“Tulum Ruins and Tankah Park Eco-Adventure Tour was amazing!”
Review of Gray Line Tours

Ranked #30 of 164 Transportation in Cancun
More attraction details
Owner description: Gray Line Cancun is wholly owned and operated by Mayaland, Mexico’s Tourism Pioneer and a family enterprise since 1921. Born in Chichen Itza, we provide the best tours and experiences in the land of the Maya, offering a wide variety of sightseeing experiences, day tours, tailor-made vacation packages & travel related services. Gray Line Cancun is honored to have Gray Line’s Blue Diamond, guaranteeing the highest level of care, professionalism and dedication that has made the creator of sightseeing experiences the planet's largest sightseeing company, serving travelers for over 100 years.
Reviewed September 23, 2017

Our driver was Luis and our guide was Rosendo. We went during Sept. 2017 as part of my brother's destination wedding celebration. They picked our group of 15 up at our hotel at 8am and had an ice chest that we filled with water and beer from the hotel. We went to the ruins first and it was an amazing and quite educational tour led by Rosendo. Rosendo is Mayan which made the whole experience much more meaningful. We then stopped and shopped a while at the entrance of the park and then loaded back on the bus to go to Tankah Park. This is nothing like Xcadet. The park is run by a family of Mayans that cook for you at the end of the day. You are greeted with water and fresh fruit as soon as you get off the bus. They offer goggle/snorkels for $5. Then you follow a dirt trail loop that has 4 cenotes, each with a unique aspect. The first is a small zip line that you can fall into the water from. The second one is called Piranha because it has a lot of small fish that try and nibble of the dead skin from your body(they are harmless and really don't bother you if your are swimming and moving). There is a low cave ceiling that covers part of it that a small number of bats inhabit. The next is the largest cenote that has the huge zipline across. There are also all kids of hammocks that you can rest in. The last cenote is called Blue and is beautiful. Each cenote has lockers and sitting areas. You are requires to shower before you enter the cenotes because they don't allow you to wear any chemicals on your body when swimming in the cenotes to keep it clean and in its natural state. I would advise that you bring a natural bug repellent because there are a lot of mosquitos. Also wear river shoes with thick soles as the dirt road is quite rocky. You will need your own towels as well. The last part of the tour is an out door lunch cooked by the village that was delicious! They served chicken and pork cooked over a wood fire, beans, rice, fresh veggies, home made tortillas, salsa, and guacamole. Such a great time!!! A quiet, rustic, and uncrowded change from Xcadet.

CSGrayLine, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Gray Line Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Thanks for your review dear traveler! We appreciate all your great comments and tips about our trip to Tankah that will be very useful for our traveler community. We hope to have the opportunity to serve once again on a new trip to México.

All reviews
"bottled water"
in 11 reviews
"ik kil cenote"
in 7 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 7 reviews
"great service"
in 21 reviews
"cancun airport"
in 19 reviews
"playa del carmen"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I booked a small group tour with entrance to Chichen Itza and the nearby Cenote included as well as a buffet lunch.

We both thought it was good value for money. The driver, Albert, was excellent and provided much needed water. The tour of Chichen Itza was conducted by Carlos who spoke excellent English and was extremely knowledgeable. The only down side was that we were in a mixed language group and as he had to repeat himself in both English and Spanish the tour took over two hours in the sweltering heat! That said it was still a good tour. After lunch which was a reasonable buffet (beverages not included in price) we were taken to the Cenote for a quick dip - really enjoyable after a hot morning in the sun.
It is a long drive from Cancun to Chichen Itza (approx 2.25 hours) but well worth it. Our tour provided hotel pick up and drop off which was ideal. Thanks again to Albert and Carlos.

Dear Traveler:

We appreciate your great comments and tips about our services. Thanks for your great review and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you on board once again.

Reviewed September 22, 2017

This was by far the worst tour company we used in Mexico over a two-week period. We took 5 tours, and this was the only one by Gray Line... to Chichen Itza and Ik-Kil Cenote.

Wow, we wish we had just gone on our own instead! We already had a car anyway, so the only reason we took this tour was because we wanted a tour guide and company.

THE TOUR GUIDE: Boring, non-engaging and it felt to all of us that he was just selling some real estate instead of making the trip interesting for tourists. His English was very good, however the translation was lacking (I speak both English and Spanish fluently, and it was obvious that he was translating less to English than what he was explaining in Spanish - even the non-Spanish speakers noticed something was strange). I pointed this out and he improved a little bit.

