if your a family with kids or want a laid back atmosphere then book your stay at the westin lagunmar..known for the heavenly beds and showers this westin will not let you down..with a location that allows you to get around cancun with ease..
the check in is not till 4pm..its there rule and dont be dissapointed if you arrive at noon...they will not make exception..even if the hotel is 20% full...this was my scenerio and we traveled with 6 month and 3 year old....and here are a few little tips that may help you..
*set up transportation with the hotel..its very easy to do and they give you step by step instructions once you arrive in cancun...but be sure to arrange your transportation back to the airport 24 hrs before you check out...i failed to do this and a taxi cost me about $28 more to take family back to airport...
*if you like to lounge by the pool everyday move around...each pools have different lunch menus..so try them both
*pack a soft cooler or just buy one at walmart for $7...take anything you want but glass to the pool in your cooler everyday...if not take advantage of the daily happy hours the hotel has to offer..3pm to 4pm at the pool and 6pm to 8pm at the sports bar...
*USE THE PUBLIC BUS SYSTEM..ITS 8 PESOS AND VERY EASY TO GET AROUND...take the bus to WALMART its 20 mins away for 8 pesos..load up on beer, liquor, and groceries..then take a cab back for $12..so buy all you want...
*PARENTS...pack the DVDs..there are two kid channels, but both are in spanish...but there are two dvd players in each room with flat screens...very easy to use..
*also pack laundry pods and less clothes..washer and dryer work great..
*hotel has a photo service on property..its free of charge for photo shoot but $10 per pic if you choose to purchase..no pressure..they did an amazing job...(cash only)
*if you want to souvenir shop..MARKET 28...we tried others, but MARKET 28...the best
*RELAX..when you ask for the bill in mexico..it may take up to 20 mins to get it..cant figure it out..dont get upset...i told you so..your on vacation...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa is located on the white sandy beaches of Cancun, Mexico. Enjoy spacious one and two-bedroom villas that comfortably accommodates up to eight adults in as much as 1,140 square feet. Each villa features fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Vacatia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel Cancun
- Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel
- Cancun Westin