Book In Advance

from $1,695.00
from $125.00
from $1,695.00
More Info
All reviews whale shark tour ceviche eco colors boat ride isla mujeres once in a lifetime sea sickness wet suits gentle giants motion sickness pills amazing experience amazing animals light breakfast bucket list open sea getting sick swimming with the sharks
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Took a Sailfish snorkelling trip with EcoColors on Jan 20. It was awesome. Everything was well organized. Kenneth was our primary guide and contact and was very professional, knowledgeable and helpful...there were several other crew members who made the trip a big success.

We were picked up from the ferry pier in Playa and driven to a pier in Cancun (opposite Isla Mujeras). Took a power boat about 10-15 miles out to sea...crew looked for flocks of birds to tell them where the bait balls( circular mass of thousands of sardines) maybe...and hence where the sailfish maybe...the boat would approach approx 100 yards from the bait ball and everyone jumped into the water swimming towards the bait ball...the bait ball and sailfish move so every plunge into the water would not guarantee a sailfish sighting...we just haul our butts back into the boat and search for another bait ball...repeated this about 8+ times with successful sailfish sightings about 5 or 6 times. The sailfish move very quickly...probably 15 -20 sailfish at each sighting...wahoo was also in the mix at times. Observing the bait ball was also neat...watching them form, move down deep and then back up in unison...a blue streak on the sailfish was seen when they swooped through the bait ball....definitely a great experience and tiring.

Date of experience: January 2013
1  Thank BigBird57
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I enjoyed all the plans on the tour. We visited Muyil Ruin, swam in the channel between lagoons, had lunch at a local restaurant, and snorkeled in a tranquil cenote. The tour guide , Greta, was friendly, cheerful, and knowleageable. She showed great hospitality and gave a lot of information. The bus driver Carlos was also nice and kind. I could learn a lot about the local ecosystem and history. The tour was more than I had expected.

Date of experience: December 2012
1  Thank Fumichka
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We did a private tour to Chichen Itza with EcoColors last week and our tour guide Chris was the best. He provided a lot of great information on the mayan culture and was a lot of fun! I would recommend this tour to anyone who plans on going to Chichen Itza. I will definately be booking another tour with EcoColors when I return to Mexico next year and hopefully we will be able to request to have Chris again!

Date of experience: November 2012
1  Thank Kelly31_12
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Floating in sian Chan was a new and unique experience for us. Our guide Chris did a great job. I got some great photos of some catfish in the cenotes. Do the trip

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I joined the Sian ka an and grand cenote tour. Everything was wonderful than I expected.Maya culture was very interesting. I hope everyone can have chance to know and feel the beautiful nature and culture of Maya.