We are long time Starwood owners who have been to 75% of all their villa properties, including Hawaii, St. John and Harborside/Atlantis. Just returned from our fourth visit to this property and we are always happy. Views of the ocean are absolutely incredible. The beach is beautiful and the ocean is rough but FUN and well-supervised by the lifeguard. The rooms are large, comfortable, clean and well-maintained. We did have a problem with an over-worked garbage disposal and our call for assistance was answered in ten minutes. The resort and the beach is also clean and well-maintained. Have visited all three restaurants and were happy with all of them. Oceano is overpriced for dinner, pricey for breakfast, but worth it. Dunas is reasonable and a very American upscale "diner" with a family-friendly menu and ambiance. Particularly enjoyed the Viento pool bar - the swim up bar is fun, the food is actually very good and reasonably priced and the staff is really outstanding - shout out to Omar and Juan (aka Chucky). In all honesty, I think it is the people that make this resort so inviting and "homey" - from our concierge, Claudia, to the front desk manager, Hector, to the aforementioned Omar and Juan. In four stays, we have never encountered a less-than-pleasant staff member. Yes, we've encountered some mechanical difficulties over those 4 stays, but they were always fixed quickly. My main complaint is the very sketchy wifi - i really don't understand why they can't improve it (it stinks in-room as well as on the general property). I would also like to see some nightly entertainment, but i know that is not in the cards for this type of resort. Truth is, there are enough venues within a 5 minute bus ride to keep you entertained for every night of your stay. Being directly across from the mall is a huge plus too, can't beat the location. All in all, a great vacation spot with warm and welcoming people. Gracias!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa is located on the white sandy beaches of Cancun, Mexico. Enjoy spacious one and two-bedroom villas that comfortably accommodates up to eight adults in as much as 1,140 square feet. Each villa features fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel Cancun
- Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel
- Cancun Westin