The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa
GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, California
“Great!”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Really really good hotel, great location in front of the ISLA! GReat rooms, good service, good beds, lovely bathroom! Amazing sea views!!!! Definitely worth staying again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mark T
, Manager at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for such a nice review, nothing makes us feel better than knowing our guests left the property feeling better than when thay arrived. Please come back to visit us soon here at your second home in the Mexican Caribbean.

Best Regards,

The Westin Lagunamar Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,763)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stay in a 2 bdrm villa bldg 6, for 7 days (May 27-June 3, 2013). The room was very nice. I wish they had ovens in the room. When I arrived, there was a dirty facetown above my showerhead, but since it wasnt touching the water, I left it there my entire stay. The lock to my balcony door was broken but not a big deal since I kept all valuables in the safe.

Overall, the resort was nice. The pool was huge and I never felt crowded. The seats directly in front of the pool were always taken, but I felt ok sitting in the shad on the second leavel of seating. I didn't purchase food from the patio grill. The drink were very expensive and not all that good. i could have saved that money.

The resort gladly exchanged US $$ for pesos and everyone was helpful in providing directions and dinner reservations. The mexican buffet was very good...

I would definately visit again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank lora0413
DearGuest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our resort. It is very important to us that you take home memories that you will never forget. We hope to see you again very soon to enjoy another Westin experience.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 7, 2012

resort itself is so beautiful and have the best location, pool and beyond clean but don't expect service you are litterally on your own. we stayed 6 nights and had to change our room 3 times no cleaning people showed up so finally i got really upset then they upgraded us to a nice suite which was too good and after that they were checking on us everyday. Felipe at the pool bar is best and Omar at front desk and brenda at concerige. i will go there again due to location clean pools and the infinity pool

Room Tip: pick 6th or above floor 2nd 3rd 4th or 5th hardly get ocean view
2 Thank ag7228
Thank you for your feedback. The service you received is certainly not indicative of what we want to provide to each of our valuable guests. We would be delighted to welcome you back so you may experience our true and renewing Westin service. Please contact the Executive Office directly (lagunamaroceanresort@westin.com) for future reservation requests.
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I booked this trip thinking it was going to be a relaxing vacation. I was dead wrong. We arrived around 2pm and thought we could check in by 4 pm. We actually didn't check in til 4:30 pm because our room was still not ready. Not sure what took so long for the room to be ready but they seemed very unorganized. This was a huge waste of time waiting around for our room considering we were only staying here for 4 days. Second there is supposed to be "free internet" but heres the catch. There's no working wifi, this was a huge inconvenience. Overall the service is average and don't expect to be pampered. This hotel is more geared towards selling and making money versus actually pleasing its customers. I would not recommend this hotel for the amount of money they expect you to dish out. I will not be returning.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anonomous P
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed 11 days at this wonderful resort. The location is splendid, in front of the La Isla Mall. You have time to enjoy the resort and visit some incredible restaurants in the Mall. The treasure of the hotel is the people: thanks to the incredible smile, kindness and talent of Marilu at the front desk, Erik and Hector with their splendid reception and talent when giving us the room, and Eduardo at the concierge. The team of the concierge are great for unique advices about restaurantes and tours. My stay at WESTIN LAGUNAMAR was like paradise. THANK YOU TO ALL THE PEOPLE OF THIS WONDERFUL HOTEL that made our stay unforgettable. May God bless you all!!!! I will be back indeed!!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are with great view but I prefer in higher floors.
VA
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This was our second time staying at the Lagunamar and we are now owners at the resort. Both times we had a great experience. We went the last week of May and had a 2 bedroom lock-off, but were not pleased with it since it was facing the new construction. We talked to management, Eric I believe, and were moved the next day to the 8th floor end unit facing the ocean for the remainder of our stay. We believe this was the best view at the resort. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank barefootVA
Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I was a bit worried about our stay based on some reviews; however, apparently there is an older Westin and then the Westin Lagunamar. Westin Lagunamar was a wonderful resort that had everything you could possibly need. There is a water slide that kept my kids busy so my husband and I could actually relax. With a market and two restaurants at the resort there is no reason to leave. There is a mall directly across the street and two others within walking distance. I would definitely go back.

1 Thank Lindsey W