6,215 results
All reviews washer and dryer duna sports bar studio villa la isla mall fun team infinity pool starwood owners heavenly spa full kitchen steak night mall across the street heavenly bed personal concierge outdoor mall pool concierge swim up bar time share
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for one night in August.

You cant go wrong with the location and the infinity pool was amazing.

The room was nice and comfortable. However the toilet flush was not working properly.

Some of the staff were really nice others did not really respond to our questions. There was a lot of confusion about organizing out trip to the airport. We had to take a taxi in the end because they would not let us use the hotel shuttle service.

This hotel is great for kids though.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wesleytraveller
WLMManagement, Manager at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for choosing our resort for your vacation at the Caribbean,, and thank you for your feedback which is very important to us, we will share with our associates and entire staff. We hope to welcome you soon and give you a complete Westin Lagunamar Experience,
Warm Regards from Cancun

Reviewed August 23, 2014

I would have given this resort 5 stars if it wasn't for the horrible check in I experienced. I arrived at the resort about 11:30 am and checked in. I was told my room wouldn't be ready until 4:00, which was acceptable because that is check in time. However, when I went to get my room keys at 4:30 I was told the room would not be ready until 5:30. After expressing that this was unacceptable and asking for a manager they gave me a different room within five minutes.
That evening I fell on the resort grounds after having dinner. I cut my knee and they were very attentive to my wound. I expected someone from the resort to check in with me the next day to see if I was okay but no one did. I found that to be very disappointing.
On a better note the resort itself is breath taking. The rooms are beautiful and the views from our balcony of the ocean and beach were wonderful. Our concierge Louis Morales was excellent and the waiters were very attentive. All in all we had a great week. I will be returning in February 2015 with my husband

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank rose l

Dear Guest,
We would like to offer you an apology for the inconveniences of check in and knee cut you encountered during your stay. Your feedback is very important to us to improve every day, thank you for that. Please contact us to: lagunamaroceanresort@westin.com
For further assistance and next stay we ensure you and your family will have the real Westin Lagunamar experience.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

We returned yesterday from our sixth visit. We are Starwood owners and the Lagunamar is one of our home resorts. It remains top notch. The facility is beautiful and well maintained. Our room was ready when we checked in. It was clean and just as it should be.

As usual, the staff was friendly and provided excellent service. Special commendations to Eduardo, the pool concierge, who was fantastic in every way and to Claudia, or elite concierge, who did a wonderful job, always with a smile.

Poolside food and beverage service was excellent. We usually ordered lunch from them (Duna) which was very good.

We'll be back!

Room Tip: All of the rooms have an ocean view. High floors have the best views. Buildings 1, 9, 14 are closest to the ocean. Buildings 4, 5, 6 are most centrally located in relation to the lobby.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Skater741

Thank you for sharing your amazing review about your recent stay at The Westin Lagunamar, we are proud of our selves by reading this nice review and knowing that we exceeded your expectations of facilities and people as your last visit, our associates are always happy to serve you and go beyond the limits to give you a renewing and refreshing stay. We hope to welcome you back very soon!
Warm Regards,
The Westin Lagunamar Management Team.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

We asked to be close together and that's what we got. My two grown children got the two bedroom lockoff fot their family and PawPaw & and Nonna got their own space in a single.
The staff is "always" asking is there anything they can do to make your visit more enjoyable.
Take advantage of the photographers there they do great work and much less if you hired someone from outside.

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want if you make your plans well in advance you should not have a problem. Be aware of "peak times".
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank DallasGang

Dear Guest,
We are glad to know that you had a great time with us; nothing makes us happier than knowing our guests are enjoyed and had a blast and that we have met your expectations.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 22, 2014

I stayed here along with my husband and our 15 year old son over the Fourth of July weekend. The hotel lobby is fabulous! It is very clean and the view of the pools and beach through the large glass windows is breathtaking.
My only complaint is the rooms. Being a Starwood owner I hoped that we would receive one of the newer rooms- but we did not. We switched rooms three times because the musty room smell was more than we could take. Finally (on our third switch) we were placed in one of the newer buildings. Ask to be put in a building by the spa (Building 10 or 11) if you are picky like I am about how your room smells and the age of the building.
The beach is gorgeous and we had a lot of fun by the pool. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. There is also a nice "hospitality suit" that you can use if you are a Starwood Vacation Owner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the hotel spa- the buildings are newer and smell clean and fresh.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Travel_Queen12

Dear Guest!
Thank you for your nice review, we hope to welcome you in the near future and being part of your vacations for many years! Thank you for your loyalty we love all our owners comments.