Room and View
We arrived at the hotel for check in at about 6:00 pm and were impressed by the lobby and staff that greeted us. We immediately got our room keys and went to Room 372, which is on the 7th floor in the center of the building. All rooms have an ocean view and it is a great view no matter where you are situated. The room was beautiful with two bedrooms, dark woods, and very large well- appointed bathrooms. In both baths they had a separate bathtub and extremely large shower. Could not ask for more with one exception. The balcony off the master is somewhat small and if you are with other couples, it is hard to seat more than four people. The beds were very comfortable and the kitchen is fully stocked with everything needed if you want to cook.
Pool, Beach Grounds and Bar Area
The pool is massive with a swim up bar. It is an infinity pool, so if you want to swim over and look at the ocean, it is a great view. Beach is spotless with lifeguards patrolling all the time. Some great smooth water days and some rough ones out there. Best to stay on the beach when the red flags are up, but some people chose to ignore that and we got to watch them get rescued. We found the drinks to be excellent and in the normal price range and even better during the happy hour. The grounds are beautiful with plenty of trees, grass and a great outdoor BBQ area. If you have kids, they will love the water slide that dumps into the pool and the shallow area to play.
The location is outstanding as you are pretty much in the middle of everything and walking distance to almost anything. If you want to go to the market or Wal Mart, you can jump on the R-2 bus in front and get there for 80 cents. It will drop you right in front. For your return with groceries, you will want to take a cab and that will run you about $12 for two people. There is a mall across the street with some great restaurants, especially the Italian one (don’t recall the name).
If you are with a large group, use a van driver and you will save a ton of money. We had a group of eight and found “Limburto” who was our driver. (his dad named him after the pilot Charles Limburg) He was prompt and much more reasonable than the other vans. Other vans wanted $550 for an entire day trip and Limburto charged $350, much cheaper. His number is 9981-34-9220 cab number 3968.
This is a typical Westin property with great English speaking staff and perfect service. I have been to other locations here many times and this is one of the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa is located on the white sandy beaches of Cancun, Mexico. Enjoy spacious one and two-bedroom villas that comfortably accommodates up to eight adults in as much as 1,140 square feet. Each villa features fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel Cancun
- Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel
- Cancun Westin