“Tulum Express Tour”

Book In Advance
More Info
$49.00*
and up
Full-Day Guided Tour of Chichen Itza Mayan Archaeological Site and Cenote...
More Info
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“Tulum Express Tour”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I booked this tour after doing a Google search for express tours to Tulum. The reason I wanted a shorter tour was because I did not have a lot of time to spend at Tulum. I was visiting the area with my mother and she is not able to walk a lot, so she stayed at the hotel while I took the tour.
With that said, it was exactly as it appears in the website. They picked me up at my hotel at 8:30 am. We made one more stop at a nearby hotel to pick up a few more people and we were on our way. We arrived just before 10 am to Tulum. There is a train/trolley that you can opt to take to the entrance rather than walk. There is a fee for this but it was included in our tour so everyone opted to use it. We had a full one hour guided tour which explained a lot about the history and culture of the area and some of the meaning of the buildings. It was all very interesting and went at a good pace. Then we had one and a half hours of free time. You can walk around the grounds more, go down to the beach, or take the train/trolley back up to the entrance where there is an outdoor shopping center and places to eat/drink. We left promptly at 12:30 pm for our return trip. I was back to my hotel just after 2 pm.
One additional note: it was still very warm there in September, moreso from humidity rather than actual high temperatures. There is a bit of a breeze, but it doesn't help that much. So be prepared!
I would recommend this tour if for whatever reason you do not have a lot of time to spare but still want to visit Tulum. Also, as a solo traveler, I was a bit apprehensive but it was quite enjoyable and delivered as promised. No worries.

Visited September 2011
16 Thank slt50

Denver, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Wouldn't do it again for the price”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We took our 5 year old to do the ATV Jungle expedition while on vacation. We paid $99 each - almost $300. Our son loved the zip lines and the guides did a good job with him on the zip lines. The ATV ride was fun and the cenote was refreshing.

The things I was upset about was the fact that there was no "light lunch served" and no "bottled water" for us like the tour stated on-line. This tour picked us up at 12:30 and we weren't dropped off until after 6pm - needless to say my little one and my husband and I were starved! There were drinks and I think some chips available for purchase :( Luckily, I'd packed my son some cookies and that held him until we could get him dinner.

The camera that they were using for our photo's was not a very good camera. There weren't any pictures of us (I really wanted one of my son on the zip lines) that weren't blurry or that didn't have anyone else in the picture.

After the tour, our guides were a little pushy in asking for tips - which we did do.

Our van driver was kind enough to take us to a different ferry dock when the one we were picked up at didn't have any more ferry's leaving that evening.

I don't think our son should have been charged the full amount as an adult - and I don't think $300 was way too much for this tour - especially, with NO lunch and drinks.

Visited August 2011
3 Thank EugeneandKatie
Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“really great tours”
Reviewed March 27, 2011

We just got back from our trip and are still talking about the excursions with this tour. The guide was super friendly and very knowledgeable. The food was great (and not a buffet!). The zoo was not something I was excited about going to but I was so wrong! I only wished we had our daughter with us to enjoy the experience. I would highly recommend it!
FYI - Make sure you have the correct departure information. The vouchers we printed off before we went had the wrong meeting location. (we did not purchase the tour directly from the tour company)

Visited January 2011
2 Thank MichaeldanEvian
Alberta, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Chichen Itza - Sky Luxury!!”
Reviewed December 9, 2010

We went to Chichen Itza on Mon Dec 6th.
I booked with Cancun Fun Tours after receiving a discount by booking my airport shuttle with Cancun Shuttle.

We have 3 children, 10, 8 & 3 so we wanted something that would be a bit better for them!

WE decided on the sky luxury tour. There was a light breakfast included (coffee, sweet roll and fruit).
On the drive one of the guides talked about what we would see and gave us some interesting info.
We drove through some very interesting towns. Such beauty.
We stopped to use the bathroom - and there was a convenience store....
Then we continued on to Chichen Itza.

PERSONALLY, I would have preferred to go off on my own at CI...but we stayed with the group. I didn't get to hear too much of the tour because I was busy with my 3 year old.

At CI, there are people approaching you constantly to buy from them. Just say no, thank you...and they will leave you alone.
We brought "goodie bags" and gave them to the kids selling stuff. They were sooo appreciative.

After CI we went to Ik-kil cenote...it was neat but I wasn't overly impressed.

Long story short...I would totally recommend Cancun Fun Tours!!!

4 Thank NatSchiebs
New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Chichen Itza Plus Tour”
Reviewed April 2, 2010

My boyfriend and I recently went to Riviera Maya and decided to visit Chichen Itza. After trying to decide which tour company to use, we finally settled on Cancun Fun Tours and I am so glad we did! Booking the tour was very easy and we received a confirmation notice rather quickly. On the day of our tour we met in the lobby of our hotel and our transportation arrived right on time. During the two hour bus trip to the ruins we received complementary coffee, orange juice, and the most delicious sweet rolls I have ever had. We were allowed to eat like 5 and most people did because they were so good!. We also watched a short movie about the ruins once we were about 45 minutes away from our destination. The first stop, Ik Kil Cenote was one of the most awesome things I have ever done and I would highly recommend doing a tour that includes this. I would recommend bringing your bathing suit because even if you don't think you will want to swim, once you get there you will change your mind! We got an hour to swim in the Cenote and to do whatever else we wanted and then we moved on to lunch. The restaurant was only 5 minutes from the Cenote, and also only 5 minutes from Chichen Itza which was convenient. I thought the food was very good and we had entertainment of Mayan men and women doing traditional dances which was awesome. After an hour for lunch we got back on the bus and headed to Chichen Itza! I know a lot of people complain that it is a very long day and they wish they had spent less time at Ik Kil and lunch but I think it was all completely worth it and the time really does fly by. Our last and most important top of the day was Chichen Itza and it was amazing and definitely worth the money! While we were there it did become frustrating having to avoid the hundreds of souvenir vendors, but our tour guide made sure to let us know who is using the money they make to feed their families and who we should avoid which was very helpful. What made this experience so amazing was our tour guide, Alfonso. If you can request a tour guide I would definitely recommend him! He provided us with so much information, always tried to keep us out of the hot sun, and was so funny and friendly! Even our bus driver and Alfonso's assistant Oscar were friendly! I could not say enough about how much I enjoyed this tour, so if you are in Mexico do it and book through Cancun Fun Tours because it is really worth the money!

7 Thank travelbug1224