We have stayed at many timeshare resorts but this felt more like a hotel than a timeshare. At no time did we feel pressured to listen to the presentation. Definetly stop by the concierge & get your discount card for the restaurants. We usually skip this step because we don't want to be pressured into the presentation but they didn't do that at all. The staff was very friendly everywhere we went. Robert at Viento was friendly & offered us suggesions of what to drink. Rebeca at Duna Sports Bar was always cheerful & friendly. The staff at the breakfast buffet remembered our names on day 2. The pools were very clean but unfortunately one o the infinity pools didn't work all week, they were working on it every night though. The putt-putt course was fun & free for owners/exchange. The location was great with the mall across the street with a variety of restaurants there. We took the bus to Bubba Gump one evening but walked back after we realized how close it actually was. The restaurants at the resort were good, however food & drinks were overpriced. The best value was at Duna. We took advantage of the "2 for 1" happy hours at both Viento & Duna. The beach was beautiful & we walked quite a ways in both directions. We felt safe at all times at the resort, on the beach & our trips to the mall. Robert at Viento was very friendly and offered us suggestions on drinks. Rebeca at Duna was cheerful & treated us great. The breakfast buffet staff rememberd our names on day 2. All of the staff were phenomenal and pleasant, smiling & speaking to us everywhere we went. Even the construction workers would smile & say hola. We requested a room up high and we were on the 6th floor (our of 7). We were in one of the connectors between 2 buildings and had a beautiful view of the lagoon & the beach & ocean. The rooms are clean and spacious. We had a studio & I enjoyed the fridge, stove & washer & dryer (didn't bring home any dirty clothes). The "Heavenly Bed" isn't as comfortable as we're used to & we only had a queen. All in all, we had a great week & would go back again next week if we could!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa is located on the white sandy beaches of Cancun, Mexico. Enjoy spacious one and two-bedroom villas that comfortably accommodates up to eight adults in as much as 1,140 square feet. Each villa features fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Vacatia, Agoda, Jetsetter and Reservation Counter so you can book your The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel Cancun
- Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel
- Cancun Westin