“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Gustino

Gustino
Reserve with OpenTable
Gustino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 946 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: adentro del hotel JW Marriott Cancun
Description: From the heart of Italy, our Master Chefs have created a unique culinary experience. Gustino Italian Grill Features the most delicious flavors from the Italian Kitchens. Pastas, seafood and meat are the specialties of this restaurant. Combined with live saxophone music and luxury arrangements, a unique and extraordinary elegant ambiance is created. Gustino Restaurant is located in the lobby level of JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa. The cuisine is inspired by classic Italian dishes enhanced with Mediterranean ingredients. One of the best Italian Restaurants in Cancun, Gustino is recognized with the 4 Diamonds Award
Cork, Ireland
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

The entry to this restaurant is lovely with candles lighting the stairway but after been shown to our seats (which had a terrible view) we were left waiting for over 15 minutes before I eventually had to go find someone to ask for some drinks please. That unfortunately was a bad start and took away from the pleasure of the rest of the evening. The food was great but I would expect that at the prices they charge. The service was friendly but very slow. I did not feel like a valued guest. I would have no interest in returning.

Toronto, Canada
“Excellent Italian in Cancun..? Yep very good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

We decided to go to this more expensive italian in our hotel (JW Marriott) and although it is very expensive for mexico it is worth the money. Very good food, high level ingredients, excellent service and the convenience of our own hotel. We had a antipasto and carpaccio starters, very authentic italian tastes. Duck and Lobster risotto for our entrees and split a dessert ( some chocolate super something) all delicious. The hotel discount made the bill more palatable too.

Visited March 2013
Redlands, California
“Closely review your receipt for overcharges!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Check, double check, triple check your bill for accuracy because you're probably being overcharged! Overall the dining experience was good until the bill came... When I'm enjoying dinner with my wife & another couple at one of the most high end restaurants in the area & don't expect to be double charged for a bottle of wine! We spent liberally at over $250 & upon closely inspecting the bill I noticed that they double charged us for a bottle of wine. Not just charging us for two bottles, but charging us twice the listed amount for one bottle... This was very hard to distinguish since the price came in pesos & the quantity was indeed for one bottle. I've been overcharged by mistake before at high end restaurants & the wait staff & mgmt fall head over heels to apologize & make things right. NOT at this establishment. When I brought the charges to the waiter's attention he took the receipt, corrected it, then brought it back with the correct amount & said that it was set up in the system for double the charge. There was no offer for a free bottle of wine, no apology, no visit from the management, no offer for a free meal or discount or anything at all. Mind you this was an overcharge of over $50! This is not the type of service or management that I'd expect from a supposed 5 star restaurant. I had to actually call over the manager who simply acknowledged the screw up, acted like it was no big deal, & overall treated us like tourists who wouldn't be regulars so they didn't give a crap. 5 star restaurants are known not only for their food but their SERVICE... This restaurant, in my opinion tries to overcharge patrons (no telling how many others were duped) & therefore should NOT be frequented unless you're prepared to closely review each & every line item on your bill. While its true we're tourists & not regulars... I would highly recommend NOT patronizing this restaurant until the management is changed.

Hartford ct
“Best in Cancun Yet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

After spending a week here in Cancun and trying so many different places, we decided to stay in for Italian here in our own hotel. It was perfect across the board. The atmosphere is second to none, the service was perfection and the food was excellent. The only slight negative was the portions were on the small side .....but then again, being from the U.S, our portions are way too large anyway. The live sax playing in the distant corner was so perfect for the evening and to end the night, my wife and two daughters were presented with long stemmed roses to take home which made my girls feel like queens. Truly a delight and wonderful to dress up nicely and enjoy the surroundings of "Italia "! We will return for our final night here in Cancun to end our week on a perfect note.

Idaho
“Nice atmosphere, food wasn't bad!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Ate there last Thursday. Very nice atmosphere. I love the food, my wife thought it just OK. Their breads were amazing, I really like my pasta and for dessert I got a goat cheese Carmel cheesecake torte thing that was great. The waiters were nice. They were very confused that I didn't want to order wine which is ok I'm used to that at nice restaurants! Overall really enjoyed this nice dinner without having to leave the hotel! It was pricey but still cheaper than Mikados next door!