“2 out of 10”

Frederick, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“2 out of 10”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

First they would not honor a FREE club rental from Le Blanc, second they did not offer me any practice balls but they did to another couple. The greens were maybe a 5 out of 10 (thin is a lot of places, the fairways were very thin also. Not much grass to hit off. The beverage service on this day I went was the worst. 80 degrees out, they have 2 carts girls on the course, maybe 10 groups playing on the course and we see the cart girls back to back on hole 4 and don't see anyone until hole 13 with NO water on the course. No excuses, just plain worst service. They make money selling beverages since they are not included, why wouldn't the girls be on the course selling drinks?? I got the feeling they are in financial trouble. They would not change a $100 bill for me. I bought 2 beers from their bartender and he said I'll get you change. He then came back with my change? WTF? Play the Moon if you have a choice. It's in much better shape, drinks are included and coolers on the cart!!

1 Thank curtthegolfdude

• Korean first
Westlake Village, California, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hot Golf”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Man it was HOT & HUMID! but we played on last week, 2 rounds. The course is in overall good shape. Nice fairways, greens a bit thin and recently aerated, so a bit unpredictable. This is not an all inclusive experience if you are staying at a Palace Resort so you pay for all food and drinks, including water, which my wife and I drank 4 bottles each of! You can BYO from your resort, and food as well, though the Burger and Fries where great! Cart girl is attentive but in the heat I stayed away from beer & alcohol. I swear I lost 2 pounds on Monday from the heat! Bring an extra towel, they don't always have them, which I thought was odd for a tropical course. driving range and practice facilities are average, but the range balls are ancient and suck!
We also played Moon Palace Dunes and Jungle last week and Riviera Cancun is in better shape overall. Fairways at the Moon Palace were VERY thin, making for difficult shots.

Turlock, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Extremely Beautiful course! It was a tough layout, but i found it to be a playable course! The staff was extremely friednly and the ice cold towel at the end of the round was very refreshing!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Golfing in Cancun”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We played the Riviera Cancun golf course three times while on vacation in Cancun. Fortunately, our all-inclusive resort included unlimited green fees for the course. At $165 USD a round, I doubt we would have played as many times. It's a tricky course that's very unforgiving. Bring plenty of golf balls unless you're a sharp shooter with the clubs. There's lots of trouble to get in to and no way out. Golf balls that find their way into the water are best left there because there are alligators on the course. There are also lots of boggy areas that look like they're dry. Our only complaint is the price of golf balls in the pro shop. It verges on extortion! $12/ sleeve of Noodle golf balls.

1 Thank TOtravelbugaboo
Texan in Dallas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Golf in Cancun”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

They have beautiful, well manicured golf courses, that are lots of fun. The Moon Palace offers golf, and so do other places as well. They truly cater to the tourists.

Visited August 2012