We stayed from June 7-14 with our family of 5. The villas works well with our sons sleeping on the sofa bed and our 9 year old daughter sleeping on the chaise lounge. It would be kind of tight to get a rollaway bed in the room. We were in building 5 on the 5th floor. It's directly above the lobby and the Tierra Market. I was happy with the building because we had a nearly direct view of the pool and the ocean. It was also very convenient when we wanted to go out as we didn't have a long walk to the lobby. They originally wanted to put us on the 3rd floor, and I asked for a higher floor because I think the view would have been kind of obscured by the palm trees. The kitchen is very well stocked with nearly new cooking equipment, plates, cups, etc. The pool was wonderful with two different levels and a couple of whirlpools -- however, it was really too hot to use them. The staff was really attentive... I loved laying out by the pool and ordering food and drinks. These guys work hard! The pool concierge and the "fun team" were also great... making sure we had enough towels and organizing activities every hour (bags, beach soccer and volleyball, water aerobics, trivia games, etc.) The La Isla mall across the street was convenient for dining out, food and souvenirs. I'd say that the resort was showing a little wear (living room rug had some stains), but not enough to complain about. Plus, we were poolside most of the time any way and the pool is gorgeous! We did have one little glitch... the hotel ran a movie rental special in the market and it turned out that we didn't have a Blue Ray player in the room as I was led to believe by the clerk. After a couple of calls to the front desk and a couple visits from maintenance, they brought us a Blue Ray player so we could watch the movies we rented. I think that the language was a little bit of a barrier and I don't think the maintenance guy understood English very well. It got worked out in the end.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun is located directly on a white sandy beach. Our resort in Cancun, Mexico offers spacious one and two-bedroom villas that comfortably accommodate up to eight adults in as much as 1,140 square feet. Each villa features fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi, in a perfect setting in the Hotel Zone on Mexico's Costa del Sol. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel Cancun
- Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel
- Cancun Westin