$231
$396
$284
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $426/night.

Moon Palace Cancun(Cancun)
$659
6,068 results
All reviewswasher and dryerduna sports barstudio villala isla mallfun teaminfinity poolstarwood ownersheavenly spafull kitchensteak nightmall across the streetheavenly bedpersonal conciergeoutdoor mallpool conciergeswim up bartime share
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I stayed with my family there in June and the place was beautiful, we enjoyed all the pools, the incredible weather and beaches. But since the first day I noticed that the room had a sticky floor. I tought to myself it must be some cleaning product, mixed with the see breeze we received from the varanda. However, two days later, one of my daughters had eggs for breakfast and dropped a small piece of egg on the floor. As we were leaving for the beach and the cleaning lady was in the corridor, I taught to myself that I could leave this for her. When we were back, I immediatly looked for the egg piece and it was there. The towels were changed, the trash bins were empty, but the floor was still sticky. I decided to clean it myself with the products they had for the dishes and, with surprise, I found old french fries on the floor under the dinner table (but we never had french fries there!). After I had cleaned, the floor was not sticky anymore, it was nothing to do with the see breeze, it was not clean.
I noticed that a neighbour had a pepperoni pizza the night before and left the dishes with the left overs out of his door. It took an entire day to someone collect it - at 30oC! of Cancun. And someone had kicked the tray before that and there were leftovers of pepperoni all over the corridor. I decided not to complain about it and wait for the cleaning women to see them, as they were passing by there every day, but eleven days after that - when I left the hotel - the pepperoni pieces were still there. Can you believe it? This lady also always "forgot" to put the exactly number of towels for us. The only conclusion I can get to this is that they pay very little their employees, so they deliver the worst service they can without any supervision.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank MarciaCL
WLMManagement, Manager at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

We would like to thank you for taking the time to post this review; we can clearly see that you did not get the Westin Service we are used to give to all our valuable guests. At Westin Lagunamar, is priority to exceed our guest´s expectations and to solve any inconvenience as soon as is possible? We would like you to kindly e mail us to: lagunamaroceanresort@westin.com to follow up on this and to have more information about your experience.
The Westin Lagunamar Management Team

Reviewed August 16, 2014

My daughters and I just stayed here for a week, which was our first time visiting Cancun. I must first give kudos to our personal conceirge at WLR, Pedro Aguilar, who contacted me a week or so prior to our arrival with a 'welcome' email. Pedro answered all of my questions, submitted my requests, and prepared an excursion list of things we were interested in doing prior to our arrival. Once we arrived, he arranged reservations for ZipLining at Selvatica. If your interested in ZipLining, you MUST inquire about the Selvatica Company, they're awesome!! From the moment we walked in the entrance doors of WLR, we were welcomed in a very professional way.....no complaints at from me for the most part. The room was actually ready when we arrived at 2:30p on a Sunday!!! The rooms and property are well maintained!! The only complaints I would have is that a lot of the employees do not speak English well which in return they will try to avoid contact with you. It's a real inconvenient not to be able to pay for food or drinks with cash or pesos. You would have to pay with a credit card or charge to your room (if you pre-authorize a credit card during check in). Also the gas grill area would be awesome if the grills actually worked!!! I called maintenance for help twice and waited for about 30 minutes and no one showed up. I finally walked over to the Owners Lounge and asked someone if they could help me. Without hesitation, Omar Rivera was so kind to come to the grilling area to help me light the grill. Another kudos to Omar Rivera, thank you so much!! The hotel is in a great location, be sure to ask the conceirge desk for restaurant recommendations. A lot of restaurants offer some type of promo (complimentary drinks, percentage off, etc) for Westin's guest so be sure to inquire with the Conceirge desk prior to.

ATTN Westin Management, please take a moment and acknowledge the two employees that I mentioned above, they are valuable employees and are making WLR look good, especially after reading some of the other reviews on this site. Be sure to give recognition when recognition is due!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the 4th floor to have a good view of the ocean
5  Thank sthack

Thank you for sharing your amazing review about your recent stay at The Westin Lagunamar, we are proud of our selves by reading this nice review and knowing that we exceeded your expectations of facilities and people, our associates are always happy to welcome you and go beyond the limits to provide you a renewing and refreshing stay. We hope to welcome you back very soon!
Warm Regards,
The Westin Lagunamar Management Team.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

My husband and I made our third trip to the Lagunamar, we love it so much we stayed 2 weeks this time, July 6-20. The rooms are great, the view incredible. The service is 5-star all the way! We enjoyed the breakfast buffet every morning and had several dinners at the hotel restaurants. The service at the pool was outstanding and the Lagunamar employees used our names regularly. The infinity pool is just beautiful, loved the Tai Restaurant across the street too. I would like to make special mention of the following: Henry who was just an incredible person, so friendly and always had a smile. Benito was always running around to make sure he was doing all he could for us and other guests. Lomolie, Edwardo and Roberto are just fabulous with smiles and so helpful in all they could do for us. Ernesto was great to us too, always helping in all he could. Pedro, the restaurant manager was friendly and professional. Juan Jose was also hard at work to please. We had 2 Enriques...one was Enrique Zavala and I am sorry I don't remember the name of the 2nd Enrique. In general we had a great experience with all employees there, including Emma. The only tiny complaint is that they need more help in the little store, but the store does have a lot. There is a little library in the Kids Center, where you can take a book or two at no charge, I did return them before I left. Was a fabulous vacation!

Room Tip: We like building 5 best as it is an elevator ride up from check in and the store, etc The higher the better.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tngirl1132

Dear Family,
I am so excited by reading your amazing feedback, we are always happy to help you and your family to have a Westin Lagunamar experience. Nothing is more important than knowing you left the property so happy. We know you will be back soon, please contact us if you need prior information or assistance.
Saludos from Sunny Cancun

Reviewed August 16, 2014

We stayed here during the week of 8-9-14 and found it to be terrific. Cannot ask for better service - everyone was polite, efficient, and incredibly customer focused. Our 9 year old found it easy to get around and loved the pool with the slide. The ocean front is spacious and there are very few trinket peddlers. The property is very well maintained - both the villa and the public areas were very clean. The Isla Mall across the street was great for dinners and had a nice variety - Thai, Indian, Mexican, Italian, etc. No reservations really needed if you eat before 7PM. For an activity, I suggest booking XPLOR through the hotel. They take care of everything, and I was very impressed by the balance of adventure and safety at XPLOR. This resort and Cancun will be added to our places to come back to.

Room Tip: Make sure you get an ocean view in Phase II

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, nothing makes us feel better than knowing our guests left the property feeling better than when they arrived. Thank you for being part of Westin Lagunamar and for your loyalty to us. We are glad and happy to make you feel like home.
We are looking forward to welcome you soon!
Management Team

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Stayed here for a week with family in a studio. Loved having the washer and dryer and mini kitchen. The room was spacious and clean. Extremely comfortable. The pools were amazing, warm and huge! The kids loved he slide and the beach. The kids club is fantastic. This hotel is directly across the street from a large mall which has a variety of restaurants to eat at. Transportation from this hotel is so easy, you can take a cab or the city bus. We did both and both options were fine! The service is fantastic at this hotel. The one thing we had trouble with was the lunch we ate at the restaurant by the pool. The service was slow (not our servers fault, he was very nice) and the food was awful. We ordered Mexican food and it was like Mexican food from a bad Mexican restaurant in the states, seriously. Nasty. Needless to say after that we did not try the other restaurants on site. There were so many better options for food at the mall and in the surrounding area that it really wasn't a problem. We I'll stay here again!

1  Thank HeatherP7211

We would like to thank you for your comments and wonderful feedback. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and you liked our property so much. Thank you for your loyalty to Starwood Hotels and Resorts,
You will be very welcome next time if you decide to come to your second home at the Mexican Caribbean.
Be Well,