“Great Course, Great Shape - Very Wide Open”

Iberostar Golf Club Cancun
Ranked #46 of 277 Outdoor Activities in Cancun
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Detroit, MI
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Great Course, Great Shape - Very Wide Open”
Reviewed January 23, 2011

A friend and I played this course in January of 2011. The rate is kind of high, but staying at the hotel we had a $99 twilight rate and they let us off at 1:00 PM (instead of 2:00 PM) to make sure we had time to finish before dark. We just a twosome we made it around the course in 3.5 hours. The course wasn't very busy.

The course is very wide open and the greens are mostly flat. I think it played about 6,200 yards from the white tees. Since we come from a cold weather state and hadn't played golf in 3 months I was glad for the forgivening layout.

The greens and fairways are in awesome shape. The course is really taken care of nicely. The carts are nice, but didn't have GPS which I found odd for a high end course. The club house is really nice and they did have a beverage cart on the course serving snacks and drinks.

Be aware of the crocodiles just like the sign says on the 1st tee. From the attached pictures you can see they are very close to play and at times your ball could go near them. I recommend you just take a drop and go about your business. Some of the ones we saw where like 10ft long.

The course also allowed us to play out of 1 golf bag, but we did have 2 sets of clubs. We packed just 1 bag because the airlines charge so much for bags now. We each brough our drivers, putters and wedges, then shared a 4I to 9I

Visited January 2011
2 Thank Lazymind

Durham, NC
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great vacation golf”
Reviewed June 9, 2010

Forgiving layout, fantastic conditions, friendly staff. This course is challenging enough to be interesting but forgiving enough to help me feel like a real golfer. I really enjoyed playing this one. You'll see iguanas and crocs/gators (I can't remember which one). I never felt threatened by them, but it did limit searching for my ball on some holes. If you go to the website and book using their online engine, you may be able to find a better deal. We paid $125 including cart and got a bonus souvenir money clip. This rate is lower than what people staying at the Hilton pay! I would definitely go back and play this one again.

Oceanside, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Would have played it more!!!”
Reviewed April 3, 2010

My teen son and I were looking forward to getting away from the ladies and hit the course. We were quite disappointed with Moon Palace but fell in love with the Hilton Course. Thanks to those of you who posted earlier and provided us initial feedback. Rates were very good and they also provided r/t cab to and from our hotel (Royal Mayan). A great 18 holes with lots of good play from the bunkers and not too much water to lose your balls in. Lots of iguanas and a couple of gators The restaurant/bar at the end of hte 18 was great - price was awesome for a couple of drinks, pops and burgers.
We are looking forward to returning to Cancun and will definitely play this course more than once.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

1 Thank Cheechsdad
Round Rock, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Great time at Hilton Cancun Golf Course”
Reviewed January 18, 2010

We played the Hilton Cancun Golf Course twice during our trip to Cancun. We stayed off site at the Royal Sands for our lodging. The $139 per person rate included a taxi ride to and from the golf course (two or more people). Access to the driving range was included in the price. We had 7 am tee times both days we played and completed our rounds by 10:15 am (this was important because we both had wives to get back to). The food/beverage carts had hard liquor on them (a sign of a truly great golf course, in my opinion) and made one of the best bloody mary's I have ever had. The course was in great shape (in contrast to the Nicklaus course at Riveria Cancun). True, there aren't many scenic holes that "take your breath away" but I found the course to be fun and challenging. $139 is a lot for a round of golf, but I think it was fair given that 1) the course was in excellent shape, 2) quick play, 3) the fact that it is in the tourist destination of Cancun. This quality of course would cost about $70-$80 to play on a weekend in the Austin, Texas area. I would recommend this course to just about anyone, particularly those who are staying in the hotel zone and don't want to spend an entire day traveling to play golf in Playa Del Carmen.

3 Thank rfums2004
california
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Nice Stay!”
Reviewed September 14, 2009

We just came back from a 8-day stay at the Hilton Cancun. We stayed at the Village, which was a good choice, since you don’t have to deal with elevators, or other guests too much. The room was clean, and the bed comfortable. It was great to have breakfast and happy hour drinks included; it was nothing fancy, but it was convenient to have a continental breakfast, and be able to stop by for drinks after a long day at the beach. By the way, the beach: yes, it has rocks, but it is a section that has fewer rocks than the other hotels in the area, and you can actually get in the water; the beach itself was nice, white sand and quiet (true, this is low season). The staff was friendly, specially Christian, the concierge at the Villa, very nice and helpful! I would stay at the Hilton again.

1 Thank viamarin