“5 star dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gustino

Gustino
Reserve with OpenTable
Gustino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 946 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: adentro del hotel JW Marriott Cancun
Description: From the heart of Italy, our Master Chefs have created a unique culinary experience. Gustino Italian Grill Features the most delicious flavors from the Italian Kitchens. Pastas, seafood and meat are the specialties of this restaurant. Combined with live saxophone music and luxury arrangements, a unique and extraordinary elegant ambiance is created. Gustino Restaurant is located in the lobby level of JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa. The cuisine is inspired by classic Italian dishes enhanced with Mediterranean ingredients. One of the best Italian Restaurants in Cancun, Gustino is recognized with the 4 Diamonds Award
“5 star dining”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We made a reservation, although it was not crowded as we traveled before the real summer season starts. My husband and I were with our college daughter and her 2 friends. They had never had such a elaborate dining experience. Hector was our waiter and he did a great job making sure we had time to enjoy each course and not rush us through. I had the sea bass, it was cooked perfectly, my husband the lamb and risotto, which he said it was excellent. The girls had variations of pasta, which they all enjoyed. They loved the "palate cleanser" sorbet Hector brought out most of all. And the roses he brought out for the ladies at the end made a great dining experience a memory we won't soon forget.

Visited June 2014
MarriottCancun, Manager at Gustino, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear DanP:
Thank you very much for choosing Gustino! I´m glad that the gourmet experiences exceed your expectations!
I will let Hector know about the wonderful comments you have made on this review. Thanks again and I hope I can welcome you again.
Best Regards

Los Angeles
“Very good Italian food in Cancun”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We ate at this restaurant several times during our stay in Cancun. The food was very good! The staff was excellent. If you are looking for a fancier Italian dinner in Cancun, I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
MarriottCancun, Manager at Gustino, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear guest:
I was very happy to know that you enjoy the Gustino Restaurant! Thank you so much for your great comments, we hope to have you back soon.
Warmest Regards
Floral Park, New York
“So so.”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

The food was mediocre at best and not worth the price, compared to the options elsewhere within the hotel zone. I remembered it to be better and was somewhat disappointed. I will not likely eat here again.

Visited May 2014
MarriottCancun, Hotel Manager at Gustino, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Larry V:

We regret to hear that during your last stay with us, your experiences were not pleasant and unfortunately we did not meet your expectations in our restaurants.
We would like to assure you that our Chefs are working on new menus and various options in order to make our guest's dining experience an unforgettable and exceptional part of your trip.
We welcome your valuable comments and we assure you that we will continue to work on these areas of opportunity to make your next trip with us a memorable one.

Manuel Magana / Hotel Manager
Fountain Hills, Arizona
“Every Night A Treat”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We unfortunately stayed at the sister hotel and our experience at the steakhouse was not pleasant. Made a reservation at Gustino every night after that. What a wonderful treat. The greeters made you feel right at home. Service was impeccable. A wonderful quiet dining experience. The table in the middle of the restaurant with candles burning was a perfect touch. Two evenings we had the 8oz lobster...chock full of tender meat....made us think we were back in New England. The filet mignon was cooked to perfection and you could cut with fork..so tender. The pasta dish was outstanding too. Last two evenings a saxophone gentleman played quiet dinner music. Where does the specialty chef, Mr. Alcazar, come out and check on you? Only at JW. The Manager, Mr. Lopez, also made our evenings very special at the restaurant. Dining at Gustino's was the highlight of our Cancun vacation.

MarriottCancun, Manager at Gustino, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear myakkalady:

I apprecciate you Taking the time to share your comments about your experience at Gustino. I love the atmosphere of this restaurant!! It is very paceful and romantic. I hope you had chance to try the risotto.... its one of my favorite dishes!!!! Thanks so much for your wondeful comments I will share them with Mr. "Chef" Alcazar.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you again
Best Regards
Dallas, Texas
“Yummy food”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

A bit overpriced, but great food and service. Stayed open late, and accommodated us chatting until 11 pm. Risotto was excellent.

MarriottCancun, Manager at Gustino, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Guest: I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the facilities and service experience met your expectations. The risotto is one of my favorites as well! We appreciate your time in sharing your experiences with us. We are excited to welcome you back again; we will be waiting for you!

Warmest Regards,