LUNCH: Awful touristy lunch in a hotel buffet. The worst meal out of two weeks in Mexico... I would rather save the $5 they probably paid for the buffet, and eat a sandwich. Pizzas and pasta, which were awful... And the only Mexican food they served was low quality (the beef was full of fat, the pork and chicken were awful) and all was full of flies everywhere. Really, they could have made an effort (the Mayaland Hotel).

THE DRIVER: His name was Hector. He dropped us off at the Ik-Kil Cenote after the Chichen Itza tour, and gave us 80 minutes to bathe in the Cenote, which was nice as we wanted to spend at least an hour there. However, he was 1 hour late picking us up from the parking lot! We wasted an hour waiting in the empty parking lot, wondering whether maybe he forgot about us... Perhaps an accident or something else happened. Well, not a peep from him... Not even an "I'm sorry"... He just opened the door, and when I complained and said he was an hour late he didn't even look apologetic. He just stood there, waiting for us to get in and go. We missed our dinner reservations at an exclusive restaurant in Tulum (the only exclusive restaurant there) and had to leave the next morning so we couldn't re-book for another night.

A complete waste of 13 hours... Also, they didn't pick us up at the hotel so we had to make our way to the bus station instead... Which was fine, except that they would have just driven the additional 10 minutes to pick us up at the hotel strip where we were staying, since it was a small van that picked us up and not a massive bus... which I understand would have had problems turning around in the narrow streets. We spent 6 hours in the bus in total, so an extra 10 minutes to pick up guests in the popular hotel strip doesn't sound so far-fetched that they couldn't do it.

Dear Traveler:

Thanks for share your experience and we apologize for all the inconveniences during your trip with us. Please, send us an email to customerservice@mayalandresorts.com to help you with your situation.

Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

I booked the Early Uxmal birding tour with Greyline via phone. Greyline transferred me to Roberto Chuc at Mayaland Tours. I received a confirmation voucher stating that my Mayaland ride will arrive at my hotel at 05:00. As an experienced traveler, I asked for the driver's cell phone number so that I may call at 04:45 on the tour date. Mayaland Tours requested that I contact them one day before my tour to confirm all details. I would then be given the driver's phone number. I did call Mayaland two days prior to my tour and again one day prior to my tour. No cell number was received.
Today is tour day. I set my alarm for 04:00 and waited outside my hotel at 04:50. I waited for over ONE HOUR. I emailed Mayaland Tours. I then called Mayaland Tours. I was informed by Chuc that the driver, "fell asleep." A driver did arrive after 06:00. The driver informed me that he, "had a flat tire." It is obvious that somebody was lying.
I asked a full refund. Mayaland stated they would refund the tour. We shall see.

The Merida hotel staff were surprised to see me at breakfast this am. I told them about the driver's very late arrival and the blatant lies. Staff at this nice Merida hotel informed me that many tourists have complained to them about Mayaland Tours. Btw...I did have a great birding tour with Valladolid-basedYucatan Jay Tours.

For any person considering a tour based in Merida, From my experience this am, and from Merida hotel staff reports, I would highly suggest you do NOT book with Mayaland Tours.

3  Thank Glenn S

Dear Traveler:

We apologize for this situation during your stay in Mérida. We are sorry for not having met all your expectations. Our first goal is to provide unforgettable experiences to all our visitors and travelers. Please, send us an email with all the details about your reservation with us to customerservice@mayaland.com so we can help you.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

We booked a small group light and sound tour which started with pickup from Cancun hotel at a reasonable hour of 9:30am by our driver for the day Antonio.
We spent an hour at Ik-Kil Cenote for a swim and then buffet lunch at the Mayaland hotel. We we're met by our fantastic guide Rosendo who guided us round the Chichen Itza site. As a native Mayan speaker, as well as a good command of Spanish, English and some Russian thrown in, he really added depth and colour to the explanation of the site.
After the tour we had the planetarium experience and then access to the hospitality suite for an hour and half to refresh and eat the packed dinner.
The last part of the trip we reentered the Chichen Itza site to view the buildings lit up at night followed by an impressive light show.
It was a long day (we got back to Cancun at midnight) but Rosendo and Antonio looked after us well, kept us hydrated and entertained.
Well worth the trip

Thanks for such an incredible review dear traveler! All your great comments about our services and most of all, about our staff members; Rosendo and Antonio will be very useful for our entire community. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to the Mayan World on a new trip to México.

Gray Line Tours.