“rip off”

Lobster Dinner Cruise from Cancun
Ranked #29 of 330 Tours in Cancun
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Olympus Tours is one of the largest ground operators in Mexico servicing the most popular tourist destinations such as Cancun, Riviera Maya, Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Los Cabos and Mexico City. We specialize in: Airport Transfers, Tours and excursions, Meet and greet at the airport, Hotel accommodations, theme nights and activities for Groups and Incentives.
chalmette
“rip off”
Reviewed June 13, 2010

We payed for the royal swim so it would just be 8 people with 2 dolphins. At least that is what olympus tours told us it would be. We got there we were with 12 people and 2 dolphins!! Also, the jungle tour is a waste a money, nothing like the description. We are very disappointed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Phoenix, Arizona
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Stay away from Olympus!!!”
Reviewed June 9, 2010

My friend and I went to Cancun and booked a tour to Cozumel through Olympus. They gave us a brochure describing a wonderful tour of the island including sightseeing in the jungle, lagoon, lighthouse, and Maya ruins. The tour looked spectacular, so we immediately booked it.

Alas, we were sent out on a TOTALLY different tour! In the morning we were picked up, and then scurried from one bus, to another bus, to another bus. We were very confused as to what was going on, and when we finally got a chance to speak with the tour guide, who was extremely busy, he said we were not on the tour we intended to book. (We intended to book with Explora and was sent out on with Cancun Sightseeing.) We couldn't understand the reason for this, and couldn't explore this more with the guide due to time constraints. We got to the ferry late, and had to stand and sit on the floor for the 30 minute ride to Cozumel. We did get to go snorkeling, and then the rest of the afternoon was spent in eating a non-veg friendly lunch and shopping.

We were sorely disappointed in this experience since we only had four days in Cancun. We intended to book a different tour, and was sent out on a tour we didn't want to go on because it included a different set of activities.

We tried to resolve this with Olympus, and of course, they gave us a run around. Had to wait over a week for a response, and it still wasn't resolved to our satisfaction! So please if you want to maximize your time in Cancun, stay away from Olympus! I have never experienced such unsavory business practices and such lame customer service.

1 Thank DrBrightside2010
Oakland, NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Transportation & Whale Shark Snorkeling”
Reviewed May 25, 2010

We booked through Cheap Caribbean & Olympus Tours was our transportation company for our vacation.

Airport Pick-up/Drop Off:
They were prompt.

Meet with Olympus:
We've been to Playa before and we know the drill with the tour companies to make sure we schedule our returning transportation. All of the staff members we met were very friendly (met with 3 on diff occassions).

Whale Shark Snorkeling:
My husband is obsessed with sharks & this is a tour that just started out of Puerto Juarez. I didn't ask too many questions, just looked at the pictures and agreed. That was my fault.

We were picked up at 6:30am and driven to the port with 3 other couples. The driver was very friendly. When we arrived, the tour operator instructed us to get the equipment and we were split into groups of 8 in 3 different boats. The boats were small but I tried not to think too far into it. Just go with the flow.

Each boat had a captain and an assistant who were very knowledgeable. At first, the waters were calm & driving fast seemed fun but that quicly turned into a roller coaster ride that never ended once the waters got choppy and they got very choppy and scary. We were about 60 miles out and we were getting beat up by waves that were throwing us out of our seats. I cried like a baby at one point and asked them to slow down. They told me to sit in the back of the boat where the waves weren't as intense and that did help me a little.

We saw dolphins, sea turtles and finally the whale sharks. We took turn in two's snorkeling 2-3x's. It was a really cool experience and after that boat ride, the shark didn't scare me at all.

Then, we all got sick!!!!!!!

1 Thank rosienjerzy
Dallas, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“RUDE money stealers!”
Reviewed May 18, 2010

My husband and I booked a round trip transfer with Olympus from the Cancun airport to our hotel and back. The ride to the hotel was okay, very pushy sales people. They make you meet them EVERYDAY until your depature date. They say you have to meet them to schedule your pick up time but they really meet you to try and sale tours to you, while never scheduling your pick up time. They keep saying "Ok, come back tomorrow and meet ____ to schedule your pick up." We got sick of that and stopped showing up so they called our room on the last time and told us our pick up time was 1:20pm. The next day (our depature date) we were in the lobby at 1:22 on my clock. 2 minutes late. The transfer had left us. They would not turn around (TWO MINUTES AWAY) and would not return our 50 dollars we paid them. They completely stole our time and money. If you are not in the lobby at 1:20 ON THE DOT, there goes your money. The lady we talked to o the phone was rude and careless and hung up on me!!!! Before she hung up on me she tried telling me that they said 1:15 which I am 200% sure they called and said 1:20, so she was lying to save their selves. This place is SO unprofessional and COMPLETE waste of time and money.

