“Outstanding Service during Our Crisis!!”
Review of Olympus Tours

Lobster Dinner Cruise from Cancun
Ranked #27 of 325 Tours in Cancun
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Olympus Tours is one of the largest ground operators in Mexico servicing the most popular tourist destinations such as Cancun, Riviera Maya, Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Los Cabos and Mexico City. We specialize in: Airport Transfers, Tours and excursions, Meet and greet at the airport, Hotel accommodations, theme nights and activities for Groups and Incentives.
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding Service during Our Crisis!!”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I traveled with my four daughters for a much anticipated 8 day stay at Iberostar Pariaso Del Mar. We booked our trip through Liberty Travel, who then made arrangements for the airport transfers with Olympus. In addition, Olympus had a representative, Armando Gurrola, on site each day at the hotel. We met with him our first day there to see the available tours. Besides explaining the tours, Armando showed an interest in knowing how our stay at the hotel was going and making sure all was satisfactory. We booked the tour called Tullum Extreme for our second day on Armando's recommendation.

The tour guide provided was excellent, the transportation to Tullum was a pleasant ride with only a couple stops. We had a nice group of about 10 people for a great day of sightseeing at the ruins, ziplining and rappeling in the rainforrest, and snorkeling in the cenotes. Also, there was a fantastic home-cooked meal provided at the rainforest site. There was nothing we would have changed about a perfect day!

Unfortunately, our third day at the hotel brought disaster when my oldest dtr slipped on something spilled on the hotel lobby floor. She fractured her kneecap and had to be transported by ambulance to a hospital in Cancun, about an hour away from the hotel. Armondo G., the Olympus rep., happened to be in the lobby when the accident occurred. As my dtr and I were being taken by ambulace from the hotel, Armando came over to me to say he was having Olympus send a representative to meet us at the hospital for assistance. We were then met at the hospital by Armondo Maliachi from Olymus shortly after we arrived there. I can't say enough about the assistance we received from these two young men (the two Armando's we called them !). As my daughter needed to have surgery to repair her knee, they arranged our flight change, they checked on my other three children that I had to leave back at the hotel, they found a second hospital and doctor to take my daugher to when the first one would not give her medical clearance to fly home. They also made numerous phone calls for me to doctors in the US that I needed to consult with and to the hotel to check on my other children. Without these two wonderful men, our medical crisis would have been much more difficult to handle in a foreign country. (I also want to add that Iberostar offered absolutely NO assistance to us and completed ignored our situation, never even checking to see my daughter's medical status.)

Armando Gurrola and Armando Maliachi both gave us personal service way beyond anything we could have expected. I can't say enough how grateful we were to have had them help us through our crisis. I would definitley use Olympus for any tours and transfers while vacationing in Mexico if we ever get a chance to return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Loved our guide "Carolina"”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We took a few excursions and one of them was to "Chichenitza." The site is wonderful. The only problem with it is that they continuously try to nickle and dime you for every step of your trip.
We absolutely loved our "Olympus representative, Carolina (@Dreams Cancun)."

Concord, NC
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great Airport Transfer Service”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Drivers for the vans to get us to and from the airport and hotel were really great! The represenative at our hotel Brenda was nice to us at first but once we didnt book a tour she became very rude and not helpful in any way! Very pushy! I would recommend the transfers though!

Hilversum, The Netherlands
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Pretty helpful - doubst about safety.”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We used them only for our airport transfers and that went pretty smooth. My wife lost the voucher for the return and that was resolved in no time. Safety is not their first concern though, many of the safety belts in the van were missing or malfunctioning.

“Isabel was helpful!”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Isabel, found at the Riu Palace (Riviera Maya) 12-1 on most days, helped us find the right tours. One of us tends to be a budget traveler an she was able to offer us deals that we couldn't have pieced together on our own for the same price. Bravo Isabel.