“Great Food and Experience”
Review of Harry's

Harry's
Ranked #22 of 1,036 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: A place reserved only for the most demanding palates. Harry’s Prime Steakhouse & Raw Bar is a highly-stylized concept specially designed for our most rigorous and detail-focused guests. With a clear emphasis on quality and through a carefully curated assortment of USDA Prime certified meats exclusively sourced from the best Nebraska farms, the menu at Harry’s includes the best of our culinary offer. Worth highlighting is our selection of Wagyu Japanese and dry-aged steaks, which stand out for their intense flavor and tenderness. In addition, Harry’s offers quite an exclusive and well-stocked wine cellar, regionally renowned for its extensive variety and its high quality standards. At Harry’s you will witness how exclusivity & atmosphere can gracefully mingle, immersed in an environment that is clearly set apart by the talent of a staff who will surpass any expectations.
Reviewed June 30, 2010

The food we had the night my wife and I went was on par with a top US prime steakhouse, with the excpetion of the cream spinich, which was not bad by any means, just not what we expected. We had both seafood and primes steaks, and were quite happy. Prices were also in line with a top US steakhouse, but service was excellent and we knew the prices going in. Nice selection of mexican wines, and there are good ones that we've come to appreciate in our visits to mexico, and a helpful wine waiter. Not a mexico experience, but you are in cancun, so what did you expect.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,038)

Reviewed May 26, 2010

Perfect food, perfect atmosphere, perfect service, perfect lagoon view. Its not strange they are rated as the best in Cancun.

1  Thank bellybig40
Reviewed May 23, 2010

I certainly didn't expect to be writing a review of a seafood and steakhouse in Cancun, and even more unexpected is the fact that this is going to be a rave review. We went last night with a reservation made by our hotel concierge, and from the moment we walked in the restaurant, service, food and location surpassed our expectations. We had a table on the terrace overlooking the lagoon and fountains, but the full glass windows in front of the main restaurant room mean that you would get just as lovely a view inside. Our waiters, Juan Carlos and Cesar, introduced themselves immediately, organised drinks, brough a spectacular bread basket (inlcuding a flat bread with Chipotle), and gave a wonderful air of competence and efficiency. They never disappeared, and they always asked the next question at exactly the right moment (another bottle of wine? More water). The red wine I ordered was a 2005 Los Vascos Grande Reserve Cab Sauv, and I was very impressed that Juan Carlos came over with the bottle and said that it was the last 2005, and if we needed another bottle it would be 2006. Was that OK? Proper attention to detail. Brilliant.

We binged on seafood to start, I had stone crab claws, one of my fellow diners had Alaskan King Crab claws and my partner had half a dozen teeny tiny Japanese oysters. He said they were the best he had ever eaten (and he had Baja oysters for lunch six hours earlier!). All very good. Then on to the main affair....

The steaks here are wonderful, with a great choice available. I had a trimmed dry-aged rib eye, and it was cooked to perfection. If the reviewer on here that says it is like cheap supermarket meat could tell me where he lives as I want to shop in his neighbourhood. This was first class steak cooking - better than Smith and Wollensky (although in that style), and more like Meat Market in South Miami Beach. The side dishes deserve special mention. The French fries with truffled Parmesan cheese on them were a world class dish by themselves. I can't believe I am typing this, but they are better than the fries at the Delano. There. I've said it. The creamed corn was excellent, and my partner said the spinach was good. I'll take his word for it. Yuck.

I wandered though the dining room to the restroom and the Head Chef saw me peeking in my normal nosy way into the kitchen. He introduced himself (a Mexican from Nebraska!), and showed me the kitchen and how it is managed. This is a top class kitchen serving great food with style and real attention to detail.

After dinner we chatted and asked each other what we could possibly criticise... I am Hypercritical after all. Jeffrey said his steak had a touch too much salt on it, and I thought the vegetable side dishes (not the food but the crockery), were a bit dull and uninspiring. White corporate catering oval dishes. Maybe a miniature few copper saucepans would work?

You have to eat here. I hope you have as amazing an evening as we did.

1  Thank hypercritical
Reviewed May 6, 2010

Harry's is a must! The restaurant is beautiful- very modern, very clean. The food is absolutley fantastic- best mean by far in Cancun!

1  Thank lunaandi
Reviewed April 12, 2010

We clearly saved the best until last... Having had dinner at Terraneo earlier in our stay, we thought it would be hard to beat. But Harry's rose to the occasion. We arrived in time to be seated the water for sunset. The view was wonderful. You have a choice at Harry's for dining inside or out, but all seating offer a great view. Later in the evening we went to their lounge section which was also beautifully designed and exceptionally comfortable.

Our meal started with grill oysters New Orleans style. We've had the "real" thing and these were no imposters. We had to use some of the fresh baked bread to dip the sauce, it was so tasty. They also serve flatbreads with various dipping sauces which we greatly enjoyed. Our second course was the lobster bisque. I will admit I've had better, but this was in the top range. We were given far too much to finish for fear of filling ourselves before the main course. My wife had a petite filet which was perfectly cooked and extremely tender. I enjoyed the surf and turf, rock lobster tail and New York strip. The lobster was huge and perfectly cooked and I've never had a NY strip so tender. We also enjoy their peppercorn sauce, for the steaks, and a side of wasabi mashed potatoes. To finish the meal we had their bourbon creme brulee.

The wine choices here are terrific. We enjoyed a nice Argentine blend at a reasonable price.

Wondeful, wonderful service which goes overboard to make your dining experience as perfect as it can be. You must try Harry's! You get what you pay for, but compared to U.S. steakhouses, Harry's is a bargain.

1  Thank Hank G