The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun
$249
$337
$275
$800
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$465
$356
$269
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$800
$427
$508
$405
5,855 results
All reviewswasher and dryerduna sports barstudio villainfinity poolfun teamla isla mallstarwood ownersheavenly spafull kitchensteak nightmall across the streetheavenly bedpersonal conciergeoutdoor mallpool conciergeswim up bartime share
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This was the worst vacation experience EVER. I booked this vacation for my wife's birthday and this getaway was horrendous. I got a great deal on the package which was about $320 for 5 days/4 nights, but even at that price, it's not worth it. I spent so much on airfare that went to garbage. PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DO NOT STAY HERE.

Let's begin...
-Before arriving, the hotel said they would have a shuttle service. They had one available for $40 and there were only two of us. A normal cab ride to the airport should be $20 or no more than 250 pesos. (that is what we paid on the way back). Shuttle was 15 minutes late and dropped us off at the front of the resort, not the main entrance. When we walked in, no one helped us with our bags even thought there were 5-6 people standing around. At first, a lady came right up to me and knew who I was. I thought this was great service until all she wanted me to do was pay for the $41.50 shuttle service. I paid that and then she said that someone would check me in. 10 minutes go by...

-Finally get to a front desk person and they say that we have a personal concierge. I thought this was great, but we never met her over the entire stay. Check in was at 4 and we got there at 3. I figured the room would be ready since the resort was empty. Not the case, we finally got in our room at 6PM. I even told them I knew they were trying to get us to spend money at the bar or restaurant while we waited, but we went to the bar anyway. They kept our bags in a "safe" place. They did this with all other guests as well. While we were checking out, they kept saying the room was being cleaned to new guests. I felt bad for the new guests, it was just one of their scams.

-Maintenance. Our shower would not drain and no one came to tend to it during the entire stay. The shower would be a mini pool and it would get annoying to shower and then come out to the bathroom floor filled with water. This was definitely ruining the floor, but the staff did not care about it at all.

-Oceano bar – drinks were weak and the food was OK. I tipped them 15% during happy hour and they got upset. They would take the bill look at the tip and give a dirty and look and say something in Spanish. It was extremely rude and professional.

-sales tour – they offered us $100 for a 90 minute sales tour of the resort. This was supposed to be from 10:30-12, but actually went until 12:45 because it really starts when the representative arrives. The tour is a huge scam to buy a time share. At the end, they give you a price and make you feel extremely awkward when you say NO. The voucher they give can only be used on certain things charged to your room. I had a voucher for $200 that they said I could use on tours and activities, but when I tried to use it, they said the total did not exceed that amount and they couldn’t give me money back. I told them to apply the balance to my room bill and they could not. Instead, they said to present it at check out and I would get $200 off my bill. My bill exceeded $200 at check out, but they said some charges were NOT eligible, so I basically got $128 out of the $200 voucher and the rest went to waste. I spoke to a manager and they said there was nothing they can do. They trapped me and I figured it was worth my time to argue over the $.

This is just a few things that we were upset about. I wish I knew this earlier and would have saved my money and airfare. It’s upsetting because you spend your vacation days to get away and then end up with an experience like this. I would have never thought this would happen at a Starwood property. I am selling my starwood points and am done with this brand. Absolute GARBAGE.

Room Tip: Make sure you do a thorough inspection of the room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Mike S
WLMManagement, Manager at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry to hear of your experience and not meet your expectations, we apologize that there was no follow up on such an important matters. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly and assist. Please contact us at: lagunamaroceanresort@westin.com so we may discuss this further.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We love this hotel! The rooms are beautiful, clean, and most have fabulous views of the ocean. We were in a studio suite and had a kitchen (stocked with dishes, pans, toaster, blender, etc.), a jacuzzi tub w/ separate shower, and a washer/dryer. So, if you are planning a long trip, this hotel is really great. The pools are amazing - and huge. They even have a slide and kiddie pool area. They have a bunch of other activities on site as well - mini golf, tennis courts, a small kids park. The hotel is right across the street from a large shopping/dining complex if you want to eat/shop outside of the hotel. The onsite dining at this hotel is very expensive - we paid $45 for 2 sandwich wraps and 2 drinks and their dinner buffet, while good, is very overpriced. They do have well priced drinks during happy hour. I'd suggest eating outside the resort for dinner and stocking your fridge with groceries at the beginning of the trip.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AdligB
WLMManagement, Manager at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Guest,
In behalf all the Associates of Westin Lagunamar we would like to thank you for posting this great review, and thank you for choosing our resort while visiting our heavenly Cancún! We appreciate your recommendations and tips to the travelers and other guest.
We look forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We loved this place! Food, stuff, rooms - everything was just perfect. We needed a vacation badly and this was the place to relax and have fun. The kids loved it. Thanks so much for a great vacation! We will be back for sure.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen S
WLMManagement, Manager at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your nice review, we are happy and glad to read that you had the vacations you expected and we could contribute to that!
Please come back to visit soon! We will be happy to welcome you again.
Warm Regards from Cancún!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Westin Lagunamar and found it to be the perfect setting. Last time we were in cancun was over ten years ago so I spent hours researching the hundreds of hotels and resorts. We finally settled on Westin Lagunamar because it had the best location (right across from La Isla shopping) and best value for people like us that did not want an all-inclusive but rather the freedom to leave the resort and expire, shop, eat, etc. We couldn't have been happier with the accommodations -- the rooms are beautiful and have everything incl. kitchenette, jacuzzi tub, washer/dryer. All the views are true ocean views with private decks and comfortable furniture. The staff were great and there are several restaurants onsite -- food, drinks, service were all top notch. Only issue we had was the internet access was down for the first day but eventually resolved. Beach and pool areas are amazing. And I can't say enough about the location. We traveled up and down the hotel strip and couldn't believe how lucky we were to be staying at the Westin Lagunamar. We are already planning a return trip with the entire family...

Room Tip: The hotel resort is designed such that all rooms or villas (I believe) are ocean views. We were on the 7th floor (second from the top) and the views were AMAZING. Best tip -- check out the onsite store for snacks and any other needs at very reasonable prices.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark H

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our resort. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and you had a perfect anniversary. We enjoy creating life-long memories for our guests, and we hope to welcome you back very soon.
It is a pleasure for all of us to go beyond the limits to make your vacation a renewed and relaxing stay!! Thank you!
Warm Regards.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

had pleasure of staying at this beautiful resort last week with my best friend and her family---hotel is very clean....staff is very attentive,,is a secured property..grounds were just beautiful--oceanview with kitchenette--several pools,infinity pool and several hot tubs--hotel is close to
restaurants and has outdoor mall across the street.....the only thing i didnt like or appreciate
was the attitude of one of their concierge staff....she was rather insulting..can't remember
her name but she had told us she was from Minnesota...other than having to deal with her--rest of the concereiage staff were great....very friendly and very accomodating.......I would recommend this ressort to all my friends and family and plan to returning in the very near future

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
WLMManagement, Manager at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Guest,
The pleasure was ours to Welcoming you to our Resort. In behalf the Staff of Westin Lagunamar and Management Team we would like to thank you for your comments and wonderful feedback. We look forward to welcome you near future!

Warm Regards,