First trip to Cancun and loved it! The water and the weather were perfect. This resort has it all. Comfortable, relaxed atmosphere, good service, very nice and knowledgeable staff, and good food in the restaurant. Not many complaints here other than some minimal construction noise and the beach is a little narrow and cutoff from walking if you go left.
Business center had 6-8 computers with access to internet, spa/fitness area was great with steam room/sauna and locker room area. Pools were awesome and grills were super. There was some wind and the rip currents in front of the property can be bad so stick to the pool if you aren't a strong swimmer, in fact we saw the lifeguards pull an almost lifeless man from the water who went out too far.
Really liked the local bus system it was very reasonable to ride, the drivers didn't speak english well but understood enough to tell us when to get off. To get on was a short walk and it was cheap to go anywhere. The shopping was a good time especially at the downtown market. We first went to the closer market called Coral on the bus system and the prices were higher and there was a much better selection at the larger downtown market. You can get good deals if you barter and get a lot of items at one place. Only cab rides were to and from the airport.
Mall across the street is nice. We went to the Wal-Mart downtown on 2 different occassions and and you can get a LOT of groceries for $75-100.
Tequilla tasting up the street at the Hacinda Tequilla was set up by the resort and it was interesting and worth going to.
Took 2 side trips set up by the resort: first one to Xel-Ha and Tulum Ruins and it was a good combination and good use of a day. Tip - take your own organic sunscreen with you to Xel-Ha, we picked ours up at the mall across the street. Second side trip was a day trip to Cozumel and it was worthwhile as well. Snorkeling was fair compared to other places but the ferry ride, people, and scenery were great. Trips were reasonably priced at around $100 per person for a full-day trip with food included. I liked setting them up through the hotel as the buses came directly there and although setting it up online might have saved a few bucks the peace of mind is worth it.
I'll go back to Cancun and to Westin Lagunamar again without hesitation. If I didn't have to work for a living I'd probably be there now!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa is located on the white sandy beaches of Cancun, Mexico. Enjoy spacious one and two-bedroom villas that comfortably accommodates up to eight adults in as much as 1,140 square feet. Each villa features fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel Cancun
- Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel
- Cancun Westin