“horrible food, slow service, ridiculously expensive.”
Review of Gustino

Gustino
Reserve with OpenTable
Gustino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 1,010 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: adentro del hotel JW Marriott Cancun
Description: From the heart of Italy, our Master Chefs have created a unique culinary experience. Gustino Italian Grill Features the most delicious flavors from the Italian Kitchens. Pastas, seafood and meat are the specialties of this restaurant. Combined with live saxophone music and luxury arrangements, a unique and extraordinary elegant ambiance is created. Gustino Restaurant is located in the lobby level of JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa. The cuisine is inspired by classic Italian dishes enhanced with Mediterranean ingredients. One of the best Italian Restaurants in Cancun, Gustino is recognized with the 4 Diamonds Award
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We ate two dinners during our short stay in Cancun; one was at La Capilla Steak House at Casamagna Marriot, which was actually very good. The other was Gustinos an italian restaurant at JW Marriot The meal was both horrible, and expensive. We got a few drinks, two very average pastas and salad and it came to $110 US! We could have made better pasta at home!

It seemed the service policy was to serve food and drinks as slowly as possible, so whilst I asked for a wine list as soon as I arrived, the menu didn't get to our table for about 10 minutes, and the drink 15 minutes after that!! It was by far the worst meal we have had in our time in mexico.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Fabulous wait staff, and incredible views. For the most part the food was very good, I recommend the rack of lamb. The desserts are quite tasty especially the fondue. Stay away from the pizza though. I thought the restaurant was quite good.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

This was the worst Italian food I've ever eaten anywhere. Service was overbearing. I'd prefer to be handed a menu not have the waitstaff try to dictate it to me from memory. When we finally gor menus after asking for them we couldnt even see the small print with such dim lighting. The special of the day was lasagna with seafood and the pasta was made with 'black ink'. Seriously, who would eat that?! Options were trying to be fancy but didn't look appetizing, pizza was worse than you find in a food court. The pasta sauce tasted burnt. The waitstaff seem to try really hard and are nice but the food is to be avoided. I know it's Mexico and Italian food isn't their forte but if you put an expensive Italian restaurant in your hotel, make sure you can prepare decent food.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We don't often eat at hotel restaurants, but the food here was amazing! The food was perfectly prepared, artfully presented and made with fresh ingredients. The service was wonderful, so we decided to eat here twice, which we rarely do on vacation. The Caprese salad was fresh and interestingly presented. The wide bread selection was fresh and so tasty, it was hard to keep from trying each type of bread they offered.

On one visit we had the sea bass which was fresh and mild, prepared en papillote. The flavors were mild, but the fish was a bit too moist for my taste. On another visit my husband had the cod, which was nicely prepared with a puree of cauliflower and fresh vegetables. I had the mushroom tagliatelle pasta, which was the best entree in my opinion. It was served with fresh organic baby vegetables and the mushroom-filled pasta was fabulous. The Amerena cherry desert was very good, but the little extras like the amuse bouche and intermezzo made it a lovely dining experience, as did the lovely long-stem red rose given to ladies after dinner.

On our final visit I realized I had not yet had a Margarita in Mexico and ordered the house margarita, which was excellent! We also had a great service team, led by Hector. They were attentive, without being intrusive.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Service for our party of 4 was excellent. The food however was not. I had the duck breast and found it to tb tough and fatty with some type of mousse on top that made me gag. My wife had the ravioli which was undercooked. The shrimp entree was sold by the server as having giant prawns. Not! Dish had standard 16-20 shrimp. Intermezzo was nice and an unexpected delighter.