We were at the Lagunamar last November when the original building was undergoing significant renovations and the new building next door was a hard hat zone. I would rate the hotel 5 stars if there was no construction.
My wife and I are experienced travelers, with 7 trips to Mexico and more than 15 trips to the Caribbean. We had read many TripAdvisor reviews about the hotel before we went, and the one bedroom suite was even larger than we expected. The room was immaculate, and the large kitchen area was handy for making coffee, drinks, etc. The kitchen was fully equipped if you chose to make your own meals, but we preferred to check out the local dining options. Every room in this hotel has a magnificent ocean view. The pool is also large, with an infinity edge. There are two large hot tubs on either side of the pool, where people tended to congregate as the sun was setting. There were plenty of lounge chairs around the pool and beach, and it was easy to find either sun or shade as you preferred.
We found a number of very good places to eat within a short walk of the hotel, and the bus into town stopped directly in front. Our concierge was very helpful in suggesting local restaurants and giving us discount coupons. The only food we ordered from the hotel was guacamole and chips by the pool. The guacamole was so good my wife insisted on ordering this every day. I found the pool service to be prompt, except during happy hour when it could be very slow. Most of the drinks from the bar were way too sweet for our taste.
The Lagunamar is an excellent option for those who want to stay in the hotel zone and don't want an all-inclusive resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun is located directly on a white sandy beach. Our resort in Cancun, Mexico offers spacious one and two-bedroom villas that comfortably accommodate up to eight adults in as much as 1,140 square feet. Each villa features fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi, in a perfect setting in the Hotel Zone on Mexico's Costa del Sol. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TravelUp, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel Cancun
- Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel
- Cancun Westin