We stayed at the Westin Lagunamar the first week of December of this year (2011).
Check in was a breeze but they stay to the 4:00 check in to a tee. We were there approx. 2:30 and had to wait for the room, although it did not seem like the resort was full. We booked a studio room and was happy with the layout. When we booked it, we knew that there was construction going on at the hotel and we ended up overlooking the newly being constrcuted phase, and although we did have a good oceon view it was a bit annoying to wake up to the workers outside. It was queit in the room and never heard them work it was juts having breakfast on the balcony that was affected. Here is a pet peeve of mine, hotels are rarely 100% booked and for a hotel like this that does not have any walk ins, always have better romms available. Why not comp a good room. It costs nothing and ensures that the quests get more than what they expected and if you want to impress a new customer that is a great way to do it. Either a studio not overlooking the construction or a 1 bedroom would have gone a long way to a better stay. Especially one that is hoping to sell you a time share.
As for the time share, I was skeptical when they wanted us to meet the concierge, that this was the first step to the timeshare sale. It was far from that, this was a true concierge, she was great. She gave us lots of local info and recomended a coupe of great restauraunts. She did mention the timeshare presentation and since we are owners at another tiemshare company we decided to go to see what they have to offer. We met with Jimmy and Fred and they were both very professional in their presentation, probably more so than any other we have met. The Westin program is a great one and we were disapointed that we had already purchase one from somewhere else, because we may have purchased one. I would recomend to go.
The room was good, with a galley kitchen and a great oven/microwave. We bought some food and wine at the Walmart in Cancun and had some great meals on our baclony.
The pools are amazing, a bit cool but they both are really very nice. The only issue was that the hot tubs are not very hot, this was a bit of a disapointment.
We did not eat or drink at the hotel, we found it a bit pricey and there are too many good other choices in the area.
The location is great, it is across from the Isla Shopping center, walking distance to some great restauraunts, I can recomend 2 that we realy enjoyed an they were the Hacienda Sisal and La Habicheula Sunset.
All in all it was a great hotel and great vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa is located on the white sandy beaches of Cancun, Mexico. Enjoy spacious one and two-bedroom villas that comfortably accommodates up to eight adults in as much as 1,140 square feet. Each villa features fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel Cancun
- Westin Lagunamar Ocean Hotel
- Cancun Westin