“wonderful experiences”

$1,495.00*
7-Day Yucatan Eco-Adventure Tour Including Sian Ka'an and Xcaret
Ranked #48 of 287 Outdoor Activities in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: EcoColors is a sustainable tour operator located in Cancun, Mexico. We offer a wide variety of itineraries of 1 or more days which incorporate outstanding natural places,wildlife, culture and adventure in the Riviera Maya and other parts of Mexico. Some tours are operated in other parts of Central America such as Belize, Guatemala and even in Cuba. To give you an example of our activities: swimming with whale sharks, snorkeling in the second largest coral reef in the world, learning about ecotourism and exploring the most famous archaeological sites of the area are some of the fantastic things you could enjoy.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I enjoyed all the plans on the tour. We visited Muyil Ruin, swam in the channel between lagoons, had lunch at a local restaurant, and snorkeled in a tranquil cenote. The tour guide , Greta, was friendly, cheerful, and knowleageable. She showed great hospitality and gave a lot of information. The bus driver Carlos was also nice and kind. I could learn a lot about the local ecosystem and history. The tour was more than I had expected.

1  Thank Fumichka

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We did a private tour to Chichen Itza with EcoColors last week and our tour guide Chris was the best. He provided a lot of great information on the mayan culture and was a lot of fun! I would recommend this tour to anyone who plans on going to Chichen Itza. I will definately be booking another tour with EcoColors when I return to Mexico next year and hopefully we will be able to request to have Chris again!

1  Thank Kelly31_12
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Floating in sian Chan was a new and unique experience for us. Our guide Chris did a great job. I got some great photos of some catfish in the cenotes. Do the trip

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I joined the Sian ka an and grand cenote tour. Everything was wonderful than I expected.Maya culture was very interesting. I hope everyone can have chance to know and feel the beautiful nature and culture of Maya.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

This EXcursion has been so far, one of the best I’ve done, the service was great and the chance to swim next to the biggest fish in the world in his natural environment is a lifetime EXperience.

I started the trip early in the morning from Cozumel, I took the ferry at 6am and someone from the tours agency was waiting for us at the door of “Señor Frogs” just off the pier in Playa del Carmen. We were a group of 10 people, all of us coming from Cozumel to swim with the whale shark. On the ride to Cancun that took about 1 hour, our guide gave us all the details and briefing of the excursion, very important info like what distance we had to keep from the Whale shark while snorkeling, that the animals don’t eat humans only plankton or that we were going to be jumping 2 each time with the guide, make sure you hear this instructions to enjoy your tour, also make sure the agency you are traveling with gives this info very clear.

On the meeting place, located in a private marina in Puerto Juarez, very near from the hotel zone of Cancun, we found many people on different groups, I tried some fruit, pastries, coffe, juices and tea, just make sure you don’t eat too much as you may get seasick on the EXcursion as happened to 1 person on our group. Just before we boarded the boat they take a picture that you can buy at the end, the frame is very cool. Our Capitan and his staff were locals, from Isla Mujeres they said, they were very friendly and repeated some instructions that we had to follow. They made lots of emphasis on this because is an EXcursion that goes to a natural environment so every day is different, including whale shark’s behavior. It took us around 40 minutes sealing next to other boats on the Caribbean Sea to find a group of maybe 200 whale sharks or more, it was an amazing and hard to explain feeling when we arrived to the place and saw those huge fishes coming to the surface to say HI to us. We were very lucky because they told us that sometimes there is just a small group of sharks for a big amount of boats with travelers waiting to swim and snorkel with them. We jumped to the open sea two by two with the guide, important tip, if you have a wet suit bring it, if you don’t have and you are a good swimmer think about renting a wet suit at the location, this is because if you have a wet suit you don’t need to snorkel with the whale shark with a life vest, this will make easier to swim next to the whale shark when it pass next to you, I got a little bit hurt on my underarm. It is very important that you should have good physical condition to do this activity, when we jumped into the water we did it on a great position to meet the shark by the front and see him opening his mouth and eating (incredible EXperience) but after that moment we had to start swimming next to him because they keep swimming as a natural behavior, if you are in the boat you can hear the captain yelling “SWIMMM!! Come on swim, no legs, arms, ARMS!!!” swimming at shark’s speed is where you need that physical condition. While we were swimming I counted about 75 boats around us, 1 boat from the authority trying to regulate that big mass of people trying to live a great EXperience with the whale shark.

After 3 rounds of jumps our captain said the activity was over so he took out some sandwiches, sodas and fruits for everybody. Then we went to Isla Mujeres to one of the most beautiful beaches in Mexican Caribbean called “Playa Norte”, we anchored there and jump into that stunning sea while captain and crew fixed a ceviche that we all enjoyed on board after the fresh swim at the beach in Isla Mujeres. We finally arrived to the pier where some guests decided to buy their picture and our transportation was already waiting for us. I remember some of them were thinking about returning back to Cozumel at 3pm but this tour takes long time so they had to wait in Playa del Carmen for the next ferry to travel back to their hotel. I went to the GREAT 4th anniversary party at the beach club of the ME hotel

3  Thank Jonatan E