“Great company... amazing staff!!!”
Review of Olympus Tours

ATV Tour from Cancun
Ranked #27 of 320 Tours in Cancun
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Olympus Tours is one of the largest ground operators in Mexico servicing the most popular tourist destinations such as Cancun, Riviera Maya, Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Los Cabos and Mexico City. We specialize in: Airport Transfers, Tours and excursions, Meet and greet at the airport, Hotel accommodations, theme nights and activities for Groups and Incentives.
Upstate, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great company... amazing staff!!!”
Reviewed July 2, 2010

I booked a trip with Cheapcaribbean.com. I was VERY leery about this company due to the plethora of negative reviews. We stayed at the Riu Palace Las Americas from June 26 to July 1st, (Luckily we were largely spared from tropical storm/hurricane Alex!!!)
We were given a sales pitch from the Olympus rep while we were waiting for our prepaid shuttle to the hotel. They gave us a time that we "needed to see" the Olympus rep in the hotel. This was scheduled for the same day that we arrived at the hotel. We were given a booklet which included their offering of tours. I assumed at that point that I would not see the rep as they did not rate so well on tripadvisor, and would just see them at a later time to book my prepaid shuttle to the airport.
That was until I actually looked at the booklet. Olympus tours is just a booking agent for tours... just like every other company in Cancun..... We walked around Cancun for a day, and discovered that you can book the same trips on the street, as well as with several other companies in the hotel lobby.
I wanted to go to Selvatica, as most do in Cancun as they are rated #1. It was in the brochure from Olympus. I wanted to go to Chichen Itza... It was also in the brochure... I threw caution to the wind and went down to meet the Olympus rep.
The Olympus representative's name was Ydalia. She was one of the most pleasant and professional people that I have had the pleasure of working with. She quickly booked me a trip with Selvatica for the following day. It was at the same price that you can prebook it online, ($90 US), or that you can buy it on the street. The difference with buying it on the street was that she immediately called Selvatica directly on her cell phone to confirm availability.
We had an amazing trip, and Selvatica themselves showed up to pick us up ontime.
We had so much fun that I decided to book a trip with Olympus to Chichen Itza.
We booked the "Chichen express" tour. This brings you into the ruins early in the day to beat the crowds, and does not add the cenote swimming holes as most of the all day tours do. This is good because even with the "express" tour you are on an 8-9 hour tour. This is due largely to the fact that Chichen Itza is 2.5 hours from the hotel.
Well..... we were scheduled to meet our tour guide at 6:15am. This tour was for a maximum of 10 people. It cost us $90 US per person. Our guide Carlos showed up at 6:10. We were ready in the lobby as we are always early for everything.
He was with Special Tours. I asked, and he said that they work largely with Olympus and another major tour company who I apologize for forgetting which one it was.
Carlos told me, (as did the Olympus rep the day before), that there was a group of 8 persons who were supposed to be on the tour with us. They cancelled at the last minute. Instead of the usual van, Carlos arrived with a Mercury Grand Marquis auto, and we got in the back..... thus began our private tour of Chichen Itza.
Carlos was simply brilliant. He was so informative, knowledgeable, and proud of his culture, that I could not have spent $1,000 US and had a better guide. The fact that we were almost the only people there made it all the better.
What a wonderful experience.
Ydalia and Olympus tours were a big part of our Cancun experience. Don't believe the negative hype.... I am a HARD to please tourist, and they made everything wonderful and easy for our trip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
St. Louis, MO
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Tulum Xtreme excursion through Olympus Tours was AWESOME!!!”
Reviewed June 23, 2010

We were very impressed with Olympus Tours throughout the duration of our trip. We booked through CheapCaribbean.com, who partners with Olympus Tours for transportation to and from the airport and for on-site representation during our trip. When we arrived at the airport, we were directed to the OT desk, where a very nice gentleman gave us the information we needed, what color of shirt to look for, and other tips. We were able to easily find the OT van and were checked in by very courteous staff. In no time we were on our way to our resort! The OT rep at our resort, Nacho, was a great resource and we really enjoyed meeting him. He didn't pressure us to do anything, but answered our questions honestly and, based on the feedback we gave him to some great questions, recommended the Tulum Xtreme excursion. It was AMAZING!!! We spent the morning exploring the Mayan ruins at Tulum, then headed to the Mayan jungle for ziplining, repelling, and snorkling, along with a really delicious lunch. Sergio, our tour guide, was really great - very personable and spoke at least 4 languages, which made it nice for the French-speaking couple that was on the trip with us. We really loved this excursion because we felt like we did two excursions in one and didn't have to spend an extra day or extra money to get to do both of the things we wanted to do. I would highly recommend anyone in the Cancun/Riviera Maya area to use Olympus Tours - very reliable, great service, and an overall wonderful experience!

oklahoma
“Prompt but scary driving”
Reviewed June 20, 2010

We used Olympus Tours when we booked our trip to Playa Del Carmen--through travelocity. They were prompt at the airport and we were on our way to the resort within 10 minutes. But thank God we arrived safely!! Now I realize everyone in Mexico drives a little crazy, but they seriously scared me. Speeding, running red lights and not stopping at stop signs. On our departure the driver drove in the middle of the road the entire way (it was 4 a.m.). They really didn't seem to care about the safety of its passengers.

chalmette
“rip off”
Reviewed June 13, 2010

We payed for the royal swim so it would just be 8 people with 2 dolphins. At least that is what olympus tours told us it would be. We got there we were with 12 people and 2 dolphins!! Also, the jungle tour is a waste a money, nothing like the description. We are very disappointed

Phoenix, Arizona
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Stay away from Olympus!!!”
Reviewed June 9, 2010

My friend and I went to Cancun and booked a tour to Cozumel through Olympus. They gave us a brochure describing a wonderful tour of the island including sightseeing in the jungle, lagoon, lighthouse, and Maya ruins. The tour looked spectacular, so we immediately booked it.

Alas, we were sent out on a TOTALLY different tour! In the morning we were picked up, and then scurried from one bus, to another bus, to another bus. We were very confused as to what was going on, and when we finally got a chance to speak with the tour guide, who was extremely busy, he said we were not on the tour we intended to book. (We intended to book with Explora and was sent out on with Cancun Sightseeing.) We couldn't understand the reason for this, and couldn't explore this more with the guide due to time constraints. We got to the ferry late, and had to stand and sit on the floor for the 30 minute ride to Cozumel. We did get to go snorkeling, and then the rest of the afternoon was spent in eating a non-veg friendly lunch and shopping.

We were sorely disappointed in this experience since we only had four days in Cancun. We intended to book a different tour, and was sent out on a tour we didn't want to go on because it included a different set of activities.

We tried to resolve this with Olympus, and of course, they gave us a run around. Had to wait over a week for a response, and it still wasn't resolved to our satisfaction! So please if you want to maximize your time in Cancun, stay away from Olympus! I have never experienced such unsavory business practices and such lame customer service.

1 Thank DrBrightside2010