“I ll be back :-)”
Review of Haina Hostal

Haina Hostal
Ranked #13 of 149 Specialty Lodging in Cancun
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Its the first time I stay in the Hostal Haina. I made only a reservation for 2 nights, booking from Germany. When I arrived in Cancun, Haina send my a pick up service to the airport. Thank you.
I allready feel so good after the first Night in the Hostel, so I ve extended my stay for another 10 days more.
The service is excellent in Haina.
Very clean, my room was cleaned daily. Fresh sheets and towels were always there.
The Hostel is very centrally located in downtown cancun. Restaurants, Shopping Stores, Bars are located near. If you want make trips to all another destinations: the Bus Station are also within a few minutes to walk.
The Owner and the Staff are all very friendly and helpful.
Highly recommended, I ll be back again in this Hostel.

George from Germany

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Georg R

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff at the Haina Hostel were extremely friendly and helpful. They helped me find where I wanted to go and gave me detailed directions and maps. I felt safe at the hostel and the location was very close to a lot of restaurants, shops, and a great night market. It was easy to take the bus to the beach. I would definitely stay here again. It was a bargain!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank kbg116
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at this hostel and I must say that it was pleasure for me. Especially the staff was nice, friendly and very helpful. With regard to wheelchair access and to the ration of price and quality I was very satisfied.

Ludek (Czech Republic)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed here 2 times, the night that we arrived in Cancun and when we had to go back to the airport. The double-rooms were modern, simply decorated and very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpfull and there's a 24 hour front desk. The location is great: about 10 minutes walking to the busstation and the area is nice and quit. Anyway, a good option for backpackers, but also for (young) couples.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kris J
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed at Haina for one night when we flew into Cancun late in the evening (July 2012). The room we had (private) was light, simple, and airy with giant windows, and the bathroom was spotless (no warm h2O though!) The a/c worked well, and very quickly cooled down the room. The breakfast is decent, considering a lot of hostels do not provide it (just the basics - coffee and powder creme, juice, bread, rolls).

We booked our reservation online about four days before flying in. The reservation was exactly as requested/paid for. The staff is more than kind and helpful (some of the nicest and most trustworthy hostel staff we encountered throughout our two weeks in MX). The area is quiet, with a pretty garden so you feel secluded, and there are a few good restaurants within walking distance. We walked from the ADO to Haina at about 11pm, and felt safe (although we did get turned around as some streets do not have signs - printing off a map and frequently asking direction will help!) They have a secure gated system and a walled compound, and someone is at the desk 24 hours to let you in (through a buzzer). They also have a full kitchen and a community room with books, a couch, cable, and two computers (small price for internet).

Overall, a fantastic experience, and would do it again.

Room Tip: Room next to the outdoor patio very quiet - not a lot of people used it while we stayed!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2012

It’s located a 5 minutes walk from the ado bus station. It’s situated in the centre of Cancun. Near by the hostel there is this very lovely plaza where you can eat very cheap and sit between the local people. You can take the bus to the hotel zone or Puerto Juarez. The staff is very friendly en helpful. We had a private room with private bathroom. This was very big and there was a TV, hot shower, fridge and airo. The hostel is very clean and has a nice atmosphere. Also there’s a kitchen you can use, and where breakfast is served. You can choose between toast, croissants and coffee or tea, but after a period it’s always the same.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Staffs are adaptable and speak english very well,helpful to go ADObus-station from hostal, cheap a price us$11breakfast(toast+jam/butter+coffe+tea+natural.orange.juce include Dormitory Room ..near evrywhere

Room Tip: Up-stairs-side-Domitoryroom is good for womens
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo