My wife and I stayed at the Westin Lagunamar for a 10-night honeymoon in June 2013. We loved it. The service is outstanding. Everyone is smiling, helpful, and courteous, and most everyone will go out of their way to help. The guys who run drinks/food back and forth to the beach are incredibly hard working, and their management runs a tight ship. We found the resort to be quite affordable relative to other properties in its class, too. If we returned to Cancun and had a similar budget, we would stay here again, without question. In many, many areas, it's hard to imagine what would be improved. In other words, it would feel like a risk to go somewhere else.
- Ask for a room with an unobstructed view. Our first room had a view obstructed by a palm tree. We relocated to a higher floor and had an amazing view of the beach.
- We weren't extremely impressed by the more expensive restaurant on the site. We found the food to be a bit bland, even on Mexican night -- but it may be because the restaurant is catering to the palates of its clientele. We ate most of our meals on the strip or -- more memorably -- in the town of Cancun. One nearby restaurant (La Destileria, which I'll review separately) is 5 minutes away and very good.
- Drinks are expensive down on the beach (American prices), and happy hour (2-for-1) comes early and goes by quickly. Not sure if you can bring your own, but I think we would try to do so next time to keep costs down.
- When we were there, WiFi was a disaster. We could NEVER properly connect. Not that we were spending time in the room browsing the internet -- we were just trying to use Skype to call home and what not. Impossible. My wife eventually found a precise spot in the lobby where it mostly worked. WiFi needs to be improved substantially to be credibly offered as a feature.
All in all, however, we loved the staff, the location, the amenities, and would not hesitate to return. An unforgettable honeymoon destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun is located directly on a white sandy beach. Our resort in Cancun, Mexico offers spacious one and two-bedroom villas that comfortably accommodate up to eight adults in as much as 1,140 square feet. Each villa features fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi, in a perfect setting in the Hotel Zone on Mexico's Costa del Sol. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel Cancun
- Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel
- Cancun Westin