1 Thank ashlie05
Claremont, CA
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Pushy salespeople disguised as a shuttle service”
Reviewed May 5, 2010

We booked our airport transportation at the same time as we booked our hotel and flight reservation. Travelocity uses Olympus and it seemed easier to do everything at once. Upon arrival at the airport I was very careful to keep an eye out for the orange shirts that Olympus employees wear so we wouldn't get roped into a van with another company. What I didn't expect was to be told by the staff at the airport that we would need to meet a someone from Olympus at 9am the next morning at our hotel lobby to discuss our trip back to the aiport. We still had several days left on our trip and the next morning we had a exursion booked and couldn't be there at 9am. He reluctantly admitted that the rep will also be there between 3-5pm as well. Side note: the rep is there all day, every day except for a lunch break from 1-2pm. But, he told us specifically not to speak with the concierge or anyone from the hotel. What? We can't talk to anyone from our own hotel? We were there for a wedding and totally got paranoid that the staff of this beautiful resort couldn't be trusted. When we did check in with Olympus on Saturday afternoon instead of Friday morning the man at the desk was very nosey about what we were doing the day before that we couldn't meet with him. I patiently explained we are part of a large wedding party and the mother-of-the bride had many activities planned for us. He wanted to know what we had planned, who we booked with, and how much we paid. I have NEVER been grillled like this in my life and didn't think ANY of that information was his business. All we needed was our return time for the shuttle to the airport. He couldn't find our paperwork and actually accused us of getting some sort of upgrade from our hotel which was why our information wasn't where is was supposed to be. Again, we were part of a much larger group and I have all the paperwork to prove that there was no upgrade. We were always in the Barcelo Maya Beach Tropical Resort and I have the paperwork to prove it. There were no upgrades and I was little offended that us and the hotel were being blamed for his company's bad organization. Basically, once he realized how uncomfortable we were discussing our plans with OUR AIRPORT SHUTTLE SERVICE and that he wouldn't be able to sell us anything he told us if we didn't like the pushy sales tactics that go on all over Mexico that we shouldn't go there. Wow, maybe they should use that as their slogan. My sister-in-law told him that's why we normally go to Europe. Which was pretty funny but then he tried to quiz us on London and asked if we had ever been to Sacre Coeur when we looked confused he corrected himself and pointed out that it was in Paris. Believe me, I plan on letting the Barcelo hotel know that the Olympus desk that currently takes up residence in their hallway is telling people at the airport not to talk to hotel staff and Travelocity that they can find another company to shuttle people to the airport. The shuttle service that took us to the ferry to get to Cozumel was amazing and even waited at the docks for us even though we missed our ferry and were an hour late!

2 Thank Trishyco
miguelsalazar, Director of Sales at Olympus Tours, responded to this review, May 7, 2010
Dear Customer :

We were most concerned to learn about your review posted on May 05, regarding your recent trip to Cancun and we apologize if at any moment our rep made you feel uncomfortable. we certainly do not train our staff to be pushy .

Please note that Olympus is not only the shuttle company for Travelocity but also their local Ground Handler and we have the high responsibility of your safety and well being during your stay at the destination. Therefore we emphasize the importance of buying tours and excursions only through our reps not only to prevent you from being overcharged by a third party, but unfortunately there are instances that some un-ethical people would approach you and present themselves as "concierge" of the hotel or with an amazingly low prices and you may end up in an unwanted time share presentation or riding in a bus that is not safe or having a guide that is not certified by the archaeological entity in the best of instances.

Again, this particular rep seemed to have gone far beyond protecting you and we will take action to correct this unacceptable behavior.

We at Olympus Tours, pride ourselves in having one of the highest rankings of customer satisfaction in the country and we will continue working hard to make sure that every customer enjoys his visit to our country.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to service you again. Thank you