We just returned from a wonderful stay in Cancun, enjoying our stay at the Westin very much. Almost every staff member we encountered was very helpful and friendly although sometimes service was slow - or the person simply didn't know how to go about solving a problem. The common areas of the hotel and pool are kept very clean and fresh in appearance, even with considerable traffic each day. I saw service people cleaning those areas, inconspicuously, very often. Beach towels are easy to get and refresh as needed. There is a nice area to rinse off sand from the beach - one for just the feet and another to shower off the ocean salt water. Lounge chairs and umbrella/cabanas are at both the pool and the beach. Beware, however - you must put a towel out by 7am on busy days or you won't find a lounge chair. Towels on unoccupied chairs are not removed, contrary to what the Westin publishes. The business center offers free and reliable internet access and a free printer; this is nice as wifi in the rooms is unreliable. The location is wonderful - the ocean is amazing and there are restaurants and shopping just across the street.
Our studio room was very comfortable and the view from our balcony simply outstanding. While I had been hoping for a different building, it appears that any room on floor 3 or higher probably has a beautiful view! We used the ice from the ice maker, but did not drink any water at the resort (personal choice to use bottled, just in case)
Room to grow: Westins assign guests a "personal concierge" - our concierge never contacted us during our stay and our attempts to contact him with our questions were never successful. We sought out others who helped us, but this was unusual for a Westin property to drop the ball . Our bathroom was noticeably unclean upon arrival and housekeeping didn't offer a solution, such as 'we'll come up and clean it now.' We had to ask for a cleaning, which we were told would be the next day. The next day, we checked and were told it wasn't our day for a cleaning; clearly our problem hadn't been notated. It took several calls on Day 2 for the bathroom to be cleaned. Things happen, but not to get a faster response on such a critical area in our room was very disappointing and quite frankly, but an initial damper on our stay. Finally, our sofa had some stains on it, small but pretty noticeable. Wear and tear happens, but again, this is not what we usually see when staying at a Westin property.
I would definitely stay at this property again! None of the "need for improvements" were so serious to cause me not to recommend this property to others. However, I do see a need for further oversight and training by management to boost up some areas of customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa is located on the white sandy beaches of Cancun, Mexico. Enjoy spacious one and two-bedroom villas that comfortably accommodates up to eight adults in as much as 1,140 square feet. Each villa features fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel Cancun
- Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel
- Cancun Westin