6,111 results
All reviewswasher and dryerduna sports barstudio villala isla mallfun teaminfinity poolstarwood ownersheavenly spafull kitchensteak nightmall across the streetheavenly bedpersonal conciergeoutdoor mallpool conciergeswim up bartime share
Reviewed January 6, 2011

My husband and i visited Cancun a few months back and I must say it was an amazing trip. It was our first time in Cancun but NOT our last. Upon arrival we were greeting at the front and the staff was so friendly and very genuine. We were assigned a concierge (Violette) and she was a doll, very helpful and made some great recommendations. We had 7 days for relaxation and fun! We decided to do two excursions that I would highly recommend but do them on separate days becuse they do offer a combo package but do to the driving required you waist time traveling. We visited (Explore)a high activity fun for the entire family place, offered a lunch buffet and juice/water. The Park offered zip lining, underground caves you could swim through, and even a motorized exploring vechicle you can take on a designated path. Overall a great experience....kids will love it! On our second day trip we went to Xel'ha this place was my top pick it offered food and drinks (including cocktails) you can snorkeled, swim with the dolphins, snuba, take a bike ride and checkout the wild life including large lizards and even beautiful parrots. It's basically a natural water park, very different than Explore. At the end of the day we relaxed in hammocks under the palm trees...it was great! The rest of the trip we spemt relaxing by the pool enjoying the sun and cocktails. I thought the hotel was very classy not the party seen you may expect from Cancun and that we could appreciate.

The only bad experience was on our last day. Whiling booking our excursions we were talked into scheduling a timeshare tour. We declined twice before but reconsidered when they offered us a discount and said it was NO pressure they just wanted us to see what they had to offer and get our opinion of the resort. It made sence so we agreed but at this point we only had our departure day available for the tour, we were assured that would be no problem and we would be out in less than 90. Our timeshare guide was awesome and we even discussed prices with the manager but overall it didn't make sence because we already owned with II. So after politely declining we had to do an "exit interview" and this was upstairs with Michelle (notice I only remembered the name of the person who pissed us off!!). She started off nice enough asking about our trip and asking a few rapport building questions. We answered and politely told her that we were on our way to the airport and we had already been on the tour for 2 hours. She daid ok and then proceeded to ask us question trying to make another sale pitch to us when we already declined. My husband again reminded her that we were not interested and had to get on our way. She then used the information she learned about us and made a uncalled for comment. She very rudely said " as a bank manager i certainly hope your customers are not as abrupt with you not to let you finish your offer". SHOCKED by her comment my husband replyed...."YES as a matter of fact they are when they are not interested in what I am offering, and I would Never respond they way you just did". And that was our final experience with the resort!!! Michelle really should have some training on sales and customer service. We were not on the market to buy and we declined her "revisit" offer and as current guests it's not smart to treat someone like that after they spent A LOT of money at her resort.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lv2travelphx
WLMManagement, Manager at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2011

We really appreciate you have taken the time to write such a fantastic review from our property.
We hope you had the vacation of a life time with us and come back soon to visit ud here at the Mexican Caribbean.

Best Regards,

The Westin Lagunamar Managem

Reviewed January 6, 2011

I traveled with my wife and two kids (12 and 10) to this property in Cancun for the Christmas break. We loved the location right across the street from a mall with numerous upscale restaurants (Indian, Thai, Italian, etc.). This gave us great places to eat each night including the dining facilities at the Westin.

Beach was great. Pool is huge and great. Only two tennis courts but we were able to get on them when we wanted. I'd highly recommend staying here and will likely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank realfan68

Thank you very much of a super fantastic review !!! We are so happy and pleased to know that you and your family had a great time at our property. Please come back soon to visit us it was a pleasure serving you.

The Westin Lagnamar Management Team

Reviewed January 6, 2011

This is a great place for family and kids to relax.
We stayed in a 1-bdr unit: it was spacious and very clean.
Swimming pools are fabulous and whatever problem there was with the heating must have been fixed: the upper level one is actually warmer than the lower level one. I also do not agree with the comments about the food being poor. It is more than decent and at least way above whatever you can find at any Westin in the US (and I stayed at many of them). Yes, it is expensive, but not out of line with Cancun, where absolutely everything is expensive.

A few minor issues in my mind are:
a) the sofa bed in the bedroom has a ridiculous mattress, you can actually feel every single spring when you lay down
b) check in time at 4PM is very late, particularly considering that check-out time is at 10AM
c) crossing the street to go to La Isla mall is an adventure. There is a traffic light which does not work and 4 lanes of cars that seem to be speeding up as soon as someone set their foot on the road trying to get to the other side. It reminds me of the old video game The Frogger, where a little frog tries to cross a busy street and ends up being run over by cars. There is a tragedy waiting to happen on that street.

I did attend also the sale speech, mostly for the 6,500 points. I am not the timeshare guy anyways.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2011

I stayed with my fiance and my parents were in an adjoining suite. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and the service was phenomenal. Our concierge Carlos was extremely attentive and very helpful. We were there while the hurricane was heading our way, and the staff was on top of it (though luckily, it never hit us)! I loved the infinity pool. It is huge and just gorgeous and relaxing. My favorite thing about the hotel is that no matter what room you have, you WILL have an ocean view. There is no paying extra for it. The rooms were wonderful and clean. And it is in a great location, right across from shopping and restaurants. Oh and it was not overcrowded, which was wonderful!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EAN81

Muchas Gracias (Many Thanks) for your review, we would love to host again here at Westin Lagunamar in Mexico, we are thrilled to know we have guests like you.

Best Regards

The Westin Lagunamar Management Team

Reviewed December 29, 2010

The villas are just great for the family with great kitchen and laundry facilities - especially helpful with young children. The swimming pool and beach are fantastic - great waterslides for the children. The restaurant is mediocre as this hotel is more suited to villa self cooking. We went in january and the weather was also not great with quite a bit of rainy/cool days - that is the only real complaint!!

Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank MNurse
WLMManagement, Manager at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2011

We are very pleased to know you had a great time with your family. We hope this experience with us is just one of many you will have for many year to come. Thank you again and come back soon.