“Good Italian with a modern flair.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Locanda Paolo

Locanda Paolo
Ranked #72 of 951 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Locanda Paolo, Italian Fusion Ristorante. We are a family run restaurant that just celebrated its 20th Anniversary. Proud to be a Downtown Restaurant.. we provide service to both locals and turists. The experience of visiting Locanda Paolo is never the same. Owners are on site and greet, serve, recommend and cook for you. We are a small and discreet restaurant. We like keeping it like that!! Let Paolo and Rafa help you personalize your own meal. "Food for the soul made with the Heart" a classy yet traditional Italian dinner.
Pennsylvania
“Good Italian with a modern flair.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Let´s face it, I love Italian food and need to have it at least 3 times a week. Locanda de Paolo is a great stop in downtown Cancun. I rediscovered this place after 3 years of not visiting and see that they changed their menu to a nice modernistic approach, as well as having the traditional dishes that I enjoy as well. A young new chef has appeared and he was pleasant and came over to our table to ask us what we like, and prepared us a delicious fresh fish in a truly delicate white wine and olive oil emulsion. Great cheese selection for after dinner and a nice relaxed atmosphere.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank sjbk

KY
“Personalized Entrees”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Imagine your perfect meal and it will be yours at Paolo's. Earlier this month I was in Cancun on a girlfriend week and we dined at Paolo's, they had been before and they promised a delicious meal. We arrived at 8 for our reservation and we seated at a lovely table completely set with changer plates. The menu is extensive encompassing fresh seafood, pastas, beef, pork, and vegetarian entrees. As we were finalizes our decisions the owner approaches our table and greets us. He is delightful, friendly, outgoing; he loves his work and it shows. He recited a long list of specials. I was perplexed as we're my friends, so the owner asks what I wanted, what did I like. I mentioned I liked sea bass, shrimp, light tomato sauces, capers, olive oil, but I did not like olives. He then turns to our waiter and gives him a description in Spanish. It's is repeated for my friends. About 10 minutes later, our entrees are brought to our table. Each was exactly as we described them, and oh so brimming with flavor and perfect ingredients. Fresh and delicious. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough. My meal with splitting a bottle of the owners recommended Malbec with one friend was about $35 US. I know of no restaurant in the US that provides this type of service and quality of food for that price. Take the cab and go downtown you will not be disappointed.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank pegrw
Cancun, Mexico
“Fantastic Restaurant and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I've lived in Cancun for almost five years now and Locanda Paolo is one of my most favorite restaurants in the Cancun area. We go here for birthdays and anniversaries, and whenever we have friends in town for visits we ALWAYS bring them here. The service is fantastic and extremely personalized. The chef comes out to all the tables to speak with the guests and find out how they are enjoying their meals. If there isn't something on the menu that is within their theme (Italian Fusion) they will make items special for you. It is a truly wonderful dining experience!

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank Himeywho
Austin Texas
“Classy Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stuck in central Cancun as we awaited for a flight to return to the US we decided to look for a half way decent Restaurant on our last evening. Going into the Hotel Zone was not an option. A sea view might have been nice but you can't see much at night and too often the quality of the food there has disappointing. Such disappointed only being exceeded by astonishment at the size of the Bills!

We saw that this place was supposed to be good. It wasn't good, it was fantastic! It wasn't cheap but the difference was that the standard of cuisine was sufficient justification.

I chose a four cheese Ravioli which came with an asparagus sauce. it was without doubt one of the finest Italian dishes I have ever had.
My partners fish ( not sure what type of fish) was elevated by a delicious and tangy lobster sauce. One which takes real skill to prepare with this subtlety as well plenty of time.

We arrived early for dining at this level in a good Restaurant in Mexico where it is not uncommon to dine late unlike most places in the US. By the time we had coffee it was buzzing and a good crowd for a Wednesday evening.

its pretty plush and not the sort of place to arrive in beach shorts and T shirt.

The service was exemplary . Attentive but not intrusive. The owner "Paolo" I presume, was making sure his staff were all 'on the mark'.

It was a delight to have dined so well here and yet come away with a bill that for once was less expensive than it would have been 'at home'!

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank Austinophile
“It just get's better !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have been a patron at Paolo's for over 20 years... and truly, It just amasses me that it gets better and better with the passage of time!
Outstanding cucine. Attentive service! Great selection of italian delicacies with a Mexican caribbean influence. A delightful experience in Cancun. Do not miss it !

• Visited September 2012