“Good Yucatecan food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Labna

Labna
Ranked #73 of 882 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are an operator of restaurants we admire the culture, customs and this land, its people and their way of being. In our restaurant you can enjoy genuine dishes, an interesting atmosphere and service with typical warmth of our race. In addition to the flavor of these exotic lands, home to one of the most amazing civilizations of mankind, that for more than 10,000 years ago populate this region and hunting, gathering and agriculture learned to survive giving rise to a unique cuisine that many years later with the influence and contributions of conquerors modern cuisine that is admired is created. We work with the emerging recipes "vox populi" ie the housewives, from every corner of the peninsula, from which arise the different dishes with different ingredients and flavors.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good Yucatecan food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were looking for some local food. The place is old fashioned and decoration not up to date. It wasn't very busy for a Friday night. The food however was very nice, especially the cochinita pibil that my husband ordered.

Visited May 2013

Oceanside, California, United States
“Authentic Yucatanean cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Went here on recommendation of our concierge and Fodor. Located near SM22, just outside of the main circle and tucked between some residential buildings. From the outside this restaurant is very unassuming but when you get inside it is very clean and elegant. My partner and I went here for lunch and were a little worried that we were the only ones here, despite the good reviews. I suspect that this was probably due to it being non peak season and that it may be more of a dinner destination. And thankfully our fears were unfounded because the food here is excellent. My partner when for the 145 peso buffet lunch deal that they offer which was a total steal. Knowing myself and how I can't control my appetite in a buffet, I opted for the makulam (sp?) - grouper cooked in aluminum foil. Originally we were both going to order off the menu but our server said that if we wanted, one of us could go for the buffet while the other could get something from the menu. That idea was absolutely brilliant and perfectly suited for us. Everything from the buffet was incredibly delicious and they were even gracious enough to make my partner an extra plate of traditional Yucantean delicacies. The buffet is a great deal if you're interested in exploring a wide variety of the local cuisine. My grouper was excellent as well and I finished every last bite of it. The staff was also very welcoming and friendly and attentive; they noticed us tasting one of the sauces repeatedly and immediately came over to inform us of the ingredients. Did I mention how awesome they were? This is a great place for a great lunch deal.

• Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“Romantic Night in Old Cancun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were surprised and charmed to be only one of two couples dining at this lovely restaurant on a Saturday night. The food and wine menus are compiled with care, and the dishes are very authentic. We loved leaving the touristy hotel zone and encourage every visitor to Cancun to seek out true local restaurants like Labna or its sister restaurant, La Habichuela, next door. The experience changed my opinion about Cancun from cheap tourist trap to worthy dining destination. You just have to make the effort to take the local bus a few stops further to find "real Cancun."

• Visited May 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poblano Soup was delicious”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

There was very little for vegetarians-a very meat and sauce heavy menu. However, my husband really enjoyed the Tour of the Yucatan.

Visited May 2013
“Best meal in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Couldn't have been a better experience. Great food (get the lime soup or cream poblano soup!), excellent service and well priced. Wish I could have eaten here everyday during my stay (sort of inconvenient from our hotel in the hotel zone) but we took the R-1 and were there in 20 minutes or so. Worth the trip!

Visited April 2013