“We had a very nice dinner”
Review of Harry's

Harry's
Reserve with OpenTable
Harry's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 1,107 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: A place reserved only for the most demanding palates. Harry’s Prime Steakhouse & Raw Bar is a highly-stylized concept specially designed for our most rigorous and detail-focused guests. With a clear emphasis on quality and through a carefully curated assortment of USDA Prime certified meats exclusively sourced from the best Nebraska farms, the menu at Harry’s includes the best of our culinary offer. Worth highlighting is our selection of Wagyu Japanese and dry-aged steaks, which stand out for their intense flavor and tenderness. In addition, Harry’s offers quite an exclusive and well-stocked wine cellar, regionally renowned for its extensive variety and its high quality standards. At Harry’s you will witness how exclusivity & atmosphere can gracefully mingle, immersed in an environment that is clearly set apart by the talent of a staff who will surpass any expectations.
Reviewed February 16, 2009

Excellent service, filet was tender but I would have expected a bit better since they age thier own meat. Nice ambiance. Standard higher end pricing for a steak house.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,310)

Reviewed January 24, 2009

We went to Puerto Madero before we came here, and I thought we found the best restaurant in Cancun. Boy were we wrong. Harry's was neck to neck with PM for best cancun restaurant. Even now, it is tied with PM. This was our final nice dinner in cancun. We knew how big portions are in cancun, so we decided to order and appetizer, main course, and side to share. We started out with the crab cake. It is 1 big crab cake that was very dense and full of meat, not a lot of other fillers besides crab meat. The sauce it came it was also very very good and complimented it very well. We orderd the cowgirl cut medium rare. This stuff melts in your mouth! Came out PERFECT. We ordered a side of creme of corn. Also excellet! First bite is tangy, then it gets sweet. Service was on the spot, my cup was never empty, half empty and someone comes and pours your water for you. They are very very attentive. Desert we ordered fried oreos! Its four oreos fried in a like a puff pastry? i cant even describe it, but it comes with vanilla ice creme, and its to DIE for. My mouth waters just writing this review for Harrys! We were also seated outside next to a fountain and the water. BEAUTIFUL decoration and overall SUPERB restaurant. Definitely go back if i am ever in cancun again. Yes it is pricey, but i think it was worth it. We ordered 2 wine, crab cake, steak, bottle water, and desert. Bill came out to $115 i believe.

1  Thank prettyangel687
Reviewed January 20, 2009

Beautiful setting and a classy looking restaurant with great food and impeccable service. It's not a cheap place by any means though - over £115 for 2 courses with wine including a rather sneaky 15% service charge. A little overpriced but worth a visit.

1  Thank mike0901
Reviewed January 18, 2009

We went to this restaurant last night for my birthday because of all the wonderful reviews we read here. We were seated outside between two tables that chain smoked which instantly set a bad atmosphere. As the night went on, things got progressively worse and worse. First, service: NO ONE smiled at us, NO ONE talked to us, NO ONE paid any attention to us. We had to hunt down our server and despite thanking outrbusboy for everything he did for us (ie. bring plates etc.) he never cracked a smile or responded. When we finally asked to be moved inside because of the unbearable smoke (the woman seat directly next to us liked to turn her head to blow her smoke in our direction instead of at her own table), we were treated like total aliens. The busboys brought us the wrong order and put empty plates on our table several times for no reason. No one was alert but tons of wait staff roaming around. We heard them sing happy birthday for another table so when I was in the bathroom, my husband asked them to do the same for me. Well, they forgot because when our dessert order was brought out, they didn't do anything. Ten minutes later, they brought out another piece of cake and gathered around to sing to me, only to scatter like roaches seconds later. The giant puff of cotton candy they bring out to every table is a nice touch but our server didn't bring ours out until he gave us the check leaving us really no time to enjoy it. The kicker? That piece of "extra" cake they brought me when they sang - they charged us for it.

Now the food: everything was only ok. We are from NYC where restaurants really run the gamut of quality and I'd say Harry's is in the lower spectrum. The bread is very airy and bland, the crackers themselves are also bland but are dusted with random spices. The mashed potato tasted like instant powder potatoes. The rock shrimp appetizers were over-fried. The steak was very average and came with a sad skewer of over-roasted vegetables. The rack of lamb was under-done and had little bits of bone at the end of the chops.

To summarize, the complete lack of service and miserable attitude of the wait staff totally killed the experience for us. We frankly could not wait to get out. We looked at the tables beside us and didn't really see that anyone was enjoying their time. If you like to have you meal with no laughter, no friendliness, no banter and no complex flavors, I suppose you can come here - otherwise, go elsewhere.

2  Thank Sandy C
Reviewed January 18, 2009

We went to this restaurant on our first night in Cancun. Again, my husband loves steak, so we decided to try this. The service, food, atmosphere was absolutely fabulous! The staff was very attentive to us, from the minute we walked in. I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant with such excellent service. The restaurant is expensive, so we didn't order appetizers. I had the salmon and my husband had steak. The salmon was just a little bland, but very tender and well-cooked. My husband loved the steak. We had the mini desserts, which I would not recommend. They are cheaper, but I didn't really like the taste. This is the only restaurant on our trip that my husband kept wanting to go back to, nothing compared to the top-notch service and food at Harry's!