6,107 results
All reviewswasher and dryerduna sports barstudio villala isla mallfun teaminfinity poolstarwood ownersheavenly spafull kitchensteak nightmall across the streetheavenly bedpersonal conciergeoutdoor mallpool conciergeswim up bartime share
Reviewed August 23, 2010

My wife and two sons (3 and 6) and I stayed there the week of Aug 15, 2010. We arrived at the hotel around 11:00am because of the flight schedule from PHL. The room was not ready yet but I kind of expected that. The lady at the front desk recommend that we return around 2:00pm. We went to the mall across the street for lunch and we returned at 1:30 the room ready. Bell services kept our bags and brought them right up to the room when it was ready. The hotel and rooms are very clean. The pools were not crowed at all and I never had a problem finding a chair close to the water. The beach was closed 3 out of the 7 days due to large waves / currents. The pool is so nice that most people do not go to the beach. The weather was perfect for the entire week with only a slight rain in the evening that would last for 15 min. I was very reluctant about going to a resort like this because we typically take the kids to Disney World for our yearly vacation but we had such a good time that we will be going back to Cancun again. I would recommend that you do your own research on restaurants in the hotel area because the ones that the hotel recommend were overpriced for the quality food and service. The best dinner we had was at Harry's Steakhouse but is was expensive. I would recommend that If you go to Isla Mujeres use the yellow UltraMar ferry. Trust me its worth the little bit of extra money. The place right next to them (with the green boats) with is a couple bucks cheaper but takes 2x's as long to get there and the boat is in terrible condition. Most people speak English including the taxi drivers so that was never a problem. Take your own taxi back to the airport because the hotel's airport transfer service made us leave 3.5 hours before our flight. It only took 35 minutes to get to the terminal. We ended up sitting there for 2.5 hours waiting for the plane with two board kids. I think they do that to get you out of the room early for the people coming in. The first day we want to Walmart as recommended by others and that was interesting to say the least. Taxi driver from hotel charged us $35 US round trip and waited for us in parking lot which worked out well. Overall it was a great trip.

2  Thank SRuch
WLMManagement, Manager at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2010

Your review was amazing !!! Thank you very much for taking the time to do this. We are glad you had the perfect getaway with your family and we wish you come back soon to you second home in the Caribbean.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 22, 2010

I've stayed at a number of Westin properties while traveling on business. I was expecting something pretty special at the Westin Lagunamar, Cancun. My wife and I were disappointed, mostly by the room we were in. The photos on the Westin website really overstate the quality of the room we were in (one bedroom condo). The shower didn't drain properly and water ran out into the bathroom. The bathtub drained very slowly and my wife had to stand in water to rinse and wash her hair. The Westin advertises free Wi-Fi in the rooms. Well, the Wi-Fi didn't work in our room; it only worked when I was in the lobby of the hotel, which was inconvenient to say the least. One of the drinking glasses in the cupboard was chipped and there were missing salad bowls.

I wrote up a list of problems and courteously shared it with the manager of the property. She seemed ready to help and I told her a good time the next day for the repairs to be made. Two hours after the time I gave her the repairs had not been made. I had to call the front desk and let them know that. My wife and I went out for awhile and when we returned to the room the repairs had finally been made.

The only compensation we received from the hotel was two free drinks. Not much considering our inconvenience and disappointment.

Cancun itself was great. We enjoyed the food, friendly people and some great scuba diving. If you're going to Cancun again, I'd be inclined to check out the Marriott or Hilton. I wouldn't stay at the Westin again unless I was convinced that they had improved their quality.

The concierge service was terrific; especially Violet, Alejandra and Sarah. Sarah even sent a little gift to our room when I mentioned that we weren't very happy about the quality of our room. She told me that the wing we were staying in was only about 6 or 7 months old. In my mind, that's no excuse for rooms not being ready for guest

I should also add that nearly all the staff at the hotel treated us very well, greeted us in a friendly manner, and were generally pleasant and helpful.

One last thought. After a good rain, the business center had a very strong smell of mildew.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank res1954

Dear Guest

First of all let us thank you for the information you are providing to us. After an extensive meeting with our team, we would like to deeply apologize for not having met your expectations the first days of your stay with us. We have gone over each of the situations you have referenced to us and immediate internal corrective actions are being put in place to avoid the situation you listed from happening again. Please come back soon so you can really experience the pleasure of stayin at Westin.

Reviewed August 19, 2010

My family and I are regular vacationers. We travel 2-3 times a year. This was our 6th time to Cancun. First time taking our kids-14,4,2. It was a very peaceful stay. Not a complaint amongst us. Other than they should sell food plans because it is overall hard to obtain food in Cancun if you don't go all inclusive. They have a great kids club, but it is hidden and not well known-they were begging me to come back because they didn't have many occupants while we were there. THey need to advertise the kid area better. We heard very little construction, even though it was present BEHIND everyone. It was a vacation and we could pay very little attention to any of that. The OCEAN drowns it out-which is what we came for. I learned one thing while I was there....most of the previous posts with complaints must have very little to do than complain. We loved it and would highly recommend it!! It is also very inexpensive to purchase a time share and very worth it as well!! They are very blunt and to the point and don't pressure you into buying. We did not buy, but would come back again. Excellent location across from La Isla-but even Mcdonald's was pricey. Chinese tae out at the airport was pricey too though!! Everyone has the same prices so eat where you want! Oh-and the beach is back to normal-half way through our week the bulldosers came down and fixed the lip in the sand down to ocean. Relax, have fun, and know that this is a great place to stay to get away!! You can't go wrong in Cancun!!

2  Thank weavfam
WLMManagement, Manager at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2010

Thank you for such a nice review, nothing makes us feel better than knowing our guests left the property feeling better than when thay arrived. Please come back to visit us soon here at your second home in the Mexican Caribbean.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 17, 2010

My wife and son and I had a great vacation. The Westin Lagunamar Resort is in a great location, and is a really nice property. We toured the Mayan ruins, explored the inside of caves, and snorkeled in cenotes. We had a great vacation in every way except one: I noticed after several days that I had developed a rash on the front of both of my thighs. My wife noticed that she had the same rash. My son, who slept on a pull-out bed, escaped the rash. The mystery rash turned out to be bedbug bites! I was beyond disappointed that Westin would not keep on top of this problem.

3  Thank VacationCrazy_10

Dear Guest,

We are thrilled to know you had a fantastic vacation with us!!! In regards to your inconvenience, we really appreciate that you took the time to write this very important feedback to us. We have spoken to our area managers and we are taking care of this problem as we speak.

Thank you again and come back soon.

Reviewed August 15, 2010

So we are actually here right now, So far, we have had to have our Air conditioner fixed, the ceiling fan replaced, the refrigerator replaced and as i sit here and type this pissed off, I am waitng for someone to come here and replace the DVD player. And the best is the guy said oh its a disk error, not the player, i somewhat rudely asked him if he wanted to watch the movie on my laptop and began playing it there. So he left and said a new player was coming - 45 minutes ago. As of right now - if you are looking for a trouble free honeymoon in Cancun, DO NOT COME HERE. But and a big but, they have fixed everything, there has to be something said for that.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Brent_G_W

Dear Guest,

We are very sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced at our property. This is very important feedback to us because it helps us give a better service to guests. If you would like to discuss this futher please call the hotel at 52+998-8914200 and ask for the management offices and we will be more than glad to assist you.

The Westin Lagunamar Management Team.