the golf clubs that we had hired out and was giving us disgusted faces as if we had broke every club that we had, which we found quite comical at the time as we had the feeling that this staff member doesn't didn't like us.

I am a regular golfer and have played golf all around cancun over the years and I can honestly say that I have never experienced such ignorant and disobedient staff on a golf course in my life, not no mention back home in Ireland!! ..... I will not be back and I will be advising all my golfing friends of the kind of welcome and abuse they will get when they visit this golf course.

4  Thank Tpta1