“Good Mexican Food.”
Review of Hacienda Sisal

Hacienda Sisal
Ranked #44 of 957 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Central American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Potsdam, New York
“Good Mexican Food.”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife and I have not been here since they split off the "Backstage" area, so we were looking forward to see the "new" restaurant area. We have always enjoyed coming to the shows and having dinner here.

The atmosphere is lively and busy. You feel like you are in a Mexican restaurant when you come here. We were seated promptly and greeted by our waiter who spoke fluent Spanish and English. After some tequila y sangrita and a glass of wine for my wife we looked over the menu. You really cannot beat the local fish in these restaurants. I have never been disappointed with any fish entree in the area. So fish it was for both of us.

My wife had grouper that was cooked to perfection, and I enjoyed my new favorite, Tikinxic which is a Mayan preparation of fish. If you have never had Tikinxic you should try it. Really unique flavors. I was a bit disappointed that the Tikinxic was not served with tortillas like other restaurants, but this was certainly authenic right down to the banana leaves. Portions were average, and I wish we had more time in Cancun to try some of the other offerings that they had here.

This will be a stop for us next time we are in Cancun!

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Authentic Mexican at its Best!”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Every time I come to Cancun, I make an effort to visit this restaurant and it never disappoints. The ambiance has an upscale Mexican feel to it. The chips with salsa and guacamole is delicious. My companion had the Steak Arrecherra and said it was delicious. I had the Rancheros Tacos with shredded beef and they were delicious. If you want authentic Mexican Cuisine that's upscale and with a nice Mexican atmosphere, this is the place to come.

Signal Hill, California
“High Quality Mexican Food”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great atmosphere, wonderful food and amazing service! The waiters were very attentive and friendly. The margaritas are very good. I had shrimp enchiladas with a creamy chipotle sauce which were excellent.

Visited November 2013
Bradenton, Florida
“mexican serenade.”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The restaurant is really very pretty with great stenciled walls. the service was excellent. The food was reasonably priced and quite good. They had mexican muscians to serenade the patrons. I would go back to this restaurant when we visit Cancun again.

“Great Mexican Food!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Visited this restaurant during my vacation in Cancun and I must say, it was one of the best restaurants we visited all week! The fresh guacamole is a must order. They make it right in front of you and it is absolutely mouth watering! Although I gave it 5 stars since Tripadvisor won't allow 0.5 stars, 4.5 stars would be a more reasonable since while the food was not world class, it was fresh, delicious, and well prepared. A bit pricey but worth it and recommended!