“Not the best” 2 of 5 bubbles

ATV Tour from Cancun
Ranked #24 of 315 Tours in Cancun
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Olympus Tours is one of the largest ground operators in Mexico servicing the most popular tourist destinations such as Cancun, Riviera Maya, Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Los Cabos and Mexico City. We specialize in: Airport Transfers, Tours and excursions, Meet and greet at the airport, Hotel accommodations, theme nights and activities for Groups and Incentives.
Hatboro, Pennsylvania
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Not the best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

I booked two tours, as well as airport transportation through Olympus Tours before we left for vacation. On EVERY ride the van was packed to the point that someone had to ride in the passenger seat just to fit everyone. Most trips the air conditioning did not work well. There were so many stops the drive took double the time that a direct trip would have.

My rep at the hotel advised me to wear a bathing suit and flip flops on my horseback riding excursion. Contrary to my own instincts I followed his advice, because he is supposed to be the professional. Big mistake. The purpose of wearing a bathing suit was so that we could swim on the beach after horseback riding. However the timing of the trip was so tight that when we got back we barely had time to eat our chips before we had to get back on another crowded van for the last return trip of the day. When I mentioned the problems to the rep back at the hotel, he told me that they see so many people that sometimes they lose track of what they are talking about and who they are talking to.

The timing of our dolphin adventure was just as tight. Once we finished our interaction with the dolphins there was only 15 minutes to eat our included lunch and board the bus.

Overall the representatives seemed disorganized and unprofessional. I would not book trips through them again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Gladstone, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“ALEX FROM OLYMPUS WAS AMAZING!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

I just arrived home from cancun, and i just wanted to let olympus know that Alex was an amazing rep! I booked my tours through him from the Omni Hotel, i will be going back to cancun and i will definetly use Alex again. You gave me a vacation to remember!

Huntington, NY
“Would highly recommend Olympus”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

My husband and I used Olympus Tours during our stay at Secrets Maroma Beach for our honeymoon in early July. Antonio Alcocer was GREAT! He was very helpful when we were trying to figure out which excursions to do during our stay and made it very easy for us. He was very friendly, funny, and personable. We really enjoyed visiting him! Olympus is flexible. We were able to cancel and reschedule one of our trips about an hour before we were supposed to leave due to my husband's bad sunburn. I would highly recommend Olympus and Antonio!

Cancun, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A little honesty would go a long way!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

After a considerable wait at the airport for a ride in an uncomfortable, dirty van we arrive at our hotel.. Later in the day we speak with Olympus rep at the GR Soloras who sells us tickets to an evening out at Coco Bongos. We were assured that it covered a reserved table a waiter, with our only responsibility would be to tip him at the end of the evening. Nothing could be further from the truth. We arrived to find that we would receive no table but be forced to stand throughout the whole evening. That set the tone for the week and lost all faith in Olympus. By weeks end as we prepare to leave, we are advise by an agent to be ready at 3 am for our return trip to the airport. To be safe I return later where I am now greeted by a different Olympus rep who states a 4 am departure for a 6:30 am flight and was told our family would have to carry our bags from the hotel we were staying at GR Caribe to the neighboring hotel GR Sollaris to meet our ride, (unacceptable)!

1 Thank K9bitedr
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“If you like snorkeling go find Robert at DejaVu Tours.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

We had a great time with Robert! Pablo, Robert's assistant went in the water to find the sea turtle first. By the time we got in the water the sea turtle was already swimming near us. We snorkeled at three spots, 4 hours total. Best experience ever! Robert and Pablo were the best!

1 Thank Misswanton